PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Concierge?

blackwell98
04-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Hello Intercoters; We are going to WDW in the beginning of August, Thinking about staying at the Boardwalk to going to AK Concierge level. We love the atmosphere of AK, just want to know if anyone has stayed Concierge and is it worth it to them? If you stay Concierge does that mean you get a sav. view? Any comments would be great. thanks

TammiMcMan
04-01-2007, 09:27 PM
AKL has one of the nicer club levels and comparatively speaking, it's not a bad value. You cannot guarantee a savannah view room, but I believe nearly all of the club level rooms do have that view. There are a couple of smoking optional rooms that overlook the pool.

One thing to consider though, is that the AKL is currently undergoing renovation of some of their upper level rooms and outside construction for DVC units. There has been some report of noise due to the construction.

pox24
04-02-2007, 08:28 AM
The Boardwalk concierge is far superior than the AKL. At the BW you are on the Boardwalk, usually over between the Flying Fish and the ESPN Club. We stayed over Spoodles. Although the AKL is awesome, I don't think the concierge compares to that at the BW. Also, from the BW CL you can see Illuminations at night.

TammiMcMan
04-02-2007, 08:58 AM
The Boardwalk concierge is far superior than the AKL. At the BW you are on the Boardwalk, usually over between the Flying Fish and the ESPN Club. We stayed over Spoodles. Although the AKL is awesome, I don't think the concierge compares to that at the BW. Also, from the BW CL you can see Illuminations at night.See and I don't enjoy the Boardwalk as much. I found it to be a bit too busy after a day at the parks. I really liked the solitude of the AKL and I don't mind watching animals on the savannah as opposed to fireworks. Personally, I think the lounge itself has a better overall setup and I'm a sucker for the African smoothie of the day and the afternoon tea :secret: . I just think it's great that Disney offers so much of a selection. Something to suit everyones taste and check book.

ThanxForNoticin
04-02-2007, 01:46 PM
See and I don't enjoy the Boardwalk as much. I found it to be a bit too busy after a day at the parks. I really liked the solitude of the AKL and I don't mind watching animals on the savannah as opposed to fireworks. Personally, I think the lounge itself has a better overall setup and I'm a sucker for the African smoothie of the day and the afternoon tea :secret: . I just think it's great that Disney offers so much of a selection. Something to suit everyones taste and check book.

Everyone has their own tastes, but we find AKL concierge far superior to BW concierge. The best perk of the AKL concierge is the ability to do the Sunrise Safari - which is an awesome experience (even though it's an additional cost). The only downside right now would be the potential for construction noise, but many of the rooms are probably not impacted yet on the concierge level. And generally, if you request a savanna room and check in early enough, you are very likely to get one - but it is not guaranteed.

Willowwind
04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
I knew about the construction but for some reason it never occured to me that there might be noise from it. Sheesh... which side of the hotel is it happening on?