PDA

View Full Version : Yachtsman Steakhouse

smartinez1
04-02-2007, 09:29 AM
I watched the Disney marathon on the Travel Channel yesterday. They had an episode about the Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney's yacht and Beach Club Resort. Has anyone eaten there? My brother and his family are going in May and are huge steak lovers, so I thought I would recommend this place to them. Of course I want to get all your expert opinion. I saw in the episode that when you walk in there is a glass room called the aging room, what is that? Can you pick which cut of meat you like from there? Also, I hears something about the Sandcastle club for kids? Is this somelthing for kids in the restaurant or in the resort? Thanks for any and all info!

pox24
04-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Great place to eat, gone quite a few times. :thumbsup:

Tynkerbelle
04-02-2007, 04:37 PM
I highly recommend the Yachtsman Steakhouse! :tasty:
There is in fact and "aging room", but you do not pick your exact peice of steak from there.
The Sandcastle Club is childcare for guest of the Y&BC...

Seasonscraps
04-02-2007, 05:43 PM
I think the Yachtsman Steakhouse is top notch! :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
04-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I watched that same special last September and it prompted me to book an ADR for my October trip and it was WAY worth it! Great food, and a great deal with a DP!

KarenP
04-02-2007, 06:31 PM
I love Yachtsman too. The food is very good!

Maleficent's Dad
04-02-2007, 06:57 PM
The Sandcastle Club is childcare for guest of the Y&BC...
Not accurate. Any guest staying at a WDW resort may use this service. Read here. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/childcare.asp)

The Yachtsman's Steakhouse is a great place with excellent service. The emphasis is definitely on beef, but there are other delicious options.

Note that all meals are a la carte, and can be quite pricey for those unaware! :mickey:

Natazu
04-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Here's a little review: Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=86519)

WelshieLover
04-03-2007, 05:07 PM
I think if you really are steak people and willing to pay for a real good steak, your better bet would be Shula's Steakhouse over at the Dolphin. We went to the Yachtsman in February, it was good but nowhere near the quality of Shula's.

rsumrall
04-03-2007, 05:22 PM
My kids ate happily at YSH.

BTW, definitely go for the dessert sampler! It was a fabulous way to cap a fine evening!

collins316
04-03-2007, 08:43 PM
We ate there on the Disney Dining plan. It was 2 credits per person.
I would have been disappointed if we were paying actaul cash for the meal. I thought it was very pricy, and for the money I would rather go to either Le Cellier ot the Maya Grill (in Coronado Springs- was excellent and not heavily traveled.)
The one bonus to the Yachtsman was that the tables are not piled on top of each other like LeCellier. It is nice to have some space between you and the next guy.

Ltmoko
04-04-2007, 05:24 PM
We ate at YSH on our honeymoon and really enjoyed the meal. The atmosphere was great. As stated above, tables are not crammed together, and its quiet and relaxing. Have not been since but, maybe the next trip.