PDA

View Full Version : Fielin's 30th birthday trip 20-28th of March , day 2

fielin
04-01-2007, 01:15 PM
CMs :

Fielin (me) : 29, until the 23rd
Julien (my dbf) : 25

At 7:15, Stitch rang us to tell us it was time to wake up. We immediately knew the magic surrounded us.

We were still tired from the trip, but we were so excited, there was no way we would go back to sleep.

We took a bus to MK and arrived at 8:55 am, just before the Good Morning. We went through the gate and saw Chip and Dale, our favorites, waving at us. :cool:

We've been about a thousand times to Disneyland Paris, and were curious to see the differences with MK.

It's a strange impression : everything globally the same, but there are some subtle differences, except for tomorrowland that is completely different.

What we did :
Pirates of the carribean : I do not like this attraction in France, and did not find it better in MK, except for the face of barbarossa which is great.

Jungle Cruise : we just loved it. The CM was absolutely hilarious ! He single handedly made this ride worthwhile.

Big Thunder Mountain : It's much better than the french version. The theming is great, the sceneries are beautiful. Liked it.

Splash Mountain : boy was this wet ! "You may get wet", they say ! You will, more like it. We loved it. The dark ride part is fantastic, and the thrill part is not that thrilling, but very fun.

Monster Comedy Warehouse : This was great. The audience was rolling on the floor laughing. This was an excellent surprise, as I had read some very negative reviews here. It is not as good as turtle talk with crush, but it is very good.

Stitch's great escape : not worth the time. But I think this is the kind of attractions you have to do at least once. It was fun, but not worth coming back to. Parents beware, all the kids began crying, shouting, and had to go out before the ride ended.

We also saw a parade on main street and The YoaMD show near the castle. Then we went back to the hotel in order to rest and get prepared to go to California Grill for Dinner.:thumbsup:

The Dinner was fantastic food was good (not great), and we got to see Wishes from the top of the roof. Our table was decorated for my birthday (although it was not yet my birthday, but hey, I already had my "Happy Birthday" badge.), although I had not asked for anything special.

This was a wonderful evening, as our waitress made a point to speak with us, and offered great service (for which she was tipped extra even though we were on the dining plan).

We came back to the hotel to realize mousekeeping had worked some magic : animals everywhere in the bathroom, which we had not seen in the afternoon.:mickey:

This was the end of an exciting second day... And our last in POP, as we would hop to AKL the day after...

dtootsie42
04-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks for sharing....sounds like your trip was off to a great start. Looking forward to the rest of your report. :mickey:

ElenitaB
04-01-2007, 04:01 PM
What a grand day! You certainly did a lot of the attractions (and it's heartening to hear that people are liking the new Laugh Floor). Can't wait to hear about your impressions of AKL! Onto your next day!

faline
04-01-2007, 06:35 PM
I haven't been to the park in France so it's fun to hear your opinions on the differences between the two. Sounds like a wonderful first day which you topped off with one of my favorite Disney World restaurants!

BelleCiavo
04-01-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm happy to read a positive review about the Laugh Floor. Cali Grill and fireworks sound wonderful.
Thank for sharing your day.
Karen

Bethis26fan
04-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Sounds like a really great day.

pogo
04-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Now that's what I call a wonderfull Disney day.:mickey:

On to read day three. :D

ChipnDaleGal
04-03-2007, 09:16 AM
What a perfect first day! I really enjoyed your comparision to Disneyland Paris. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

scooterca42
04-03-2007, 12:29 PM
I didn't see if you rode Space Mountain, but the themeing is different from the Jules Verne-y theme in France. I love them both, but I am a real sap for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea so for me the version in France wins out just a bit.

sleepingbooty
04-03-2007, 12:32 PM
I've not read much about Disneyland Paris, so its really interesting to hear your comparisons. Glad you're enjoying yourself!

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: