PDA

View Full Version : What to do on "extra" day in the world?

thejens
03-31-2007, 10:02 PM
I have meticulously planned out our 8 day stay in WDW. I have tried to plan 2 days in MK, 2 days in epcot, 2 days in MGM (because of star wars weekend and sw fan kids) and one day at AK. I also have some time one afternoon/evening in DTD. What should we do on our unplanned day? We have water park free this time, but that thought has never appealed to me. Our kids are ages 3, 7, 9, & 10 (all boys) adults include three moms and one young grandmother. My favorite park is MK and I also love AK. Maybe AK in a.m., pool in afternoon, and MK in pm? Is that too much? We are staying at Beach Club and have ADRs at Le Cellier that day. thanks for any thoughts! Only 56 days to go!

Beast_fanatic
03-31-2007, 11:21 PM
What if you just leave that day open (other than your ADR) and then decide that day?

bob6572
04-01-2007, 10:01 AM
From the BC you could walk to Fantasia Gardens for some mini-golf or walk over to Boardwalk to rent a Surrey bike for a ride around the lake. There is always the pool as well.

disneyfan1124
04-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Sometimes its good to have an unplanned day in case of weather or exhaustion! We always have one day toward the end of our trip that is our "open day" used to repeat favorites or for that make up day if weather didn't cooperate. You can't go horse-back riding in a thunder storm afterall!

Why not leave it open and play as you go? Maybe the kids will have a preference and want to repeat something.

thejens
04-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Leave a day unplanned?! Not sure my hyper-planning system could take it! :D Just kidding. I am kind of leaving it unplanned in an obsessive compulsive sort of way. I like to have several scenarios planned out so I don't miss/forget something. I have a week at a glance then a detailed daily itinerary for my group with "flexible options" planned in. I was just wondering about the water parks. I have never really liked them much at other parks (lines etc.) and feel like the Beach Club pool is amazing enough and easier to keep track of all the kids. However, I like to be armed with all the thoughts and opinions from the amazing intercottees! Believe it or not, once I am in the parks I do relax and go with the flow a bit. I just have lots of pre-trip anxiety/excitement!!!!