PDA

View Full Version : Disney official sites problem

jmmc
04-01-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure this is the best place to ask this question, but I was just curious. On WDW's official site, does anyone have trouble getting some aspects of the hotel sites to open? On each of the hotel's pages, I get a big blank space on the page, unless I choose the "low bandwidth site" which then lets me see a hotel photo in that space. Also, on their earlier page that just lists the hotels, I can't get the "Virtual tour" to work, and the "Map" link pop-up pages don't load anything.

I'm finding it all very strange, since I have everything they say I need, along with the very latest version of Internet Explorer. I even tried it with different browsers. Plus, I know there's no pop-up blocker filtering it out, and I even dropped the security settings to a low level, temporarily. Oh, and I even tried it on 2 different PCs!

Anyone else having this problem? :confused:

FkeyportNJ
04-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Hello yes I have the same problem ever since they changed there web site. I have to book all my trips now by phone takes much more time to do now. It has been this way for a few months they never fixed this problem. They must have heavy call volume now because of this. The older web site was much better and easy to use with no problems. I hope they fix this.:mickey:

jmmc
04-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Interesting. I have to say, I'm surprised a big corporate site like that wouldn't keep on top of these things. I do remember the stuff working in the past for me, and these pages -- at least the hotel ones -- didn't seem all that different.

I'm actually booking a trip through someone else, and all I wanted to do was show someone the stuff on the site, since they've never been to the hotel we're staying at.

Oh well. What do expect from a multinational multi-million (billion?) dollar company with a vast empire of resorts...? ;)

vamaggie
04-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I had trouble on the My Vacation part where you can enter info about upcoming trips. None of the drop down boxes would work for me. Tried over many days and w/ 2 diff browsers (int exp & safari)I emailed the tech folks and never got any email back. I finally used another browser and it worked. Guess when you're that big it's hard ot make everything perfect all the time

WDW1985
04-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm not sure this is the best place to ask this question, but I was just curious. On WDW's official site, does anyone have trouble getting some aspects of the hotel sites to open? On each of the hotel's pages, I get a big blank space on the page, unless I choose the "low bandwidth site" which then lets me see a hotel photo in that space. Also, on their earlier page that just lists the hotels, I can't get the "Virtual tour" to work, and the "Map" link pop-up pages don't load anything.

I'm finding it all very strange, since I have everything they say I need, along with the very latest version of Internet Explorer. I even tried it with different browsers. Plus, I know there's no pop-up blocker filtering it out, and I even dropped the security settings to a low level, temporarily. Oh, and I even tried it on 2 different PCs!

Anyone else having this problem? :confused:

If you're using IE 7 than I bet that's the issue, since many websites don't seem to be ready and most if not all are still working out the bugs. Either uninstall IE7 and use 6 or try installing Mozilla's Firefox and see if it helps. I use IE6, Firefox and Safari and all 3 seem to work ok on their site.

I will add that I'm not fond of the new site. The old site seemed to flow and work better too. Maybe many others are expeiencing the same problem that you are facing?

Good luck.

:mickey:

ISLE39
04-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Today All Of The Wdw Park Hours Are Unavailable For Every Single Day Of Every Single Month Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

angedeaile
04-01-2007, 06:05 PM
A few months ago, when I wanted to get some vacation quotes off of their site and kept encountering problems, I decided to inform them of the issue.

Well their contact us page was acting funny too. I would write a letter, attempt to send it and it would give me a sending error.

Maybe they are unaware there are issues, since that page is also having problems. I don't know..but they need to get their act together. It is quite frustrating!

I don't even know what to do when it comes to that stuff, since I have tried their site on my mac, on a brand new PC with explorer and also on a pc with an updated version of firefox.