PDA

View Full Version : multiple home resorts

crazykids
04-01-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm not too sure on this subject, so please correct me if this scenerio is incorrect. Someone told me that you can have points at multiple home resorts & through transferring & moving around points, you can give yourself enough points at the home resort you choose to stay.

For example: I choose to buy 200 points @ Animal Kingdom from Disney and 50 points each through resale at Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge. If I move my points around the right way then I can make a reservation for Beach Club at 11 months for my entire stay?

Tinkermom
04-01-2007, 09:14 PM
You can only use the 50 Beach Club points at Beach Club Villas at 11 months out.

If you really want Beach Club Villas but own most of your points at Animal Kingdom then one way to make your ressies would be to book your entire stay at Animal Kingdom at 11 months out (since this is where you have most of your points). This is assuming that your 200 points there would cover it all. Then at 7 months out you can switch your reservation to the Beach Club Villas AND you can use your 50 Beach Club points and your 50 Wilderness Lodge points to add days or get a bigger room if you so choose. Doing it this way ensures that you at least have a place to stay in case you can't get into your 1st choice.

At 7 months out you can use any points you want to make a reservation. The only catch is that you cannot split nights. For example - it costs 26 points for one night at Beach Club Villas, you cannot use 13 Beach Club points and 13 Wilderness Lodge points. You must use your points in full night increments.

Having multiple contracts can be a bit confusing at first. Member Services has always been great with helping us get the most out of it though!:thumbsup:

Hope this makes sense!

JMTStone
04-02-2007, 09:54 PM
We've recently bought at SSR but LOVE AKL. Lisa gives us hope that we could buy at AKVillas... :plot:

Tinkermom
04-02-2007, 10:53 PM
We've recently bought at SSR but LOVE AKL. Lisa gives us hope that we could buy at AKVillas... :plot:

Uh-oh, I think the "DVC add-on bug" has bitten you! LOL! :D

FiggyFan
04-03-2007, 09:39 PM
For example: I choose to buy 200 points @ Animal Kingdom from Disney and 50 points each through resale at Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge. If I move my points around the right way then I can make a reservation for Beach Club at 11 months for my entire stay?

The best you could do in this case is group 150 BCV points into 1 year (bank 50 2007 points into 2008, plus 50 2008 points, plus borrow 50 2009 points into 2008). This would let you make a 150 point reservation at BCV at the 11 month window.