PDA

View Full Version : What do you do???

13tink13
03-31-2007, 03:01 PM
We will be arriving early to WDW :cloud9:
and although we have been there many times, it seems like we always do the same thing the first day.

So I was wondering what others do on their first day at WDW?
Theme park?
DTD?
Relax at their resort?

Hopefully I can get some great new ideas:number1: ....Thanks!

ibrowse17
03-31-2007, 03:23 PM
We go to the MK and watch Wishes, or eat dinner at Caly Grill or Narcoossee's and watch Wishes:thumbsup:

faline
03-31-2007, 04:07 PM
It varies and it depend upon what time we arrive. If we arrive early enough in the day, we usually head to a park. If we arrive late in the day, we usually have a nice dinner and relax.

Marker
03-31-2007, 05:08 PM
I'd have to say my answer could be any of those 3 options. All depends on who I'm there with, what dinner reservations I may have, which park has EMH that night, if we had to get up early that day and are tired, we may just hang out at the pool.

So I guess, we don't really have a "usually".

Christine
03-31-2007, 05:17 PM
We always, always, always go to MK on the first day and watch Wishes that night. It is the best Disney World vacation "kick-off" for us!

slt21
03-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Well, I rarely get there before afternoon, but I never hit a park the first day. I like to either go Resort hopping or just hang out at my own resort. I do DTD sometimes, but I typically go there on my last day instead.

For my next trip, we're staying at POR, and there's so much to do there we'll probably just have fun at our resort. Between biking, fishing, boating, and swimming, we'll probably have more than enough to do. If we get too bored, we'll probably head over to the Boardwalk, though.

disneyfan1124
03-31-2007, 05:44 PM
We usually arrive mid morning, check our carry on bags with Bell Services and either head to Downtown Disney to get the shopping out of the way, or to the pool bar for a refreshing start-your-vacation-off-right adult beverage (depending on time of arrival), or we head to Epcot. We are annual passholders so we're never worried about using up days in parks, we park hop during our entire stay!

DisneyMP3Maker
03-31-2007, 05:58 PM
We try to arrive as early as we can. Once we check in, we like to explore the entire resort. Then we go to Downtown Disney. It lets us relax for 1 day before we hop around the parks for the next 5 days or so.

Disneyfun
03-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Depending on how DW is feeling after the trip, we ussually just hang out, resort hop, and get something to eat. She terms it as the last bit of relaxation she get's when I take her to WDW - I like to do everything all day long! :blush:

DisneyDudet
03-31-2007, 06:40 PM
We usually try to get in before afternoon. We usually go to AK to get that park out of the way, as its never really that bad (at least when we plan it out, its not).

After that, we head to the hotel and check in, then do another park at night, depending on EMH and if we have something like MVMCP that night.

Lately, thats the way its been going.

RockChalkKimball
03-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Since I tend to be a "theme park commando", the night we arrive is about the only time we spend at the resort. We usually get something to eat, relax and get to bed early so we can get to the parks early the next day.

tinksmom02
03-31-2007, 10:12 PM
We like to explore our resort and relax on our first day. We'll head over to DTD for some dinner and LOTS of shopping (stupidly thinking that will curtail spending in the theme parks :blush: ). I don't know, I really enjoy DTD...to me, it's Disney without the madness. Although, WOD comes close.

Anyway, we like to start off nice and relaxing. Then the rest of the week is gogogo!

GrumpyFan
03-31-2007, 10:24 PM
We usually do MK or Epcot and a nice dinner then head back to the room to unpack and rest up for our first full day.

E-OR
04-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Flying from the Pacific NW we can take a red eye (never do) or an early AM flight getting in around 5 PM. When we get in we usually get something to eat at the food court and head to EPCOT to watch the fire works. Our first morning we usually sleep late, (Orlando is 3 hours ahead) it is really hard for us to get up. Our next trip is in September, can't waith.

Mousehead35
04-01-2007, 12:49 PM
We usually get to the resort, relax for a bit then head right to one of the parks:number1:

dtootsie42
04-01-2007, 02:21 PM
We usually take the red eye to Orlando so we usually get to our hotel by 9....we check in and then we are off to downtown disney....We always seem to start our visits at Downtown...we do shopping and then head over to Fultons for lunch. After that we head back to the resort and take a will deserved nap, actually hubby and I do that, while our 3 daughters relax at the pool. Since we stay at the Poly we normally do a meal either at Ohana's or Kona. To bed early in order to get up and going the next day.

droopy d.
04-01-2007, 03:20 PM
We generally start at Epcot so we can ride a few ride and have a great dinner at Coral Reef.

Mickey's Pal
04-01-2007, 06:54 PM
We like to check-in, check out our resort, unpack a few things so they don't wrinkle, change our shoes and head to the MK. :mickey:

We either head up Main Street to Tomorrowland- where we ride the TTA or we hop on the train and ride over to Toontown and ride Goofy's Rollercoaster.

Like other posters, we stay for Wishes! It's an awesome way to kick off our first day/night at WDW.

The following morning we like to do a character breakfast to get some "quality time" with the characters. Afterwards, we head to a non-EMH park for the day time. We visit the park with the evening EMH's that night.

BTW- I love to read what other folks do as their traditional first day at WDW. Fun post. :D

goofygirl67
04-01-2007, 07:52 PM
I mostly get in around noon, get my room and unpack. I then go to the grocery store for supplies. When I get everything put away I take the first park bus and go there, I'm not picky.

mousetrapper
04-02-2007, 12:43 PM
We're pretty predictable...

Every time we go to WDW, we fly in as early as possible, check in at our resort (this year: POLY!! :woohoo: :lei: ), then high-tail it to MK!

We ALWAYS ride IASW first to set the tone, then do as much of MK as we can that day before heading over to Chef Mickey's for dinner! We try to time dinner for the fireworks but that hasn't worked out the last few years, so we catch them another night.

King Triton
04-02-2007, 01:01 PM
We usually arrive late morning, which means we got up *really* early to get to the airport. I find that travel days are tough to begin with, so we tend to not really push it.

Generally, we'll drive over to Downtown Disney Marketplace, walk around a bit, take care of anything we might need Guest Services for (activating an AP, etc.) and have lunch (usually Rainforest). Then we'll drive to our resort and attempt to check in. Once we unpack a little, one of us will usually stay behind and take the kids to the pool, while the other takes a trip to a grocery store and picks up a few drinks and snacks as well as water bottles for the parks. Late in the afternoon, we'll go to a "non-park" supper/dinner (like Trail's End, House of Blues or maybe Chevy's over at Crossroads Plaza).

If we feel pretty rested and ticket days aren't an issue (they usually aren't), we might go over to a nighttime show (generally Fantasmic)... If we're pretty tired, we might just hit the resort pool again and call it a night at a reasonable time so we're in good shape to really get things going the next day.