PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on CS

kathiep
03-31-2007, 02:50 PM
We have just booked for CS in September. It will be my husband & I and 2 kids, 4 and 2 1/2.

I'm looking for lots of feedback on CS.

I'm concerned that with the conventions it might be be as kid friendly as other resorts. What experiences has anyone had with this?

Any suggestions on locations to request? We'll probably be most interested in a room somewhat close to the main pool and food court but not so close that it gets noisy.

All of your thoughts are welcome.

mecarroll
03-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi there! My DW and I went to CS last December for our Honeymoon and we loved it. We do not have children so I can't really speak to it being kid friendly or not.

First, we loved the resort! We stayed in the Cabanas and I would recommend requesting 8A or 8B. It is just a short walk to the main pool/snack bar. It took maybe 3-5 minutes to walk. Plus, it had a WONDERFUL view of the lake. Across from the lake was the main building and we could also see Expedition Everest. The sunset behind EE was wonderful.

The rooms there were very nice and we liked them. The only draw back to CS is that it only has one sink in the bathrooms. To my knowledge all the other mods have two sinks. My wife thought this was a rather big deal, I didn't. The decor was also nice and done in a southwestern theme. The room was always clean. The furnishings seemed somewhat aged but by no means beat-up or worn. Another plus was the A/C was not under the window. It was like a typical home A/C unit with its own thermostat.

As for the resort in general, I don't recall seeing many convention folks. That may be because they get up, went to their sessions, and then back to their room or park. The convention area is almost totally separate from the accommodations so that may have been part of the reason for us not seeing them. CS is a HUGE resort and walking from one part to another can be a long haul. They have a dedicated internal shuttle system that you can use or you can just drive your car, if you drive down/rent one. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. I also believe there is a dedicated bus service for CS, but I could be wrong on that one. We rented a car and never used the bus service.

I would recommend trying the Pepper Market Grille. My DW and I loved it. If you are on the DDP, it is a counter service but you get a ton of food. We always carried our refillable mugs, got a free refill, and took the drink with us back to the room. You can check the menu for the Pepper Market out on the Info Central site. I say try it, at least once!!!

That’s about all I can think of. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post a response question. There are lots of folks who have stayed there before and I’m sure they will be posting responses as well.

disneyfan1124
03-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I have stayed at CS many times as I've been there for conventions and then extended my stay.

The main pool is on the oposite side of the resort from the dining. There are quiet pools located throughout the resort.

Convention Center is located at far end of main building, as previously mentioned. You'll likely only see those guests as you walk the grounds. Most conventions keep the folks pretty busy anyway.

Kids will be fine. There is plenty to amuse them and they won't feel like they are not welcome. We don't have kids, but we have family with kids who have been to CS and they loved it.

I agree with suggestion to try Pepper Mkt, even the kids will love it because of the choices of foods they have.

Enjoy the trip, you'll love the resort!

DisneyGRL7
03-31-2007, 07:51 PM
I stayed there on one of my first trips, and we had several kids in our party, some of whom were about the ages of your children, and they loved it! You should have a great time.

Crow
04-01-2007, 10:35 AM
ive stayed solo once and am again in May.
didnt notice conventions too much. the pool is nice and theres a lake
didnt eat much there, but the stromboli seemed ok.
buses were good
any specifics i will check out if you want on my May trip.

Meghan
04-01-2007, 12:23 PM
I think you'll be fine at CS. When I stayed there I saw very little convention stuff. Just a few sandwich board signs in front of the ballrooms. That was it.

The pool area is very kid friendly! There is a huge pyramid in the middle, a waterslide, sand play area, etc.

The Pepper Market food court is also very good. The systems a little bit different than the other resorts, but thats not a bad thing. The breakfast skillets in the morning are really good, and there was a lot of variety in the choice of items at all 3 meals.