PDA

View Full Version : The must do's....give me advice

Val4029
03-31-2007, 02:37 PM
I need some idea's of the must do's in all three of the theme parks.including the rides and the shows.

Val

dumbo ears
03-31-2007, 02:42 PM
there are actually 4 theme parks and 2 water parks but anyway. there are too many things to see and ideas to say so I would recommend just looking at the walt disney world website at the attraction and shows videos and pictures for the best dos and don't. sorry I couldn't be very helpful.

sassafras
03-31-2007, 03:09 PM
just a suggestion--Festival of the Lion King show at the Animal Kingdom and Soarin' (the ride) at the Land in Epcot. Hope this helps!

cubbie
03-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Don't miss the Disney Mountain Range (Space, Splash, Big Thunder, and Everest). They are amazing thrill rides, and might even be tame enough for most to at least try.

pook@wdw
03-31-2007, 03:39 PM
:twocents: OK! Let's see! The following are our family's must-do!
MK...All 3 mountains, POTC, Peter Pan, HM, CBJ, and ice cream @ the Plaza!:cloud9:

EPCOT...Soarin, TT, MS, SE, and an evening stroll around WS.:yay:

Disney Studios...TOT, RRC, Star Tours, Muppet 3-D (look for the key under the mat),
One Mans Dream.:yes:

AK...EE (multiple times), TTBAB, Dinosaur, Primevil Whirl, Khali RR, and Fest of the Lion King.:simba:

Of course, there are more that we do, but these are the Big Dogs!:dog:

Sharon1026
03-31-2007, 05:12 PM
I need some idea's of the must do's in all three of the theme parks.including the rides and the shows.

Val

Wow... that's a loaded request. That's like asking what's better - a Beemer or a Mercedes, a Fender or a Gibson, Beatles or the Stones...

All I have to say is if it has a Fast Pass, it's one of the most popular, hence best liked rides.

:stitch2:

JoAnnPan
04-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Not sure if you will be there w/children?

My list of things not to miss (so many but I will list my absolute favorites):

MK - Mickey's Philarmagic; if you like the Disney movies/songs you will love this! Pirates of the Caribbean; especially now that they have updated it with Cpt Jack Sparrow :thumbsup:
Haunted Mansion

MGM - Great Movie Ride & The Brown Derby for lunch or dinner.
Epcot - Soarin & Test Track

Going to AK for the first time this year; so I do not have any advice on this park
Like I said; these are my personal favorites; there are sooooo many other attractions, shows to see that are great also. Depends what appeals to you. Have a great time!

DNS
04-01-2007, 01:44 PM
I agree with Sharon 1026. It's all a matter of taste and as a rule if it has a fast pass, it's popular. I feel that all of it is worth trying at least once, most of it is worth doing over and over again. The best plan I could suggest is knowing what is there and having a "most wanted" list. Check out the Disney World web site, info central here on Intercot and there are lots of travel books.

Donald A
04-01-2007, 05:04 PM
This question is almost too difficult to answer. I would just go and do everything that looks fun. You will not be able to do everything on one trip anyway. For instance, I have been to the parks for 12 days over the past 4 years and have not done Expedition Everest or Soarin' which are the two most on here would agree are "must dos." It would probably be more worthwhile to ask what attractions are NOT worth doing. The answer to that is most everything is worth seeing at least once.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-01-2007, 08:35 PM
MK-Wishes and Spectromagic
MGM-Fantasmic
Epcot-Illuminations

Mickey's Pal
04-01-2007, 10:24 PM
So glad to share! Thank you for asking! ;)

See all of the parades and night-time shows (Wishes, Fantasmic!, Spectromagic Parade) for sure.

Rides:
MK: Everything is great there!!! Classic favorites- Tomorrow Transit Authority, Dumbo, Pirates, Jungle Cruise

Epcot: Don't miss Turtle Talk with Crush (it's digital, interactive and very COOL)! Also, the new Nemo ride, Test Track and one version of Mission Space (first or altered)

MGM: Lights! Motor! Action! Stunt Show, Indiana Jones, Rock-n-Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Walt Disney (walk through, but so good), Beauty & the Beast Show

Animal Kingdom: Safari Ride (go early when the animals are out), Lion King (show), Tough to be a Bug (show), Expedition Everest

HAVE FUN!!! Tell us all you enjoyed when you get back! :mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
04-02-2007, 11:16 AM
well, the best thing to do is what you're doing right now! Do some looking around and see what peaks your interest. This will give you a rough idea what you want to do. I won't suggest anything because I don't want to leave anything out or suggest you miss something you might enjoy. The rule of thumb should be, if you're on the fence about a ride/attraction, do it! Better to ride something than to go home wishing you had!

One thing I will STRONGLY recommend :
Schedule 1 "free" day where you have no plans, and don't overplan in general. Nothing ever goes to plan at WDW, but that's part of the fun! Leaving that one day free will be great if you miss something or find something great you didn't know was there. Read intercot a whole bunch and have a great trip!

battle beast
04-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Everyone is going to be telling you their favorite things to do, but I'm not. I am going to suggest you try EVERYTHING.

The whole place is magical, and EVERY ride has something different to offer.

In each of the four parks, there are differet unique rides. Try them all, depending on time, of course, and you won't be dissapointed!

I promise!

asrai555
04-02-2007, 12:15 PM
I think wether or not you are traveling with kids and your tolerance for roller coasters is a factor.

That said - I reallyenjoy all the dark rides at MK, including Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White, & Pooh. I could give or take POTC, but I do love Small World. Philharmagic is really wonderful and a great way to cool down from the hot Florida sun. The Haunted Mansion is such a classic you should really find the time to check it out.

I really, in my heart of hearts, do not think anyone should miss the Jammin Jungle parade at AK. I think it is so fun! Festival of the Lion King is also really cool.

Disney Doll
04-02-2007, 03:40 PM
My trips are not complete without the following:

MK-
afternoon and evening parades
the nighttime show, Wishes
Peter Pan's Flight
Small World
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mt.
Big Thunder Mt.
Pirates of Caribbean
Space Mt.

Epcot-
nighttime show, Illuminations
Spaceship Earth
Mission Space
Test Track
Soarin'
Must also wander around WS sampling food and shopping

MGM-
Beauty and the Beast (Broadway style show), Voyage of Little Mermaid (stage show),
One Man's Dream (museum)
nightime show, Fantasmic
Rockin Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Star Tours
Muppet Vision 3-D

Animal Kingdom-
Festival of Lion King (show)
Finding Nemo Musical
Everest
Kilimanjaro Safari
It's Tough to be a Bug

Kristi Kay
04-02-2007, 04:31 PM
I think it's pretty much all been covered...but other things that are a must....

1. If you have children, or your kids at heart...run through the water fountain at DTD Marketplace...

2. Get a Dole Whip at the Magic Kingdom in Adventureland.

3. Consider a Poly Dinner show

4. Take Advantage of PhotoPass....

Caroleh
04-02-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm going to agree with battle beast. I'm not going to recommand anything, because everyone has their own taste. Just remember whatever you plan, be willing to change. I had 4 days in the parks and planned a park a day. I missed a lot, because we were exhausted. We went back to our resort in the afternoon for a break and back to the park at night. I didn't want to do it's a small world and got out voted...I'm glad I did it because I really did enjoy it. I also didn't want to do RnRC or TOT because I hate drops, but loved it..I did it because my DD wanted to do it..now I can't wait to do it again.

Find guide books to learn about the rides, shows, etc... or go to disney.com. You need to go by what you enjoy, because everyone's taste is different.

future_imagineer
04-02-2007, 05:43 PM
In My Humble Opinion...

Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Mickey's Philharmagic
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin
Wishes

Epcot
Mission: SPACE
Test Track
Spaceship Earth
Soarin'
Maelstrom
The American Adventure
Touring around World Showcase at your leasure
Illuminations (if you can only do one fireworks show, do this one)

The Disney-MGM Studios
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rockin' Rollercoaster Staring Aerosmith
Star Tours
Indiana Jone Stunt Spectacular
The Great Movie Ride
The Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour
Fantasmic

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro Safaris (once)
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo: The Musical

There is much more to do... I could add a lot with World Showcase and Fantasyland, but this is a basic list.

irish1967
04-02-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm with the crew that isn't going to recommend anything...but go to your local library and check out a few WDW travel guides - and start reading the descriptions of each attraction. Make a list of the ones that pique your interest and go from there. The WDW website has really good descriptions as well.

P.S. My favorites are: POTC and Haunted Mansion...