PDA

View Full Version : How will Dice-K Do?

goofhook
04-02-2007, 06:41 AM
I'm just wondering how you guys think he'll do.... I think he'll win between 7 and 10 games. What do you guys think?

CleveSJM
04-02-2007, 08:41 AM
I think he'll win between 12-15. Top 20 type numbers...

Scar
04-02-2007, 10:50 AM
8-9 wins before the All-Star break, 2-3 after.

darthmacho
04-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I agree with the premise that he'll start strong, and likely struggle down the stretch as batter become familiar, the new routine wears on him, etc. Nevertheless, I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't win between 12-15 games, and hope he will win more. I'm thinking an ERA in the low 3's would not be a stretch, though I think he'll give up more runs in August/September.

As a Red Sox fan, I sincerely hope that not only Dice-K, but Beckett and Schilling, are all 15-20 game winners.

Go Sox!:mickey:

goofhook
04-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I think 12-15 is a pretty good prediction, but this is his first season in the majors. I think a few of the dominating hitters are going to get Dice-K in a bad position in some games, so I don't think he'll win 12-15 games. But I think a 10+ would be a safe bet. But by next year I think from their on it will be a 12-15 win season for most of his career.

Marker
04-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I just heard on the local Royals broadcast (Royals home opener against Red Sox) that the Royals had more requests for media credentials than they've had since 1985 (the year the Royals won the series...... yes, they actually won once). They also said that have of those requests were from Japanese media. So he's sure getting a lot of attention.

goofhook
04-02-2007, 08:32 PM
:offtopic: But the Royals really took a bite out of the Red Sox, now lets see how bad some Yankee fans make fun of us Red Sox fans.....:secret:

RedSoxFan
04-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Dice-K pitched very well this afternoon. 10 strikeouts and we won the series from KC 2-1. Go Red Sox

Marker
04-06-2007, 07:26 AM
But in 7 innings he also gave up 6 hits, a walk, and a home run. And remember, before tooting his horn too loudly, we're talking the Royals here, a team with 100 or more losses 4 out of the last 5 seasons.

I'm just saying, he's going to be facing much stiffer competition than he did this week.

merlinmagic4
04-06-2007, 07:39 AM
My son says we should go buy lots of furniture from Jordan's because the Sox are destined to win the World Series with Dice-K on board!!! He's 10.....

Jordan's has a promotion that any furniture you buy will be FREE if the Sox win the championship (for those of you outside the Boston area ;) )

MrDownTown
04-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Well the Royals might not be as bad as everyone is saying. Im not saying there going to win the divison or even be in the Wild Card but this team isnt as bad as we are used too.

The Royals have some decent Pitching this year; Gil Meche, Brandon Duckworth, Jorge De LaRosa, and Zach Greinke who seems to be back to his past form. So the royals have 4 serviceable pitchers on like years past.

At 3rd Base they have a rookie with alot of Potiental in Alex Gordon

A Young SS in Tony Pena Jr.

A Young 1st Basemen in Ryan Shealy

The some stablity in the infield with Mark Grudzielank and second a gold glove winner from last year

They have one of the Best DH's in the AL Mike Sweeney,

And have two above average players in the outfield in David DeJesus and Reggie Sanders

They also have two vetern catches in John Buck and Jason LaRue

SO this team might not be as bad as people think and Dice K handling them pretty well considering Hitters usually have the advantage in the start of the season

That being said i see Dice K anywhere between 10-15 wins

Marker
04-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Well the Royals might not be as bad as everyone is saying. Im not saying there going to win the divison or even be in the Wild Card but this team isnt as bad as we are used too.

I wish that would be true, but I'll believe it when I see it. We've had too may years of "they look good on paper". We saw what the bull pen did yesterday, one inning - 3 hits, 1walk and 2 quick runs scored. The bull pen has just killed us the last several years. Sweeney can only be "good" if he's healthy, and that's been a major challenge lately. And if any of these latest young hopefulls become seriously good, we'll just trade them away. This league is full of players who came through KC as young developing players.

RedSoxFan
04-06-2007, 12:21 PM
My son says we should go buy lots of furniture from Jordan's because the Sox are destined to win the World Series with Dice-K on board!!! He's 10.....

Jordan's has a promotion that any furniture you buy will be FREE if the Sox win the championship (for those of you outside the Boston area ;) )

I've seen the Jordan commercials. I'm thinking that Jordan's has had a lot of business lately. Hope the Red Sox win the World Series ----

goofhook
04-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Well right now he is 2-2, but his losses don't have much to do with him. For example in his game against the Mariners, they lost 3-0. If he got run support like last night against the Yankees, he would be at least 3-1 right now. Hopefully our big bats could always show up for him.

Melanie
04-28-2007, 01:55 AM
They also said that have of those requests were from Japanese media. So he's sure getting a lot of attention.

Every game he pitches is broadcast here on the local government television channel. The Japanese people went crazy a few weeks back when Boston and Seattle played! It's a hoot watching those games. Even though I can't understand what the announcers are saying, their enthusiasm is infectious! :thumbsup:

DisneyGiant
04-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Well right now he is 2-2, but his losses don't have much to do with him. For example in his game against the Mariners, they lost 3-0. If he got run support like last night against the Yankees, he would be at least 3-1 right now. Hopefully our big bats could always show up for him.

The Yankees are certainly helping him with their pitching right now........ :(