PDA

View Full Version : Question about POFQ

Mnchknbrat1982
04-01-2007, 11:43 PM
My bf's mom told me something this weekend that I want to see if has been fixed before I change my reservations. She was saying when they was in Disney a yr or two ago right the fall after the hurricanes that the Port Orleans French Quarter had some hurricane damage. At the time the damage had not been fixed and it looked worn down. Has this been fixed? As we're thinking about switching our reservations to here if free dining is offered.

NotaGeek
04-02-2007, 12:17 AM
I stayed there last October any I didn't notice and damage... so it must be repaired. By the way I LOVED the POFQ!

angedeaile
04-02-2007, 12:22 AM
hmmm...I stayed there this past August and didn't notice anything of that nature.

I would assume since Disney prides itself on the upkeep of their parks, I would assume resorts would be the same. So if there was any damage, they would have fixed it ASAP. I could be wrong though..

Anywho, I didn't see anything...perhaps someone else saw damage.

alpro2
04-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Not sure if these are the hurricanes you were referring to, but I was there in 2004, right between the two big ones that hit central Florida. If I remember correctly, the first hit WDW. Actually, the place looked great considering what the rest of Orlando looked like after the storm. There were leaves and some branches around the property, but I don't remember any damage.

fielin
04-02-2007, 08:12 AM
I came back from POFQ a week ago, and there was no damage to be seen. I loved this place.

Wish I could still be there. :)

Mnchknbrat1982
04-02-2007, 02:34 PM
I figured that they had it fixed. Just during the time Alan's parents where down there you couldn't hardly get the supplies for fixing everything. As all the supplies were being sent to New Orleans.