PDA

View Full Version : Birnbaum's Guide

i'm grumpy
04-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I was looking at the 2007, but I can't tell if it's any different from the 2006. Do you buy one every year?

faline
04-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Much of it stays the same from year to year. I might buy a copy every 5-6 years.

You can find information that is much more current here on Intercot!

CanadianWDWFan
04-01-2007, 04:09 PM
We usually buy several new guides every year. This helps us overcome the Disney blues.:D After we are done with it we sometimes pass it on to friends and family. We do find that from year to year the guides don't really report anything new unless if a new attraction is introduced.

MargaretMessler
04-01-2007, 06:05 PM
I was looking at the 2007, but I can't tell if it's any different from the 2006. Do you buy one every year?

We used to, but as others mentioned, a lot of the basic info (trip planning, etc.) is the same. Really the only "new" things from year to year are the rides or attractions, etc. which hadn't yet opened when the prior edition was printed and the coupons in the back are updated. So if you enjoy web surfing, you can find all the same and more info online. And, if the coupons aren't anything that you'd be interested in anyways...they don't matter.

We did notice that there were coupons for a couple of tours we were thinking of trying in the back of this year's edition (Behind the Seeds and the Segway Tour), I think this would've made it break even with just us two traveling.

i'm grumpy
04-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks. I love to collect them, but didn't see much difference.

disneymom2000
04-01-2007, 09:02 PM
I usually only buy the book for the years I am able to go - mostly to use as souvenirs and to use in my scrapbooks.