PDA

View Full Version : Knee surgery AGAIN tomorrow and a scare with Bobby

Here we go again...
04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Well guys, wish me luck. Tomorrow morning I go in at 7am for surgery in my left knee. As you know, I just did surgery on my right knee in December. My doctor will not do both at the same time and says I am still too young for knee replacement. This time I have 2 tears in the meniscus and she said my arthritis is getting worse. She is going to clean it up while she is in there.
This has by far been the most painful time that I can remember. Hopefully I will soon be a little more pain free.

I have also made the decision to step down at work. I am going to take a less stressful position once I get back to work. I plan to take the full 3 weeks off to recover and then slow down a little bit.

I have not been on line much lately but have been going through a lot. In addition to my own problems and stress at work, we had a little scare with Bobby. I sent him to the doctor to check on a spot on his back I did not like...
It was a malignant melinoma. Two surgeries later they told us that they were able to remove it all. We are truely blessed.

We could use any spare Prayers and Pixie dust...
Angel

SgtTigger
04-01-2007, 11:21 PM
You know we are pulling for everything to be fine.........

We are sending tons of pixie dust to you..... :pixie:

Let us know how things come out... :wishes:

It was great to spend time with both of yall this weekend.........

Hang in there you will be back on your feet and Knees in no time........

:cop: :tigger:

Piglet822
04-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Sending lots and lots of :pixie:, :magic:, and prayers your way for you and Bobby. And lots of :hug: as well.

kakn7294
04-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Pixie dust and prayers for your surgery and a quick and painless recovery! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: Thank goodness you caught that skin cancer too!

Dsnygirl
04-01-2007, 11:22 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: and prayers headed your way for tomorrow - I hope your surgery turns out fine, and that you'll be feeling back to your old self quickly! It's probably a good idea to lighten the load at work - try to save yourself any more surgeries!!

glad to see you back online a little - and so glad you followed your instinct w/ Bobby! Those moles, etc., can be so scarey. I have to take my DD8 in for one to be looked at. Thank goodness they got it all!

Let us know how things go tomorrow - good luck!:thumbsup:

Christine
04-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Gosh, Angel! I wish you the best results from your surgery...I hope you become pain free very very soon! You are in my prayers.

And how scary for Bobby! Thank goodness they got it!

Please take care and let us know how you're doing!

Goofeygal
04-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Best wishes to you and Bobby for a speedy recovery.:mickey:

Jeremy
04-02-2007, 01:30 AM
prayers and pixie dust coming your way!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

alpro2
04-02-2007, 06:02 AM
Good luck with your surgery. Please let us know how you are doing.

merlinmagic4
04-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Good luck with your surgery! :pixie: :pixie: for good health for you, Bobby, and the rest of your family!

DVC2004
04-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Prayers and pixie dust on the way for a successful surgery and for Bobby's continued good health. It certainly sounds like a stressful time for you.

DisneyorBust
04-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Prayers and best wishes to both of you.
Hope that everything works out well with your surgery.

Mickey'sGirl
04-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Best wishes for you and your surgery Angel! I don't get this too young for replacement thing....You are the third person who has told me that their doctor told them they were too young.... My mom had both hips done (one at age 33, the other at 34) and then her knees (one at age 37, the other at age 38). She is still using those parts 30 years later! I don't get it. I hope you find some pain relief! :pixie: Also, I am so glad that Bobby's surgeries were successful! I'll be thinking of you both! :mickey:

SodaPopMGK
04-02-2007, 09:04 AM
:pixie: and prayers for a successful surgery and good health for you and your family.

ElenitaB
04-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Angel, truckloads of :pixie: for you. I'm sure your surgery will go very well, and I'll be praying for a quick recovery!

You can also tell Bobby from now on that it's a good thing you nag him! ;) Glad you noticed the spot and made sure he had it taken care of!

Here's some extra :pixie: for all three of you! Please let us know how you're doing as soon as you can. :hug:

MsMin
04-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Sending more :pixie: with a little extra sparkle.
Take care of yourself with your knee, we want you fully recovered (aka don't push yourself, take it easy)
So glad you found that spot on Bobby's back and it has been taken care of.
:pixie:

Nascfan
04-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Sending much :pixie: for your surgery, Angel. I hope this brings you much relief.
I'm so thankful that you noticed the spot on Bobby's back and sent him to the doc so they could take car of it too!

Here we go again...
04-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Well, I am one day post op and happy to say I am feeling fine. The surgery was what I would call a success... I feel less pain from the surgey than I did before the surgery. I actually slept last night for the first time in weeks.
I guess all of the Prayers and Pixie Dust did the job.

After the surgery my doctor and Bobby had a long talk. Of course they discussed the fact that I have a lot of weight to lose but she knows my battles with my Thyroid and arthritis so she understands how difficult of a time I am having. It looks like I am going to have to spend lots of time in the pool.
She also told Bobby that my arthritis is getting much worse. She is going to get in touch with my Rhumatoid doctor to see about changing about my meds. And, it looks like the next surgery will be knee replacement. She said it has gotten to the point that shaving the bones is no longer an option. I am not sure if this is good or bad news... I have mixed emotions. Part of me is glad because when ever I get to the point that I need a surgery I am in excruciating pain. A replacement would mean that I would not have to keep going through this. Another stupid part of me says that when I have the replacement then the rhumatiod beat me. I know that sounds stupid... but when you deal with something like this almost all of your life you are always proud of the time that you make little steps to beat the disease.

Good news for Bobby too. He got his stitches out yesterday. The doctor said that he actually cut a little deeper than he should have just to make sure he got all of the cancer. And, we are very excited to say that he is cancer free! They did burn a few spots off of his face but they are a benign type of cancer. So he looks a little funky, but I sure am glad I have him... funky face and all. :cloud9:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes :mickey:

DVC2004
04-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Glad to hear surgery went well and you are recovering. I am also glad about the good news for Bobby. More pixie dust for you both and your speedy recovery!

ChipnDaleGal
04-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Sending :pixie: for the both of you Angel. I am glad you are feeling better already. My dad went through alot with one of his knees for many years, so I know the kind of pain you have had. Good luck with the new meds. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
04-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Angel, glad to hear that both you and Bobby are on the mend! All three of you are in my thoughts!

Here's some quick recovery :pixie:!

Christine
04-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Oh Angel, I am so glad to hear that you are getting relief from your pain!!! I too deem that a very successful surgery!!

And thank goodness they were smart enough to go down deeper to the "good meat" (as they called it when they cut cancer out of my husband). That way there's no chance of any root of that bad stuff sticking in there!

Here's even more :pixie: headed your way to continue good health and healing!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Good thoughts for you both for continued recovery!!

I understand 100% what you are going through with your knee. I had microfracture and meniscus repair in Nov 2005. I then had to have a major reconstruction (as far as the surgeon could go without doing a knee replacement..I am only 32), with transplants in April of 2006. I am going in again in June to clean up some edges. I was on crutches, total NWB for 8 weeks my last surgery...with three kids!! :(
I can totally relate to your pain and frustration. I hope this surgery will help with that some. Do lots of swimming,as you know, great for those lousy knees!! ;)

Mickey'sGirl
04-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Great news Angel -- for both you and Bobby! Extra :pixie: for it to continue!!! :mickey: