PDA

View Full Version : Infant Tickets and Fastpass??

jaredkari
03-31-2007, 11:40 AM
My wife and I and my inlaws are all going to MK for one day in May. Our two nieces 5 and 3 are going too which we are very excited about. We have never gone with an infant before so we had a few questions maybe you all could help us with.

Since our one niece is 3 she will not be charged for admission. Will she still receive a ticket? If she does receive a ticket will it be able to be used for FP?? If she doesn't receive a ticket will she still be able to go on attractions with the rest of the family when using FP?? For example, if all of us get a FP for Peter Pan will she be able to ride along with all of us when we go? :mickey:

kadesha
03-31-2007, 11:48 AM
i thought children UNDER 3 were not charged for admission.

Either way, if they are not charged for admission, they do not get a ticket. They do not need fastpasses, they just board the ride when you do.

mttafire
03-31-2007, 12:05 PM
I always thought it was 3 or under that gets in free...Meaning if your 3 and 11 months..You still get in free.:confused: However, NO you do not need a fastpass ticket(for your child) if your child gets in free.

onjbj
03-31-2007, 12:12 PM
As far as I know 3 yr olds do get charged for admission to the parks. The pricing category says children ages 3-9, so I think once you are 3 you are no longer free.

Karin

Christine
03-31-2007, 12:24 PM
3 year olds are charged admission. :mickey:

kadesha
03-31-2007, 12:29 PM
yes, 3 year olds are definetly charged. i remember making my reservations last year, it was a few days before DD's 3rd birthday. They told me as long as it was before the 3rd birthday,even a few days, it was free. So 3 year olds are charged.

jaredkari
03-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Sorry to cause any controversy. Our niece will turn 3 in July. We go in May so she will still be free. I was more curious about if she gets a ticket or not and how FP works with an infant.

BrerGnat
03-31-2007, 01:17 PM
You can go to the guest services on Main Street and request a "ticket" for the littlest one for the purpose of obtaining FP. You WILL need a FP for her if she will be riding a ride that the rest of you are using FP for.

Speedy1998
03-31-2007, 01:25 PM
I have always found that in the case of the little ones the CMs do not require a Fastpass. In most cases the Fastpass attractions that the little ones can go on are shows anyway.

kadesha
03-31-2007, 01:40 PM
You can go to the guest services on Main Street and request a "ticket" for the littlest one for the purpose of obtaining FP. You WILL need a FP for her if she will be riding a ride that the rest of you are using FP for.

I never have. DH and I both get fastpasses and our kids (when under 3) just got on when we did. The CM at PhilharMagic told us that FPs are not needed for children under 3.

walstib
03-31-2007, 02:04 PM
... she will still be free. I was more curious about if she gets a ticket or not and how FP works with an infant.

No, she won't need a ticket to ride any Fast Pass rides as long as the rest of you have Fastpasses. For any ride that the 3 yr old can't ride because of height requirements, you can still get Fastpasses, and then do the Babyswap. That way the 5 yr old will be able to ride with both adult riders after the switch for the little one.

magicofdisney
03-31-2007, 02:42 PM
The only ones that MUST have a FP are those that MUST have a park ticket. Plain and simple. Of course all height restrictions must be met.

Flower
04-02-2007, 08:25 AM
DS was 2 for our trip in February, and the baby was 2 months old.

DH & I would get our fastpasses and we were never asked for fastpasses for the kids.

No, you will not need a FP or ticket for the toddler.

MindyMouse
04-02-2007, 02:04 PM
When we were there with our son, 2 yrs, he never needed a FastPass as long as we has ours. He just boarded with us.