PDA

View Full Version : DVC Info Session ?'s

TexasPrincessAurora
03-30-2007, 06:40 PM
How long does the initial DVC info session last? Where do they typically take place and what do they go over? Do they have something for kids to do during the session? Any info would be appreciated. We are thinking about checking into DVC in a few weeks on our trip.

richardsa98
03-30-2007, 08:24 PM
We were there for a couple of hours and there is a room where the kids can go and play, as well as some ice cream after the visit. It was a painless presentation with a no hassle follow up. You will be in for a treat because you will get to see the Saratoga Rooms plus the simulated Animal Kingdom rooms, I think...
Good Luck:mickey:

Donald A
03-31-2007, 09:54 AM
My wife and I did the presentation last November. We do not have children yet but I think they did have a play area. Our presentation took, in total 3 hours, but we ended up buying into Saratoga Springs (Where we did our presentation and I believe they do all the presentations). All the paperwork was completed and signed so I think that was good time. They do offer custom transportation to take you there and take you wherever you want to leave there. There is an ice cream parlor when you are done but you can not take it on the shuttle. They also gave us each a 3 anytime fastpass ticket. It did not work though :confused: Everyone asks if DVC is a hard sell and I can not really say because we bought that day. However, had we said no, I do not think they would have just let us go without applying a little pressure.

disneyfan1124
03-31-2007, 12:45 PM
The thing I appreciated most about DVC info session and contacts we had was that there was no pressure, just information. We wanted to think about it after the info and requested a call after we got home. Again, the call was information only, answering our many questions. It was then left up to us to make our final decision and as you can see, it was "yes" and we have never been more pleased. In fact, we just bought additional points at AKV!

wendy*darling
03-31-2007, 11:34 PM
We did our initial info session in about 1 hour. We were leaving that day and had just enough time to get the info we wanted before our limo driver arrived.
We did not make a decision that day, and there was NO pressure to do so. We left with many of our questions answered and the phone number of the rep to call if we thought of more questions after we got home.
We did choose to purchase DVC about 1-2 weeks later. Everything was FedEx'd to us for signing- simple as can be.

Back when we did the tour- it was at the Boardwalk. Now everything is at SSR. DVC will provided a van to transport you and your family to the DVC offices and showrooms. You will get to see sample rooms.

They did have movies, etc for the kids years ago- and I believe they still do. And they got ice cream as well (we were asked first if that was OK).

One thing to remember is that DVC does not do group sessions. You meet with one sales rep who will show you around and sit down and answer the questions YOU have. You are not in a big auditorium hearing the "spiel" with other people. If you have 1 hour- that's how long it will take. If you have lots of questions and/or end up purchasing right then and there- it will take longer. It is tailored to you and your needs.

Go, enjoy the visit and don't worry about pressure to buy. :thumbsup:

FiggyFan
04-01-2007, 04:25 PM
The DVC people are very good at tailoring things to what you want/need. My presentation was only about 30 minutes, including a tour of the model rooms. We were staying at the Poly, and they sent a shuttle bus for me. They wanted to shuttle me back, but I walked into Epcot instead to meet my family there.

I left without buying, (no pressure at all) and ended up buying from home several weeks later.

I think the length of your presentation depends entirely on how much time you want to spend and how many questions you have.