PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Puck Cafe or ????

emfisher2000
04-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Just wanted to get some thoughts on Wolfgang Puck Cafe. We will be in Disney for 1 week with our 4 kids and my wife would like to have a nice quiet meal with just the two of us. Any other ideas on a restaurant that may be more for adults??? Thanks for any replies.....

Belle_0717
04-02-2007, 01:04 PM
My DH and I love Fulton's Crab House. Or give Bongo's a try. That's right next to WPC but it is owned by Gloria Estefan and is Cuban. The food is good - my DH is a little picky so don't go by him. There is also the House of Blues which is also a great choice - Southern cooking at it's best. Don't miss the cornbread.

ElenitaB
04-02-2007, 01:34 PM
You don't mention whether the DTD location is a priority... if not, I'd suggest Artist Point or the Cali Grill. Both are lovely settings for a quiet dinner for two!

Kairi_7378
04-06-2007, 11:34 PM
The atmosphere at the CA Grill is romantic... you can't beat the views from the dining room or observation deck. The food is fantastic too. the meal is served at a relaxed pace, so that you can savor it, which you usually can't do when you're out with the kids.
There were children in the dining room at the CA Grill, but they were all well behaved.

POOHBER
04-08-2007, 03:03 AM
My DH and I love Fulton's Crab House. Or give Bongo's a try. That's right next to WPC but it is owned by Gloria Estefan and is Cuban. The food is good - my DH is a little picky so don't go by him. There is also the House of Blues which is also a great choice - Southern cooking at it's best. Don't miss the cornbread.
We celebrated our wedding in disney last year and had a lovley romantic meal at Calafornia grill.As I was wearing my dress we had a free bottle of champagne bought for us by a guest who wantes to remain annonymous.Really made our night.I also liked wolfgang pucks(the upstairs resturant) as it was not so chaotic as the down stairs one,although we ate there as well on 3 occasions as my husband loved the food and thought it was great.
Good luck:party: :mickey:

iceicebritney
04-08-2007, 03:46 PM
We love wolfgangs! If you are a big fan of sushi, its one of the only places on property to get amaizing sushi!! :)
But yeh, it has a great array of options. Check out the menu on intercot's menu pages and see if theres anything you like. If your going for something light, the salads are delicious and so are the personal pizza's that you can get for just yourself, or to share. All the food is really good quality - we ate at Emerils in Universal Studios, and then at Wolfgangs to compare the two - and Wolfgangs wins for more of a variety.. You can eat there numerous times and try all sorts of different things.
If your unsure about waisting a dinner on Wolfgangs and have something in mind, just stop over for lunch at the cafe. We usually go to typhoon lagoon for the day and then head to wolfgangs at DTD for lunch since the busses usually take you to DTD before you head back to your hotel anyway. No ressie's required for lunch which is also a plus:mickey:

Kristi Kay
04-09-2007, 12:28 AM
WGP is good, but I agree with another post that suggest Bongos...the food is excellent and it's a unique atmosphere....:mickey:

Natazu
04-09-2007, 01:52 AM
Wolfgang Puck Cafe is one of the best at Disney, perhaps the best for 1TS on the Dining Plan. Definitely more for adults than kids, I wouldn't call it a place for a quiet dinner. It gets a little loud.
Here's a review from our last time there: Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=87333)