PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club:beverages and refillable Mugs?

thejens
03-31-2007, 09:51 PM
I am contemplating getting the refillable mug at Beach Club, but have questions. Is this a mug with a top on it that I could bring with me on the stroller through the parks? Is it appropriate for coffee? Can I get coffee somewhere to put in it? Is there a coffee maker in the room? Exactly where can I get beverages? I plan to get up and out early and would love to grab a coffee for me and juice for kids on the run, but would need covers/lids. Thanks for any info!

tinklvr
03-31-2007, 10:17 PM
The mugs are refillable for coffee tea and soda down in the marketplace I believe they have 2 sizes but the only place to fillup is at your resort.

Pirate Granny
04-01-2007, 12:27 AM
The two times were were at the YC they directed us down to the BC to get the refillable mugs...to my dismay...only the large size for soft drinks were available...no coffee size one's...however the large soda one's have a lid on them, but no way to close the hole like a coffee mug does...

Perhaps they were just out of them...:cloud9:

Have a GREAT Trip...I love that pool....and the walk to either EPCOT and MGM...:cloud9:

wendy*darling
04-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Both styles of the mugs are the same size (volume), and work equally well for hot or cold beverages. Not all resorts carry both styles. You will have to see what they have when you get there.

The "coffee" style is the kind with a tapered bottom that fits in cup holders in the car.
The "larger" mug does not have a tapered bottom, but does not tip as easily- great for kids.
Both have lids on them that you can drink through. Only the tapered ones have a sliding section to close off the hole.

You can fill up with coffee in the morning and head to the parks. They do not have juice or milk for the mugs- just soft drinks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Some have iced tea and lemonade. At least one resort (Pop) has Coke slushies. I am not sure what the BC.

The Marketplace at the Beach Club is where you will refill the mugs. It is attached to the gift shop.

We often bring a gallon zip lock bag to store the mug in after we are done. I just rinse it out and carry it in my backpack for the rest of the day. When we get back to the resort, I get it out and fill it up on the way back to the room.

If you drink a lot of coffee/soda, etc. these are definitely worth the money. And they make a great souvenir when you get back home.

metroliner
04-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Does the beach club have the "smaller" mugs or just the "large" ones? I really enjoy the "small" mugs myself. I find them handier for some reason.

Also, does the CR carry the "small" or "large"?
Anyone out there know?

DisneyDudet
04-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I used to see them refill them at Beaches and Cream, do they do that?

Maleficent's Dad
04-05-2007, 09:39 PM
A few things to consider:

In all my years of staying at the BC, I have never seen BC/YC mugs with the tapered bottoms. They have always had only the larger ones.
These mugs do have a top - but it's the type that has two 'permanent holes' which cannot be covered (one for drinking out of, the other for air flow).

You can purchase these mugs at B&C or the BC Marketplace. Refills are available at both locations as well as Hurricane Hanna's.

This information is accurate - or at least WAS accurate as of this past January.

January-2007
04-06-2007, 10:41 AM
You can purchase these mugs at B&C or the BC Marketplace. Refills are available at both locations as well as Hurricane Hanna's.

This information is accurate - or at least WAS accurate as of this past January.

Sweet, 3 places to get refills, huh? Are any of these 24 hours? I don't know much at all about the Beach Club except that we'll be there at the end of May... Hurricane Hanna's is at the pool, right? That'd be awesome, to get refills right at the pool. Quick question though, has anyone had any problems with the mug getting stolen while you're swimming? DH never wanted to bring our mugs to the pools at Pop Century because he thought some kid would just take it.

Maleficent's Dad
04-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Are any of these 24 hours?
Nope.

Hurricane Hanna's is at the pool, right? That'd be awesome, to get refills right at the pool. Quick question though, has anyone had any problems with the mug getting stolen while you're swimming?
Yes - HH is at the pool.
Never even gave it a thought that the mug would be stolen...

DisneyDudet
04-06-2007, 11:36 PM
If you were to eat at Beaches and Cream, could you use the mug as a your drink? (provided its as soft drink or something?)

caryrae
04-07-2007, 09:49 AM
You can fill up with coffee in the morning and head to the parks. They do not have juice or milk for the mugs- just soft drinks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Some have iced tea and lemonade. At least one resort (Pop) has Coke slushies. I am not sure what the BC.

They do have apple juice at the fountain machines with the soda. Unless they don't have apple juice at every resort. They did at POP anyway.