PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Evenings at AK

cgriff
04-01-2007, 10:54 AM
We are considering two different park itineraries for our upcoming July trip...

One scenario has us attending AK on two different afternoons (one of them an Extra Magic Evening hours day). The other has us at AK only one non-EME day, from open until close.

We'd prefer the two afternoon plan over the single all-day plan, but we are concerned about wait times if we don't get a morning start.

How are the crowds at AK during EME? And which of our AK intineraries would you choose?

Thanks for your input!
cgriff

wdwvacationeer
04-01-2007, 11:20 AM
We loved the EMHs in the evening at the Animal Kingdom- especially in Asia. It was crowded when we were there last year- but Expedition Everest was very new- so the lines for that were ridiculous; but, the wait to ride it in the dark was worth it. Animal Kingdom is very beautiful in the dark- the lighting really adds to the overall feel of the park. We will be going on an EMH evening this year, too. We have already planned around it.

We also went for the EMHs in the morning and it does make the lines much more manageable. We ran to EE as soon as the CM let us and we seemed to be just a little bit ahead of the long waits. We saw quite a bit of what we wanted to, ate at the Flame Tree BBQ for lunch and were back at our resort at about 1:30. Then we went to a different park in the evening.

Meghan
04-01-2007, 12:13 PM
I would spend two afternoons at DAK. The park is beautifully lit in the evenings, its worth seeing. In my experience the park never seemed much more crowded on the day with the Extra Magic Hour evening. However it's the EMH morning day (usually Monday) that tends to be insane.

KylesMom
04-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Remember that AK in July will be INSANELY hot during the late morning/mid afternoon hours. Although we have never gone in the evening, I bet that would be really neat to experience.

Due to the heat, we would never last for a full day at AK (and that's saying something, as we LIKE the heat & humidity!!!). We typically leave around 2 or 3 pm on a morning EMH day. It always seems to be twice as hot at AK than it is everywhere else.

I would definitely think about doing an EMH morning trip to AK - we seem to be able to get on most of the e-ticket attractions (Everest, Kali, Dinosaur, FotLK, visit with Mickey in Camp Mickey-Minnie) prior to lunch time, then finish up with the Safari prior to leaving the extremely hot park. :mickey:

tyandskyesmom
04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
We love AK. We never seem to be able to see everything on one day. The times of shows, and how spread out it is really seem to mess with us for some reason. It has worked out better for us to do a full day and then another part of a day, and the last time we were there it included an EMH night. During EMH the park was noticable less crowded. I think it would really take planning though to really use the EMH because not everything is open during EMH so you would want to plan to see/do the things that would be closed during EMH during the day. It was really pretty during the EMH.

So I guess I am saying the 2 seperate days over 1 whole day....