PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Animal Kingdom Park to Close Permanently

Maleficent's Dad
04-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Walt Disney World to Close the Animal Kingdom Park

In a stunning announcement this morning, the Walt Disney Company has announced the closing of their largest, and some would say least successful, theme park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

The announcement, made this morning outside of the park during a hastily called press conference, shocked many.

“The Walt Disney Company has decided that the Animal Kingdom Theme Park will close after this summer’s busy season,” stated Vice President Mary Steiner. “We feel that this park cannot continue to operate under the strict standards that Disney holds itself to.”

Steiner further commented that the Animal Kingdom Park has lost money since its first year, and Disney Imagineers have continually stated that they wanted to put their efforts into more crowd pleasing endeavors.

Guests had mixed feelings.

“I only come here for the new coaster,” stated Orlando native Tony Dawnson. “This park has nothing else to offer me. I like Disney just fine, but they blew it on this one!”

“It’s a shame,” said Cathy Partington toting her two daughters. “We love the park; it’s beautifully done; the plants, the animals, the themes. We’re devastated by this news.”

Steiner alluded to the fact that the Animal Kingdom’s attendance pales in comparison to the other three parks at Walt Disney World. “We anticipated a much more positive response from the public. However, with the land being used here, Disney can do some fantastic things.” She did not elaborate on what the future plans of said land would be.

Steiner further went on to ease people’s minds regarding the animals at the park. “All our animals will be relocated. They will find new homes in either Walt Disney World or at an accredited zoological park. Many of the animals from our Kilimanjaro Safaris attraction will be used at the new expansion at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.”

She gave no further indication of what would happen with the land, once the park has been vacated.

-Associated Press
AP Writer Joe K. Ster
April 1, 2007

cgriff
04-01-2007, 10:59 AM
April Fools, Malificent!

DizneyRox
04-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Let the games begin!

Bill George
04-01-2007, 11:04 AM
This sounds like some of the {stuff} my mother would try to pull on April Fools.

FkeyportNJ
04-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Thats crazy now other parks will be to busy. This is a great park They are leting Disney World fall apart by doing stupid things like this.

dumbo ears
04-01-2007, 11:13 AM
is this april fools or not because this is a very serious thing and if it is going to close than my family will be devastated

Altair
04-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Dihydrogen Monoxide has also been recently found in Bay Lake. Bad news all around for Disney fans.:(

Willowwind
04-01-2007, 11:22 AM
:wait: I hate April Fools day...

Fangorn
04-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Not only has dihydrogen monoxide been found in Bay lake, but the last Florida state inspections found that every hotel room on property was contaminated with the stuff as well. This could lead to a complete closure of WDW!!!! :mad: :mad:

DizneyFreak2002
04-01-2007, 11:51 AM
is this april fools or not because this is a very serious thing and if it is going to close than my family will be devastated

Taylor, welcome to April Folls Day on Intercot :)

TracyL
04-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Maleficent's Dad - Kudos for a very well-written press release. Convincing, articulate, and worthy of this auspicious day.

As for those of you who bought it, stay calm! The Yeti and his furry friends will be with us for a long time to come.

If it was completely not believable, there'd be no point in posting it!

:funny:

DizneyFreak2002
04-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Maybe he should have said the article was from the Orlando Sentinal... Then it would have been more believable..

Ian
04-01-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm probably the only one who's disappointed this is only for April Fool's Day.

Would that it were actually true!

BronxTigger
04-01-2007, 12:06 PM
-Associated Press
AP Writer Joe K. Ster
April 1, 2007

Great author!

For a split second, I said to myself, "gasp! huh?" then I said to self: "Wait! It is April Fool's Day! I will not be fooled by that dragon's father!"

starrmomof2
04-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Having just returned this morning from a Cub Scout camping weekend and getting little sleep, I was dropping my teeth reading the 'announcement'. I hadn't realized what today's date was, so was buying into the whole thing. Very relieved to find the April Fools response or I would have been passing on the 'news' to other Disney fans like myself. :blush:

Deesdisney
04-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I read this notice and right away was trying to figure out when I could go. Then my daughter got April fooled. So I am glad I went back to read it. That was a really good one. :blush:

Jeff G
04-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Good one!:thumbsup:

mttafire
04-01-2007, 11:05 PM
:popcorn:

Camping Mom
04-01-2007, 11:27 PM
OH MY GOODNESS...THAT WAS INSPIRED!! I read the park was closing and reached to pick up the phone to call my DH who is out of town. Then I thought..wait a minute...is this an April Fools thing??? Whew... not that AK is my favorite or anything, but I would hate to see failure at WDW. Great job again!!

Dsnygirl
04-02-2007, 12:06 AM
-Associated Press
AP Writer Joe K. Ster
April 1, 2007

:whew: !!! I went into immediate panic mode when I first saw the post - AK is my favorite park - then remembered the date - but it was so well written, you just about had me wondering!! Great job!! :notworth:

Sylvia
04-02-2007, 12:24 AM
You really got me. My jaw dropped when I read this. Then I started to :sob:.

I immediately went into planning mode.:write:

And then I remembered the date.:funny: :rotfl:

:goofy:

FLGator86
04-02-2007, 02:14 AM
You got me! I thought it was serious until I scrolled down! Lol.

Wolf
04-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Yall got me! I was drop jawed and already wondering how I could break it to mom (AK is her fav) Good one guys! ...Gah I hate April fools day...

bucky at disney
04-02-2007, 09:59 AM
:funny: :rotfl:
You almost had me going with the subject line - until I could see the day it was posted...good one!

GrumpyFan
04-02-2007, 11:47 AM
So, I'm a day late seeing this because I was watching the Travel Channel's Disney marathon yesterday. Good one though.

It might have been a little more believable if you had used Disney's California Adventure though.

magicman
04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
:high5: Nice one.

future_imagineer
04-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Very Nice. At first I thought it was just another pointless rumor (like the one that Disney has purchased tracts of land in Arlington, Austin, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Houston, and Beaumont, Texas to build another theme park resort), but then I actually read the article.

GINNY69
04-03-2007, 07:41 PM
ok I am a few days late on this post.. I fell for the April fools joke.. I was devasted thinking that Disney would close the Animal Kingdom.. That is my favorite park.. Ok I been fooled.. I feel like an idiot but you know what My park is not closing.. :thumbsup:

jedigrrrl
04-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Have any of you fooled ever been to AK?!?!? It's always PACKED! It was obviously fake from the title alone, LOL:mickey:

kaliepooh
04-04-2007, 09:11 AM
You guys are good. I was goooonnnneeeee for a looooonnnnnggggg Time! I'm truly happy it was a prank! Happy April everyone!

Figment!
04-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Hope everyone had a good laugh, but as it is now Mid-Day on April 4th, the 2007 Fooling Season has come to a close. :)