PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast ideas?

Tigerlilly
04-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Hello All!
We are headed down on April 28th and are on the meal plan. We have TS ADRs for lunches on some days and dinners some days but did not pick any for breakfasts. I do not think we would necessarily need big breakfasts with all the food coming on the meal plan but figured I would get some suggestions. Its been several years since we have been down there so, where would be some good places to stop and grab breakfast?
We are staying at POFQ.

Thanks!:cloud9:

ElenitaB
04-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Actually, you've kind of hit the "mother lode" when it comes to CS breakfasts by staying at POFQ. We actually will travel there from other resorts just to have beignets in the morning! They are yummy! :tasty: Never had a beignet before? They are light, puffy donuts covered with powdered sugar. Of course, the best place in the world to get them is at Café du Monde in New Orleans where you can enjoy them with café au lait, but POFQ is a great substitute (plus you're at WDW). Other breakfast items include the usual suspects (eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, Mickey waffles, etc.)

If you want to find a CS breakfast in the parks, I'd suggest Tusker House (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/animalkingdom/tuskerhouse_breakfast.asp) at Animal Kingdom or one of our other favorites, Main Street Bake Shop (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/magickingdom/msbakeshop.asp) in the Magic Kingdom.

BelleBeauty
04-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Since the DDP is SO much food, we usually take it easy with CS breakfasts. I bring small boxes of cereal and breakfast bars from home. We are all adults, so we don't have to deal with the kiddies, but we just graba box while everyone is getting ready or take it on the bus with us. The few times I have gotten breakfast at POP I've been really, really full and not ready to enjoy my lunch. This is especially uncomfortable when it is hot outside!

diz_girl
04-02-2007, 09:12 AM
We were on the DDP in February and we still managed to fit in three TS breakfasts, although we paid for those OOP and did not use TS credits. The one thing that I love about WDW is that most places that serve breakfast have great eggs, so treat yourself at least once to a nice TS breakfast, maybe on the day that you leave WDW.

When we didn't do a TS breakfast, we ate our breakfast at the CS restaurant at our resort. The restaurants where we ate our TS breakfasts were: Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe and Crystal Palace. All three places had great breakfasts and we would eat there again in a heartbeat. The Kona Cafe French Toast is great. My DH had the Corned Beef Hash and Poached Eggs at the GF Cafe, which he thought were excellent. We had reservations at the Crystal Palace the morning we departed and our reservations were before the gate opened. It was neat to walk down Main Street practically alone. It's a great time to get in some pictures.

Whatever you choose, have a great time!

TBY2225
04-02-2007, 01:51 PM
One thing that worked well for us was to use our snack credits for breakfast. You can get a whole box of doughnuts in the food court of your hotel for only 1 credit! You can also use them for danishes, bagels and things like that.