PDA

View Full Version : Non Expiring Ticket Question

onjbj
03-31-2007, 12:08 PM
I would like the opinion of some Intercot Experts! I am planning a trip for Sept for myself, husb, and twins (2yrs old). We'll only be there long enough to use the parks for 4 days. I'm def getting Park Hoppers, but am also considering getting 10 day non exp. tickets- please critique my logic!

While it will add ( a lot) to the price now, I figure it will be less painful in yrs to come when we have to pay for kids tickets if we already have our tix paid for

The non-exp tix will protect me from ticket price increases

I think (??) it makes sense to buy the 6 extra days now then to start all over with brand new tickets next time we go- which most likely won't be for a few yrs

Is this a silly idea? Will it really save me money in the long run? Should I just buy what I need now?

Sometimes, I get a little Disney crazy and need to be brought back down to earth! Thanks for your input!

Beast_fanatic
03-31-2007, 01:11 PM
If you have the money now and you will definitely be making future trips and you will be able to keep up with those passes for those future trips, then I think it makes perfect sense to make the investment. As you stated, it will lessen the burden down the line when you have to purchase the kids' passes.

merlinmagic4
03-31-2007, 01:25 PM
I think it's a fantastic idea! I bought 10 day passes with five water park/more options in 2005. The first trip we used 3 park and 2 options (typhoon lagoon and disney quest). This trip we will use 3 or 4 park and 2 options. For our third trip we will still have 3-4 park and one option. So they will last us through our 2009 trip. I imagine prices will have gone up a lot by then! The tickets are already a lot more expensive than when we bought them. I intend to purchase more tickets as soon as I can for trips even further in the future :thumbsup: I say go for it if you have the money now!

faline
03-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me! We bought 10-day no-expiration park hoppers a couple of years ago. We used 5 days on our initial trip and used up 2 more days on a quick weekend trip last year. We stil have 3 days "saved" on those passes. In the interim, we've purchased annual passes so won't use our "saved" days until after the annual passes expire.

TikiGoddess
04-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Since our trips are usually 2-3 days in length, the 10 day non-expiring tickets work well for us. One piece of advice, make a copy of the back of the tickets and put it in a safe place. If you lose the tickets you can show the copy to Guest Relations and have them replaced.

TikiG

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-01-2007, 09:20 PM
That makes perfect sense to me! It's what I did last time, so now I have days left over for my upcoming trip in Aug.

DizneyRox
04-01-2007, 10:42 PM
I always suggest people buy their tickets as early as possible. You really never know when a future trip may strike, and I've found that more often than not, it's those pesky tickets that are the deal breaker most of the time.

I would say that outside of on-site accomodations, tickets are probably the most expensive item for a Disney trip. We have all sorts of left over tickets lying around, many are used for quick weekend trips to get away from life.

caryrae
04-02-2007, 11:27 AM
If ya look at the per day price you will save a lot. An adult 10 day no expire with hopping is only $41 a day but a 4 day with 14 day expire and with hopping is $62 a day. The 10 day ticket in the Intercot shop is $414 thats a $29.04 savings then the gate price of $443.04. Just think of the money you won't need to save up for with future trips cause you'll have you tickets already.

scootch713
04-03-2007, 08:50 AM
I am about to do this for the second time. Last time around a 5 day park hopper for one adult, two kids was going to be $600, a 10 day no exp was only $918...so it was like only paying 318 the next time. Prices have gone up so much since then, so going to buy them again. We usually use up 5 days per trip anyhow, so works perfectly.

DisneyLuvRSince76
04-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Okay, I have another question regarding this topic...

DH & I have 2 days left on our Park-Hoppers (not length of stay passes) from 2002 as well as 2 or 3 options. Do the options expire? I don't think that we used any of them.

Thanks -

Kara

faline
04-03-2007, 10:31 AM
You can still use your tickets and your options.

onjbj
04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks so much everyone for your input. It seemed like a good idea to me, but I wanted to be sure my judgement wasn't being clouded by Disney Dust! Made my ADR's- can't wait for Sept!! (and hopefully free DDP)

Karin

2x can't remember years!!
CBR July 2006
POR Sept 2007