PDA

View Full Version : sweet tea

kadesha
03-30-2007, 07:50 PM
I have a hard time functioning without sweet tea! Last time I was at Disney, I couldn't find it ANYWHERE!!! Does anyone know if they have sweet tea anywhere??

KathyMO
03-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern was the only place we have found at WDW that has sweet tea.

Kathy

ibrowse17
03-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Liberty Tree did not have it in Feb. Being born and raised in the south, I find it hard to believe that Disney World does not offer sweet tea. Of course I know it is a money issue with them, but they must be one of the few places in the deep south that does not offer sweet tea.
However, I would rather drink water at WDW than the best sweet tea any where else.:mickey:

Mariašoš
03-30-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm the same way over my sweet tea and nope, it can't be found. Just add as many sugar packets as needed. If you need the whole tub you need the whole tub. ;)

kadesha
03-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Maybe I'll just make a gallon and take it with me! :D

Tigerlilly
03-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Wow . .I did not even think about this. Tea is just about the only thing my 9 year old will drink . . They serve tea but not SWEET tea?? Thats just . .insane.

Ofcourse I was in Rhode Island once and asked for sweet iced tea. Bless the poor waitress's heart she brought me a cup of boiling water, a tea bag and a glass of ice:)

kadesha
03-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Wow . .I did not even think about this. Tea is just about the only thing my 9 year old will drink . . They serve tea but not SWEET tea?? Thats just . .insane.

Ofcourse I was in Rhode Island once and asked for sweet iced tea. Bless the poor waitress's heart she brought me a cup of boiling water, a tea bag and a glass of ice:)

yes, isn't it nuts that they don't have it! I searched high and low for it last year!! Being in the south, it's unbelieveable to me! They do have tea, just not SWEET tea. It just doesn't taste the same to me mixing in packets of sweet n' low! :(

luvindisney
03-31-2007, 03:05 PM
I know! I traveled to MD frequently with my last job and it drove me nuts to not have sweet tea there. :mad: But when I am at WDW, I grab as many sugar packets as possible and make my own tea syrup.

We have also started to bring our own Splenda packets with us because it tastes more like our sweet tea. Not exactly, but closer than sweet n low. :ack:

watch4pixiedust
03-31-2007, 04:15 PM
I have had sweet iced tea at Columbia Harbor House. I'm from the south, too,;) and I thought it was pretty good.

Physcayt
04-01-2007, 10:08 AM
:rocker: Rainforest Cafe has sweet tea! YUM!

Disneywarrior
04-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Trail's End at Fort Wilderness has it! The waitress told us that they are the only place on property that has it.

tigger24601
04-02-2007, 03:26 PM
being a native s. floridian i'm sad to say that the sweet tea stops in n. florida. when i visit friends in jacksonville it's everywhere but once you get south of that area it's hit and miss, and even if you find it somewhere there's no guarentee that it's going to be good. in other words, florida is it's own kind of southern. no sweet tea anywhere:(