PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going in May?

TinaElmerRh
04-01-2007, 07:25 PM
We are going May 23-28 staying at SOG. Can't wait. First trip for 3yr old granddaughter.

ALyankee
04-01-2007, 07:30 PM
We will be at SOG on 26-31 May. First time staying at SOG. Have you stayed there before?

TinaElmerRh
04-01-2007, 07:37 PM
This is also our first time staying there. I've read alot of nice things about SOG. I'm am driving my husband crazy. Our trip can't come fast enough. Do you have any children Alyankee?

ALyankee
04-01-2007, 07:59 PM
This trip I will be with my 7 y/o DS, my 17 y/o Nephew, 3 y/o Great Niece and my Sister-in-law. :mickey: We have been to WDW several times but never tried SOG. I have been reading really great reviews and I am looking forward to the big rooms. I am curious how easy/difficult it is to get to and from the monorail at Poly. Some say it is a nice walk while others say they were to wore out to make the trek back at night. Not worried about my niece as she will be in a stroller still but DS may not have the energy at the end of the day.

TinaElmerRh
04-01-2007, 09:54 PM
I read it is about a 10 min walk to the poly. I've been taking walks to get my granddaughter used to walking. We are also taking a stroller with us. We've stayed at the poly before. We really like it, but can't beat the price of SOG. My kids were teens when we went before so I am really looking forward to taking a younger child to see her excitement.

mudpuppysmom
04-01-2007, 10:13 PM
DS and I are going 9-16 May and staying at SOG. We have stayed there a few times before and we really enjoy it. DH will be joining us for a "long weekend" and he is the one that really pushed originally to stay at SOG. I told him a few months ago I feel like I know where I'm going when we stay there -- I don't feel stressed about finding the resort and getting around. It feels somewhat homey to me. I think you guys will be pleased with the accommodations and the quietness of the place (although some ppl have said it was noisy, but I've never heard much noise at all). People are also pretty easy going and respect your privacy there.