PDA

View Full Version : I no longer believe you...

dinahvixen
04-01-2007, 11:10 PM
I keep reading on these boards how EE is comparable to BTM. I am a coaster wussy who just watched the Travel Channel show on the theme parks and Animal Kingdom where they showed EE and talked about the "80 foot drop"!!! I enjoy BTM, is EE REALLY REALLY like BTM??? It sure didn't look like it. I don't mind the backwards part or the yeti, but the drops...

Niecyboo
04-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Let me, as a fellow coaster wimp, be the first to reply. I'll start by saying I can't stand falling. I've never ridden TOT (and NEVER will) and until our last trip, I only rode Splash because I was forced to (I don't know why, but I learned to like it on our last trip) because the drop was too much for me. That being said, the drop on EE doesn't bother me. I rode it 4 times our last trip and am very excited to ride it again. For some reason, the drop doesn't bother me as much as Splash. Probably because it isn't a straight drop, but has a banked curve to it. (I think that's the right term). I almost let the length of the drop keep me from this ride, but it is now among my favorites.

By the way, in answer to you question, it is a bit like BTMRR, but on steroids.

kakn7294
04-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Honestly, I thought EE was rather tame compared to many coasters. I think that is is a much smoother ride than BTM, but also faster and the drop is bigger but the view from the top can't be beat! I think it looks much more intimidating than it really is. I don't know that a comparison to BTM is accurate, but I don't think it's any scarier, especially once you've ridden it once. BTW, that special on the Travel Channel really plays it up - I didn't think it was like that at all!

Marilyn Michetti
04-02-2007, 01:04 AM
I've not ridden EE, but won't because of the jerky side to side "whiplash" movement. The same kind of motion now keeps me off BTMRR. Arthritis in the neck in older folks MAKES us slow down whether we want to or not.:blush:

angedeaile
04-02-2007, 01:10 AM
Yeah...I am with you dinahvixen on this. I am a coaster wussy as well, but I LOVED BTM. I was surprised.

Before my first trip, I heard that EE wasn't so bad and was comparable to BTM. I was actually planning on riding EE...until I got to the ride and watched others on it.

Infact, after reading Niecyboo's reply, I thought...well maybe I didn't give it a fair judgement. Banked turns can make a difference. Although, I think it is all about comfort.

I watched a google video of someone on that ride, I cringed the whole time. Banked turns or not, I can just feel the fear watching the footage.

To others it might not be so bad, which is why you may have heard it is comparable, while folks like us beg to differ.

It is hard to judge and compare a unique DW ride to a totally different DW ride. So I don't think anyone necessarily is wrong, it is just hard to describe and compare.

celebrationasheley
04-02-2007, 01:16 AM
:mickey: The drop is NOTHING. A couple of times I went on it, we did the drop real slow, just ask for the front and you won't feel the intensity as if you were in the back.:mickey:

DizneyRox
04-02-2007, 01:17 AM
I would agree that a comparison to BTMRR is really not accurate for EE. EE is a step up in terms of technology I would say. It's much smoother than BTMRR and has many elements that BTMRR doesn't have. The backwards helix is one, the drop is another.

In terms of drops however, I wouldn't say that the EE drop is much of a drop. The twisting add a different element to it and (at least I don't remember) you don't get the same stomach in your throat feeling that you do on Splash Mountain.

EE is pretty intense however. I recommend that everyone ride everything at least once (provided you meet the requirements). Different people have different reactions to the various rides. It's a shame to miss some of the rides because of preconceived notions. Only you can make the decision on if it's right for you. Except when it comes to SGE, that one's just not worth the trouble.

dumbo ears
04-02-2007, 01:25 AM
you must have been watching all the disney shows that were on the travel channel today. there weree like 8 different shows. i didnt' watch them but i recorded them

DVC2004
04-02-2007, 08:06 AM
The drop is worse on Splash. On EE you don't even "feel" it. Going backwards is the part you "feel". The steep incline you first go up is not followed by the major drop.

fielin
04-02-2007, 08:16 AM
For me it was indeed comparable to BTM in terms of intensity. Not worse. The theming is much better, though.

xipetotec
04-02-2007, 09:42 AM
I keep reading on these boards how EE is comparable to BTM. I am a coaster wussy who just watched the Travel Channel show on the theme parks and Animal Kingdom where they showed EE and talked about the "80 foot drop"!!! I enjoy BTM, is EE REALLY REALLY like BTM??? It sure didn't look like it. I don't mind the backwards part or the yeti, but the drops...

Well that's the thing, I think everyone has different things they don't like. My wife, for example, loves Rock'n Rollercoaster ( which has upside down loops! ) and *hateshateshates* the backwards part on EE. ( she doesn't mind the drop though ).

That being said, I certainly wouldn't say EE is just like BTM!!

dinahvixen
04-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Yeah, the travel channel show described EE with an "80 foot drop". The reason I can do BTM is b/c is it banked, I can probably do EE with a banked drop, and the Yeti on the show looked great! Thanks for your input.

LauraSAnne
04-02-2007, 12:33 PM
I have to agree that getting a seat in the VERY FRONT will make a world of difference. Anyone who's ridden BTMR [or RnRC] in the very very front, could tell you that it makes you miss most of the drop as it doesn't release the cars til the front ones are already making their way down the drops. That's your best bet if you're gonna at least give it a try!

caryrae
04-02-2007, 12:34 PM
I am a wussy on a couple rides RnR and ToT I don't like the fast take off of RnR or the up and down of ToT. I wasn't sure about EE but decided to try it at least once and I am glad I did cause it was fun. I wasn't sure how I would like the going backwards feeling but I was fine with not as bad as I thought. I will go on EE again.

I wish they could have a slightly tamer start to RnR for us wussies. I hate the fast take off but the rest of it is fun. If they could do like MS and have different experiences one with a slower take off and the way it is now with the fast take off.

magicofdisney
04-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Well I think the drop on EE is as bad as the drop on Splash. Then again, I close my eyes and duck in my seat for each drop. I hate those drops. But the rest of the ride is pretty cool. I actually enjoy the part where you go backwards. I think a drop backwards would be pretty neat but they don't offer that at Disney.