PDA

View Full Version : How long are the queues?

Bruegge
03-31-2007, 11:16 AM
For major rides.... Peter pan, space and splash mountain, EE, RnR, Soarin, Test track??

Last week of May, mid morning .. early evening time frames

I understand the need for fast pass but what's a long... short .... dare I say "normal" wait time.. help me decided what to do

Thanks

Scott

TinkRocks
03-31-2007, 11:53 AM
I would definitely recommend taking advantage of the Fastpass System for most of those attractions.

You may also want to head over to these attractions first thing in the morning. Example - head straight for Soarin', then go get a FastPass for TestTrack or Mission Space (they're next to each other) and then ride the other while waiting for FastPass time to arrive. You could do the same with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

'Normal' would depend on when you're visiting the parks. If you're going during typical school holidays, lines will tend to be a lot longer. Don't forget that school holidays throughout the country (and the rest of the world) tend to differ. Generally speaking - holidays (Christmas / Easter), Summers (June - August), and March Break (mid-Feb through to end of Easter break) tend to be busier.

dumbo ears
03-31-2007, 02:47 PM
well fastpass is the best way to travel and almost all the major rides can have wait from 30-150 minutes. somethimes it just depends on when you visit and also it depends on what time of the day is. there are many factors for why some rides will have queues.

pook@wdw
03-31-2007, 03:09 PM
I would consider "normal" wait time, for ME, as no more than 15-20 min. Anything longer, and we will get FP. Most times, the "wait time" shown is the longest estimated time. So there's a possiblity that you'll wait a little less. :mickey:

MargaretMessler
03-31-2007, 03:55 PM
For major rides.... Peter pan, space and splash mountain, EE, RnR, Soarin, Test track??

Last week of May, mid morning .. early evening time frames

I understand the need for fast pass but what's a long... short .... dare I say "normal" wait time.. help me decided what to do

Thanks

Scott

I have a terrible memory, but guessing from past trips...(and incidentally, this is when our trip is coming up, so now you've got me thinking)...

Make Soarin your first stop at EPCOT, if not to ride then to get a fastpass. Standby time pretty much starts out at 30 minutes unless you somehow figure out how to teleport from the park entrance. ;) I agree withe teh previous poster on MS/TT - fastpass one while riding the other. Personally, I don't care for MS though.

Moving on over to MK, Splash can be the same story as Soarin on a hot day, 30-45 minutes will be best case after late morning. As for Peter Pan, it's hit or miss. I've seen it with a 5 minute wait, and then blinked and saw that change to 45 in no time. Grab a fastpass if it's long and ride another Fantasyland attraction in the meantime. As for Space, I don't know if it's just me, but our past three trips, whenever we happen by it. it's no more than 20 minutes. But 30 is pretty much the norm. I don't bother with fastpass usually if it's 20 or less for anything.

RnRC will be anywhere around 25-30, can't say for EE as it's new this trip for me, but from what I hear it should be your first destination at AK. I like what one poster mentioned somewhere about grabbing a fastpass and then getting into the standby line to ride two times in a row. :number1:

SandmanGStefani24
04-02-2007, 10:26 AM
well maybe it's just my luck, but I have never seen wait times that short. Here were the wait times for my last trip.

Splash/Space Mtn-60 minutes
Rn'R-45 Minutes
Soarin'-180 Minutes

Test Track-(broken down)EE-(not built yet)Peter Pan-(we didn't ride)

I think these times are more realistic of what you can expect during summer months. Fastpass is your buddy!

dolphinmickey9170
04-02-2007, 10:40 AM
I agree with past posters........Get yourself a FP for one ride and go ride another one. Just check the bottom of your FP and you may be able to get a second FP if the time says so on the bottom. If the wait is extremely long and the FP can't be used for a long time, you sometimes get the chance to get another FP. Like I said, just read the bottom. If you are fortunate enought to have someone with you that doesn't ride thrillrides, have them go get your FP for you while you wait in line. This way you can get both experiences.

battle beast
04-02-2007, 12:25 PM
I never did see long wait times, except on Space Mountaina nd Splash Mountain.

It seemed like everyone was in Tomorrowland, and the rest of the park was dead. It just could be me.

Speedy1998
04-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Just a note, the ride waits in the evening are horrible, and the fastpass will be gone around lunch time during the summer months, and earlier for rides like Soarin'.

LudwigVonDrake
04-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Peter Pan's line tends to be VERY long because it is such a slow loading ride. Fastpass PP and Soarin' definitely because the line for Soarin' is another line that is usually incredibly looooong :mickey:

indytraveler
04-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Just a note, the ride waits in the evening are horrible, and the fastpass will be gone around lunch time during the summer months, and earlier for rides like Soarin'.

Peter Pan's line tends to be VERY long because it is such a slow loading ride. Fastpass PP and Soarin' definitely because the line for Soarin' is another line that is usually incredibly looooong :mickey:

If I read correctly you are going the last week of May. Memorial Day? We always go in July and are experienced with the FP's running out. Soarin' and SM come to mind. Get those by lunchtime or 2:00 at the latest. PP is always a FP ride for us. Get before lunch, go and eat and come back and ride. Or like other posters have said do the rest of Fantasyland. July times are always in the 75-90 min wait. SM 90+ and Soarin 90-120 min. Test Track is one we ride first b/c of breakdown issues.

Have fun.