PDA

View Full Version : Nov 29 - Dec 6

Townie
04-01-2007, 01:27 PM
:mickey:

We are planning trip from Nov. 29 - December 6. Does anyone know if this is the time when the film for christmas parade and how to get to see tapings?

wifey5794
04-01-2007, 02:20 PM
That first weekend is the taping and we will be there also. I am sure someone will have detailed info about how to get to see it. We will avaoid MK for the weekend - it is crazy!!!!

Strmchsr
04-01-2007, 02:51 PM
No official announcements have been made, but, if it follows all previous years the taping will be done Nov 30-Dec 2.

As for how to get to see it, good question. It totally depends upon how they do it, which also hasn't been announced. Up until 2005 you just found a spot and watched for as long or little as you wanted. Starting in 2005 they made you sign up for a several hour shift where you promised to stay in place. Remember that this is not just one parade. The bring one float at a time and run it and rerun a ton of times so watching the parade taping is a whole lot of hurry up and wait. Kids, especially, get bored in a huge hurry. It's the same with the music acts. First they tape the dancers, then the band, then this section, then that section before finally the main performer comes out and does one or two takes, so you might stand there 2 hours watching preliminary stuff before the main act comes out.

In 2006 I think only AP holders could sign up to be a participant, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, when it gets closer to time and WDW announces their plans you can bet Intercot will post those plans right away.