View Full Version : Feb. 2008
04-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I've been thinking of going to the WDW Feb. 12-18 2008 and had a few questions.
1. Whats the weather like?
2. When can I go online to check pricing and avail.
3. Do they have anything like free dining?
4. What are the crowds like?
It will be me, DW, DS9, DD8 and this will be our 4th trip to Disney. Thanks for any help in advance!
04-01-2007, 03:34 PM
1. Weather can vary greatly at this time of year. You might find warm, swimming weather, cold weather, or something in between. There generally is not a lot of rain at this time of year.
2. Packages for 2008 have not yet been announced. They will likely be announced within the next 1-3 months.
3. It is highly unlikely that free dining would be offered at this time of year.
4. Crowds will be low to moderate at the beginning of your trip and you will find it very crowded by the end of your trip. The end of your trip coincides with Presidents' day weekend which is very crowded.
04-01-2007, 03:37 PM
We went mid FEB 2006 and it was COLD! In the 30's at night. It wasn't crowded, but you will still need ADR's for the resturants. It's not always that cold, but it is the coldest month of the year. I will never go in Feb again. Forget about the water rides and the water parks. We still had fun, but it would be better to go in spring or fall. I don't think they have ever had free dining in Feb. Bring a coat, we didn't:(.
04-01-2007, 10:05 PM
We were there this past February right before and during President's day weekend.
It was downright COLD!! There were people wearing beanies and winter gloves. I did hear, however, that is was unseasonably cold when we were there.
I had heard the crowds would be pretty bad because of President's Day weekend, but we normally go in the summer months so the crowds seemed normal to us.
Good luck planning and have fun!!
04-03-2007, 08:38 AM
My wife and I were down this past February and are booked to return in February 2008 as well. The nights this past February were chilly. Sales of sweatshirts were really going well.
The crowds were low to moderate, but we left just before the President's Day crowd. There were a fair number of dance teams, but they were most noticed on the buses.
The Pirates and Princess party was being offered during February and the park was empty the week night we attended.
Take some warm clothes to be safe and enjoy at less crowded time of year!
04-03-2007, 12:35 PM
We always go in Feb now. It is our favorite time of year. We usually plan to be there just prior to President's Day so we normally go about the same time that you have planned. If you can, I would try to avoid President's Day weekend. The weather is cool, but not cold. No water parks, although the kids still swim in the resort pools which are heated. I usually dress in layers. Pants and a short sleeved shirt with a light jacket that I can use in the mornings and evenings, but tie around my waist for the afternoons. We were there in Feb '06 and that was an unusually cold year. We always bring coats just in case. There are a lot of HS cheer teams this time of year, but we were never bothered by them and they were even at our resort. All in all, I think it is a wonderful time of year to go. I'd much rather the weather be cool than hot.
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.