PDA

View Full Version : Period gone from dictionary...

LittleDragonErin
03-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Great now they're taking punctuation away...

WDWfanatic742
03-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Wow :confused:

chrisb26
03-31-2007, 01:20 PM
wow I didn't ever realize you mean the actual period. I thought you meant the word. Dont know what is up with that guess the want us to use run-on's all the time now.

RenDuran
03-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Can we at least still use exclamation points?!

cEveArdenfan
03-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Oh no! It's was difficult enough to be grammatically correct on VMK! Now this! What's an English fanatic to do?:paranoid: I think it's because of how people put periods between words to make bigger ones.

chrisb26
03-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Yes you can still use exclamation points and commas and everything you could before except for periods. i don't fully understand this. I saw a picture where Phinny said it might have had to do with the dictionary dancing that was taking place however she wasn't entirely sure :confused: that's the hosts for you. However i dont know why you cant just space in between words or use commas to dance.

WDWfanatic742
03-31-2007, 03:13 PM
However, I don't think that I have ever seen anyone use periods as dictionary dancing. Simply because you can say first, second, and third which most people think as 1, 2 or 3. Then you can still say second second then second second as many times as you want to.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Huh?! This kinda gone too far. Taking out a period to stop dictionary dancing?

Besides, you can't filter out every bad thing out of VMK. There's always going to be people who want to curse and say bad things anyway. >_<

varcity
03-31-2007, 08:28 PM
... wow. whats next? eventually all we can do is wave and emote. But then waving could be taken away too because of violence.... no hitting.

Some words are ok. But to stretch a period.... I just can't complain enough.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-01-2007, 12:14 AM
... wow. whats next? eventually all we can do is wave and emote. But then waving could be taken away too because of violence.... no hitting.

:funny: :rotfl: :haha: Sorry varcity, it was just so funny that I had to laugh :D

Chescat
04-02-2007, 01:41 AM
As noted by you Doll. At least I still have the periods in my description on my badge. Guess I'm not changing that. :blush:

RicksCafe
04-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Well, you can all blame me for the removal of the periods from the dictionary. I asked for them to be removed. I'm shocked --shocked!!-- to find that people are using these periods to create other words in what is comically called, "dictionary dancing." Comic, indeed. I, for one, respect VMK values.

Miscreants! Reprobates! (-sputters-) Dancers!!

Besides, I hardly ever use periods anyway. Most of my conversation runs along these lines:

"Boo.yaw!!"

"What the?"

"What are you up to?"

"and hi!!"

So, to all you dictionary dancers in the hizzouse: Deal with commas, sucka!

Ricks (who exclaims and questions)

LittleDragonErin
04-04-2007, 12:17 AM
As somebody who for the most part types with proper punctuation and all, I find this very annoying to type something and have to go back and remove all the periods since I'm already trained to automatically punctuate my sentences. -_-'

But what got really annoying was working more on my new quest. I've officially given up creating a new quest until VMK brings back the periods. It's bad enough to only be able to use punctuation twice, but when you lose the periods, I'm left with a ton of run on sentences in my quest. -_-'

chrisb26
04-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Good News everybody we can now use periods again! Now we can go back to using proper ways to ending our sentences.

Mr. Tom Morrow
04-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Yep the period is back:cool:
Thanks Chris:thumbsup:

HappyBoy
04-08-2007, 01:35 AM
Welcome back little dot!
Ye were missed

Chescat
04-08-2007, 05:22 AM
Welcome back little dot!
Ye were missed
HappyBoy, I knew you existed some place other than the Haunted Mansion Lobby or Attic. :D