PDA

View Full Version : Stateroom/DVC questions

Tinkermom
03-31-2007, 03:04 PM
We are looking at doing our first cruise. I have so many questions swimming in my head right now! I went ahead and ordered the Passporter book on DCL. Hopefully that will help.:thumbsup:

We are DVC members and are looking at doing a part points part cash cruise (this is not set in stone though). There are 5 of us cruising - me, DH, DS 13, DS 11, DD 6. We are looking at a February 2008 cruise. My questions are...

Can we get a Cat 3 stateroom using points/cash or are these cash only?

How do I get the points chart for 2008 cruises? I am thinking that they are not available yet. If this is the case does anyone know when they usually come out?

How do I get pricing for the different staterooms? I was able to get the Cat 4 pricing on the DCL website but could not find a Cat 3 pricing.

Would it be best for me to call DCL or Member Services to get pricing? I want to compare the different staterooms with and without using points.

Thanks for ANY information!

I feel like I did back in 2000 when planning our very first WDW trip. :confused: That is when I found INTERCOT!:rocks:

GreenBeetle
03-31-2007, 07:53 PM
We're going on our first cruise in September - also as DVC members. You need to call Member Services for all questions and pricing information for the cruise. We were able to do Category 6 stateroom using points for my husband and myself, and cash for my son and daughter.

I've also read Birnbaum's Guide and The Passporter cover to cover - I'm a bit obsessive compulsive that way. :blush:

TammiMcMan
03-31-2007, 10:43 PM
You have to go through Disney directly or a travel agent to get pricing on a category 3 stateroom. I don't know about using points in that particular category, but I'd suggest you start with member services. I can only say that on a 3 night cruise, the difference between a category 4 and a category 3 was about $1500 for 5 people. For the 7 night, you are probably looking at about $3000 more.

Another consideration when you book a category 3 suite, is that it's a $500 non-refundable deposit per person. It may be worthwhile to check out lower priced connecting staterooms as well.