PDA

View Full Version : 1st timer at FW

Roobear
03-31-2007, 02:25 PM
Hey everyone..first off I have to say I love this site! We are planning our 2nd trip to WDW (first in 2001)..last time we stayed at CS, this time we are planning to tent camp at FW.

I have 2 question..first, are there fire pits at all camp sites, or is there only a central bonfire area?

Second, is it reasonable to plan to leave our valuables (laptop, etc) locked in the trunk of our car at the site while we're off in the parks? Our car has a security system, and we wouldn't advertise what was inside...what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!:mickey:

ibrowse17
03-31-2007, 02:50 PM
First off, :welcome: You will really enjoy staying at FW. Every site has a standing grill that you can build a fire. :camp: That is the only place in the site you can burn. There is a place that they have the evening campfire and sing along, and that is near the Meadows Trading Post. As far as security, locking things in your car will be fine. I have never had a problem at FW in terms of secuirty. Have a great trip.:thumbsup:

faline
03-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

When we tent camped at Disney, we locked our valuables in our vehicle.

mickey98
03-31-2007, 10:12 PM
The main fire pit is at the campfire area. The barbacue grills at each campsite are for cooking and they do not allow making a campfire in them, on our last trip a camper across from us made a huge fire in their grille, they received a visit from security and was told to extinguish it.... Disney has a very strict policy on open fires.. They do not even allow tiki torches at the campsites..

Roobear
03-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks so much for your responses...not really interested in building a roaring blaze...more interested in cooking hot dogs!

Looking forward to our trip..now we just have to finalize the details and get packing! See you at the mouse house!

mickey98
04-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Enjoy your trip.. you will be able to cook plenty of hot dogs in the grille... :thumbsup: