PDA

View Full Version : WLstandard view rooms

Vickie46
04-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Can anyone tell me about WL STandrad View rooms.. have you stayed in one or have you or did you get upgraded at checkin?? If so what kind of room did you get upgraded too? Should I request a MK VIEW.. or do you think I would be better not saying anything?

pox24
04-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Our only experience was a good one with a standard room. It actually faced the CR and was over the Smoke House. It beats looking at the parking lot. I would request an upgrade at check in but I wouldn't sweat it.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Our experience was the same as Pox24 - Standard View overlooking the Smoke House & service area. The balcony faced MK and The Contemporary. We were able to see Wishes each night - which was cool, but it wasn't the same without the music! The only annoyance was hearing the service vehicle "beeps" when backing up at around 4 am each morning. I'd take the same standard room again this year in a heartbeat! :mickey: We've been pleasantly surprised at all of our room locations over the years, and we haven't mentioned anything at check-in.

DisneyDudet
04-02-2007, 11:47 AM
We too had a room under concierge right above the smoke house. Wishes, CR, MK all right there in front of us!

I would only stay at WL again if I got that room.

We didn't ask.. we just asked NOT to have a certain room, i sniffed around on the internet for that!

Crow
04-02-2007, 07:52 PM
2 stays. once given a pool view the other overlooking the villas and bus stop. i would like a view of MK but a room at WL is better than room at other places!
i hope to stay there again and see the rehabbed rooms.

MNNHFLTX
04-03-2007, 09:16 AM
We've stayed in a courtyard view before (booked and paid as such) and a standard view (MK view) before, no upgrade offered. The standard view was fine, except the next time I would also request that it not be above the service area, as the trucks do get a bit noisy in the morning.

As far as upgrades, book the type of room you will happy in, even if you don't get an upgrade. If a standard view room is fine, then book that and if an upgrade occurs it will be a pleasant surprise. If you absolutely want, say, a courtyard view, then book that directly and don't rely on an upgrade. That way you won't be disappointed if you don't get one.:mickey:

BellewanaB
04-03-2007, 06:42 PM
OMG!

We reserved standard and were upgraded to pool view and holy cow! We were gone for most of the day so didn't get any pool noise but at night we openned the slider and listened to the waterfall lulling us to sleep. I would spand the extra cash for that waterfall ANYDAY! (hmmm...that must be why they gave us the freebie upgrade...it's like lacing someone food with funny buisness to get them hooked on it.)
<stroking imaginary beard>

Vickie46
04-08-2007, 06:32 PM
wow.. anyone else been lately.. thanks for all the replies!

TiggerRPh
04-08-2007, 07:37 PM
We were reserved for a standard view room but when we checked in the CM noticed that is was overlooking the garbage containers so we got upgraded to a pool view.

:thumbsup:

Crow
04-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Hopefully I will be at WL for 2 nights end Sept in a standard. mayb ill b upgraded! looking forward to seeing the rehabbed rooms and being back there.

Crow
04-09-2007, 07:02 PM
so should i take a courtyard view room for 2 nights w AAA for $515 or not? or book it and hope for a better deal on a room only for the timeframe. Sept 27 & 28?

DisneyDudet
04-09-2007, 07:09 PM
If a view is important to you, you should go ahead and book what you will be happy with. Upgrades are never a sure thing, so book what you want just in case.