PDA

View Full Version : Any recomendations re:POFQ?

cajunbaby1
03-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Traveling with a 7 & 14 yr old. Any suggestions on buildings, rooms, etc as far as where to stay??
July 1st can not come soon enough for me.
Let's all do the happy vacation dance!!!:cheer: :pixie:

ibrowse17
03-31-2007, 02:21 PM
:welcome: I would look at buildings 2 and 5. They are closest to the pool. And Welcome to Intercot!!

magicgal
03-31-2007, 03:58 PM
We stayed in bdlg.5, thrid floor, in a corner room, and with a view of a beautiful courtyard. We were sooooo close to everything. It also also very quiet. We loved this resort!

watch4pixiedust
03-31-2007, 03:58 PM
We stayed in bldg 4 facing Rue-Da-Bega street, and loved it. The view is so peaceful, it's nice and shady during the hottest part of the day, and it's convenient to everything.
Really, though, at POFQ, it's all good!

Welcome to Intercot!! Have great trip!

CanadianWDWFan
03-31-2007, 04:09 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

We stayed in Building #5 ground floor on Cake Walk (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brianv4/detail?.dir=6ba3&.dnm=d438re2.jpg&.src=ph) facing the Court Yard. This Photo (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brianv4/detail?.dir=6ba3&.dnm=b29are2.jpg&.src=ph) shows the view down Rue D'Baga looking towards Building #6 and 7. The food court is on the left behind me and the pool is to my right.

Building #5 has everything. Close to the pool, food court, buses and the boat to DTD. For us it is the PERFECT spot. We have a request in for Building #5 for our trip in 20 days!

There are some more POFQ pictures on my home page, in the DisneyWold 2005 (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brianv4/album?.dir=6ba3&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos) album.

Boojum
04-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Agree with other posters that requesting rooms in buildings 2 or 5 is a good idea. But, the resort is a small one, and you don't have to hike your legs off to get to the pool or laundry or food court.

We love the pool there--I especially love that the laundry is right next to the pool area. I supervise my swimming kids while taking care of our laundry.

Be sure to take a boat trip to Downtown Disney.

Also, try some beignets at the food court!

CanadianWDWFan
04-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Also, try some beignets at the food court!
How could I have forgotten about these?!?!? :tasty:

Thanks for the reminder! :thumbsup:

conwayjohn71
04-01-2007, 04:40 PM
which buildings have a water view?

CleveRocks
04-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Here is a link to a resort map:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/portorleans.jpg

Nothing is far from anything at POFQ. It is very pleasantly compact.

Look at the map. Look at the very far corner of Bulding 1, by the river. Now look at the food court. I timed that walk -- 3 minutes 20 seconds. The farthest walk in the resort is 3 minutes 20 seconds. To give you a sense of proportion, my preferred location (closest to the food court) room at CBR was a 5 minute walk to the food court. At POFQ, the FARTHEST walk is 3 minutes 20 seconds.

No such thing as an inconvenient room. Honestly. This is the one resort where I'm convinced that room location requests should make absolutely no difference. Before I went, I too was concerned about getting a room in a convenient location.

On my reservation was the request "close to food court and transportation." I didn't get that request. I got a room at the far end of Building 2. I was all bummed that I got stuck in a bad location, but it was 11:00 p.m. and I figured it was all that was left. WELL, as it turns out, it was a great location -- a 2 minute walk to the food court. 2 MINUTES, FROM A FAR-OFF ROOM! And all of about 45 seconds to the pool, and that included taking the stairs or elevator from the 3rd floor!

Like I said, no such thing as a bad room location at POFQ.:thumbsup:

Milan23
04-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Like I said, no such thing as a bad room location at POFQ.:thumbsup:

We are staying at POFQ in October, and that is good to know! Can you tell me where the parking lot is in relation to that map (and forgive me if it is right in front of my face, I'm not the map reader of my family). DH doesn't mind walking within the resort but for it bugs him to have a long walk from the car back to the room in the evenings.

conwayjohn71
04-01-2007, 10:15 PM
why would you drive your car to the park if you are staying on site

use the buses:mickey:

garymacd
04-02-2007, 10:23 AM
How could I have forgotten about these?!?!? :tasty:

Thanks for the reminder! :thumbsup:

You forgot beignets?:cloud9:
You heathen!:thumbsup:

garymacd
04-02-2007, 10:35 AM
We are staying at POFQ in October, and that is good to know! Can you tell me where the parking lot is in relation to that map (and forgive me if it is right in front of my face, I'm not the map reader of my family). DH doesn't mind walking within the resort but for it bugs him to have a long walk from the car back to the room in the evenings.

There is plenty of parking close to each building, and the walk would never be more than 100 metres. Parking is not shown on the map. It is on the bottom and right side of the map close to every building. The only building that is far from parking is building 5. The map is a little deceiving. It is not as far as it looks. By contrast, when we stayed at CBR, we felt like we walked for miles and needed to pack a lunch just to get from the car to our room...in the rain...uphill...both ways...in our grandfather's pyjama's!!!

But as another poster said, why drive to the parks and pay for parking when the bus picks you up and drops you off closer to the park gates and resort doors than your car ever could?

Besides, if one or two of you need a time-out, the rest can always stay at the park and those needing it can return for a swim or nap. We did this quite a few times.

CleveRocks
04-02-2007, 11:25 AM
I personally don't understand it and would never do it, but a lot of people prefer to drive rather than take advantage of Disney Transport.

For WDW resort guests, there is no parking fee at the parks.

Milan23
04-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the info. As for the car, we have to rent it for the first/nonWDW part of our trip. I have a feeling once DH sees how reliable (and easy) Disney Transportation is, the car will be sitting in the parking lot.

mdricks
04-02-2007, 02:24 PM
This is our favorite resort for two reasons.

In the value/moderate league this has the best transportation.

The resort doesn't have a "bad" location. We stayed the furthest away from the action you can get (bld 7) and still felt right in the middle of the action.

Whatever you choose this is one great resort. Beignets, mmmmmm

:number1:

moe513
04-02-2007, 08:20 PM
We stayed in building five. It was great but the resort is so small that everything is very close. A great place with a great pool for little ones.