PDA

View Full Version : No Jean Shorts!!

Holmessj
03-31-2007, 10:19 AM
We just got back from Orlando on the 20th. When I packed clothes for my 4 kids, I wouldn't allow my 3 boys to wear jean shorts. I made them wear the nylon basketball shorts. Best decision we made! A few of the rides at Disney and Universal you will get wet! Jeans shorts and jeans are awful to try to walk around in when they are wet. Basketball shorts, however, dry very quickly and aren't heavy or chafing when they get wet!:mickey:

Disneyfun
03-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Very wise advice! I did this once when I was a kid and thoroughly regreted it! From now on, I only wear canvas cargo pants or nylon pants or shorts based on the season! It is the only way to go!

Tigerlilly
03-31-2007, 11:16 AM
My 9 year old son by his own choice chooses to wear a bathing suit and matching T-shirt every day in the parks for just this reason. We are headed down in just under a month and he asked me the other day if we had enough suits for him to not wear shorts:)
Less laundry and packing space too!

kakn7294
03-31-2007, 11:42 AM
I still like my jean shorts and will continue to wear them. My girls like them too and DD7 would not be caught dead in nylon shorts - they're just not "girly". I just make sure that our jean shorts are not heavyweight denim (which is too hot anyway) and they dry like the cotton twill and canvas ones do.

tys_mommy
04-02-2007, 09:52 AM
My 9 year old son by his own choice chooses to wear a bathing suit and matching T-shirt every day in the parks for just this reason. We are headed down in just under a month and he asked me the other day if we had enough suits for him to not wear shorts:)
Less laundry and packing space too!

We do this too and it's great.

SandmanGStefani24
04-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Gotta agree with this one. I only wear jeans, pretty much all the time. However, if you plan on getting wet, you should re-think this one. They are miserable wet, and for the boys, they can be (ahem) painful for walking around in.

Leave the demin in the hotel room if you plan on getting drenched!

MMouse6937
04-02-2007, 02:00 PM
I couldn't agree more, although I'm a 34 yo woman so not sure basketball shorts are my thing. ;) I do know that I wore jean shorts on Kali RR a couple years ago and I swear those shorts were still wet when I packed them in my suitcase a week later. I was definately soggy. Thinking about making that ride our last one of the park or bringing a change of shorts for afterwards. We can have my mother hold everything this year since she's a chicken! :D

caryrae
04-02-2007, 02:37 PM
My favorite is cargo shorts. I love having all the extra pockets to hold whatever I need. I loved the 2 big pockets on the front to hold mine and my wifes ponchos. They were not jean material, they were a nice thinner material, dried fast and cooler than jean shorts.