PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions...Hoppin' Down the Funny Trail.

Pages : [1] 2

drummerboy
03-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Whoa! Who left boiled eggs all over the runway? Sorry about the veering folks, didn't want to crush any of those pretty Easter eggs.

Vera, cleanup at seats 6 and 6A! Was anybody besides Nat and Scott having coffee when we landed? We have some complimentary DDPTs (Drummerboy Discount Paper Towels) available. Just fill out these simple requesition forms.

Okay. Hope everybody has a wonderful weekend, and as usual, thanks for flying DDA.
[Give 'twisting lightbulb' wave and says, "Buh bye"]

trackbarroness
03-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh boy what a landing that one was Ken, if I had coffee this flight it would have been all over me and the person sitting next to me (who was sleeping). Anyone have any spare coffee to loan to me? I seem to have run out sometime this past week of the caffeine stuff. Oopsies :cool:

alpro2
03-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey....what happened? The last thing I remember, I was in a lonely little hotel room in Charlotte. I had this crazy dream that my house had a wand attached to it and this big jello mold of the Black Pearl was in my front yard. I came back and here we are in a new thread. Was it all just a dream?

drummerboy
03-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Or...have you entered The Twilight Zone?

Christine
03-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Nice flight, Ken! Please tell me those are the hard boiled eggs I am smelling... PLEASE!!

If I go out of town again, will you guys come back and put in a basement for me? This severe weather is making me nervous!!

ElenitaB
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey... who moved the tarmac? (I'm away for a day and you've up and moved... are you trying to tell me something? :sob:)

ElenitaB
03-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Scott, happy Bday to your wife! :party:

I think I'm going to bake cookies this weekend. I bought a bunch of spring-colored mugs today at Starbucks and am making "mug baskets" for some of my favorite people around here (like the main members of my medical team and support staff). Plus I'd like to leave a tray of cookies at the desk of the treatment floor and on the floor at the hospital where I've had most of my stays. Anyone have a good recipe??? Does the cooking wench have anything good cookie recipes?

Christine
03-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Sorry Ellen, no cookie recipes. But I do have an OUT OF THIS WORLD cake recipe! I have the Easter Bunny cake pan from Williams Sonoma, the 3D one where the bunny stands up, and I will be making this next week!

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cake:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 inst. choc. pudding
1 inst. vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup veg. oil
1 1/2 cups water
1 12 oz bag choc. chips

Mix all together, pour into cake pan (preferably Bundt) that has been sprayed and dusted with cocoa powder. Bake 1 hour at 350.

Who would like a bunny cake for Easter? I will take orders until Wednesday. The charge will only consist of the cost of ingredients and the plane ticket to get me to your place! :D

drummerboy
03-30-2007, 11:23 PM
The charge will only consist of the cost of ingredients and the plane ticket to get me to your place! :D
Well there you go, thinking inside the box again. They should pay for the plane ticket for you to meet them at WDW to get the cake. Do you need a refresher course, grasshopper?

Christine
03-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Well there you go, thinking inside the box again. They should pay for the plane ticket for you to meet them at WDW to get the cake. Do you need a refresher course, grasshopper?

(hanging head in shame) shall we we start with the "snatch the pebble from my hand" exercise ???

Beast_fanatic
03-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Christine, while I very much appreciated the rain that the nasty storms brought, I'm more than happy that they are moving away from here. Good luck weathering the storms!

Hubby is going to Austin tomorrow for a funeral and won't be back until Sunday evening. What should I do with all my free time?

Christine
03-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Hubby is going to Austin tomorrow for a funeral and won't be back until Sunday evening. What should I do with all my free time?

My DH is still in San Antonio. If DD didn't have a soccer game tomorrow, I would drive up and we could go to Stonebriar Centre!

Maybe you could go treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure and take in a girlie movie??

dlpmikki
03-31-2007, 04:33 AM
That was some landing! I don't have any cookie recipies but I do have a muffin one if that is any help? No husband at home? If you lived in Stepford I would say spend the whole time cleaning the house and doing the gardening. As you don't I would say have fun and pamper yourself!

alpro2
03-31-2007, 07:40 AM
If you lived in Stepford I would say spend the whole time cleaning the house and doing the gardening.
Spoken like a true Alan Titchmarsh! :D

Do you need a recipe for making cookies disappear?

drummerboy
03-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Maybe you could go treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure and take in a girlie movie??
Well, since DW is off grandbaby-ing, I was going to say we could all get together and hit the town, but I think I'll pass now. I just clipped my nails yesterday.

Anybody else having wonderful spring weather?

Christine
03-31-2007, 09:51 AM
Anybody else having wonderful spring weather?

Tornado watches/warnings, flash flood, winds knocking down power lines and tree limbs...pretty typical Texas spring!

Rhonda, I just realized...if the weather clears up, it is Canton weekend!!! I may go tomorrow after early church!

Who wants a cinnamon roll??? (Or at least the outsides? My daughter eats all the middles!!)

Mickey'sGirl
03-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Anyone have a good recipe??? Did you know that I am the Chocolate Chip Cookie Mama? When Harry was little and we took him shopping, we would ask "What kind of cookies would you like for a treat?" He would go over and pick up a bag of flour...... I will PM you the secret recipe. :tasty:

Great Flight Ken! My luggage seems to have gone astray, however. Is there someone who can help me out?

I hope you Texans keep safe -- that's some crazy weather you are having! We have typical bright sunshine and moderate temperatures....quite lovely.
I'll eat the outsides of the cinnamon roll Christine! I am not much for the soft insides......DD and I could be quite the team, eh?
Gotta go shopping now....Happy day everyone! :flower:

drummerboy
03-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Great Flight Ken! My luggage seems to have gone astray, however. Is there someone who can help me out?
That would be Frankie. Do you want me to have him send you the requisition packet? I will only take a few days to fill out the forms and then he'll get right on it.

Mickey'sGirl
03-31-2007, 10:47 AM
That would be Frankie. Do you want me to have him send you the requisition packet? I will only take a few days to fill out the forms and then he'll get right on it.
You mean I am stuck wearing this red valour top and green polka dot pants until then? Anyone have a jacket I can borrow?

drummerboy
03-31-2007, 11:24 AM
[Wondering to self why she had on red velour and green polka dots to begin with] Will this purple plaid jacket be OK?

Beast_fanatic
03-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Who wants a chili dog?

alpro2
03-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Do you think Natalie can match shoes with that?

drummerboy
03-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Who wants a chili dog?
Funny you should mention that. I took DD1 to lunch and that's what she had.

Did I mention that the next play has been cast?

alpro2
03-31-2007, 03:13 PM
Who wants a chili dog?
Why did he get a hair cut?

dlpmikki
03-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Why did he get a hair cut?

Because he was chilli and wanted a fur coat made from dog hair?

Do you think the new flight meant Jasper missed my comments on the quality of his jokes?

Is the answer to everything 42?

drummerboy
03-31-2007, 04:46 PM
Here I've come up with a really clever thread title and nobody's even mentioned it. :(

Anybody mind if I just sit over here and eat worms?

dlpmikki
03-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Here I've come up with a really clever thread title and nobody's even mentioned it. :(

Nobody appreciates a genius in his own time.

Did I really say that? :fresh: :goodbad:

Christine
03-31-2007, 05:16 PM
Who wants a chili dog?

I DO!!! Can I also have onion rings and a chocolate shake???

alpro2
03-31-2007, 05:39 PM

Or a legend in his own mind. ;)

Originally Posted by cantgetenuff
...and a chocolate shake???

why was the chocolate cold?

drummerboy
03-31-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't have a response for that, just wanted to preserve it in case you change your mind and try to delete it. :D

Is it October yet?

Edited by Mikki to add: Preserve what? :D

alpro2
03-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Is it October yet?
A great time is waiting to be had...don't you all agree?

Still need to decide where I am staying. :confused:

Nascfan
03-31-2007, 08:12 PM
THUD!

Huh? What? Where am I? Is it a new thread already?
Cute title Ken. :thumbsup: This place does give me laughs for the day.

Dear wife had a very nice birthday, albeit quite chilly here. I think she'll really enjoy her 3-D Cinderella Castle I got her as one of her presents.

drummerboy
03-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Dear wife had a very nice birthday, albeit quite chilly here. I think she'll really enjoy her 3-D Cinderella Castle I got her as one of her presents.
OK, in the same sentence you say her birthday was nice but she was a bit chilly. So did you say something that got you in trouble? :thedolls: :D

Oh yeah, tell her Drummerboy said "Happy Birthday!" I can't believe you didn't order a Drummerboy Discount Bakery birthday cake. We had a really terrific special in the week-old section.

Beast_fanatic
04-01-2007, 12:03 AM
I DO!!! Can I also have onion rings and a chocolate shake???

Yes, however, I'm not taking you to the hospital when your gallbladder acts up! :nono: I spent 3 hours at the hospital today visiting my dad, and that was enough for me for one day.

Did I ever tell you he had surgery on Wednesday? It wasn't anything major, but he's 83, so everything its a little risky. He's be home by now, but he lives by himself so the doctor kept him an extra day. He might get to go home tomorrow, but we don't think he's ready.

dlpmikki
04-01-2007, 04:57 AM
I don't have a response for that, just wanted to preserve it in case you change your mind and try to delete it. :D

Is it October yet?

Edited by Mikki to add: Preserve what? :D

Morning Ken - what were you trying to preserve? :thedolls:

alpro2
04-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Good morning all! Doesn't anybody sleep in on Sunday anymore?

Christine
04-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Yes, however, I'm not taking you to the hospital when your gallbladder acts up! :nono:

But good news! I had my virtual gallbladder removed so I can now eat virtual goodies again!

Hope your dad recovers quickly and gets home soon!

DH got home LATE last night from San Antonio. He bought me a Minnie Mouse sunglass case for my new glasses I got in WDW last month. How many brownie points should that be worth???

drummerboy
04-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Morning Ken - what were you trying to preserve? :thedolls:
Preserve the fact that you called me a genius that I should have copied into a thread that you can't edit, you stinker. :thedolls: :thedolls:

Does anybody else have a family like this? My father was admitted to the hospital early in the week with a pulmonary embolism (clot in each lung no less) and nobody bothered to tell me until I called up there on Wednesday. He's home now and when I called last night he acted like it was no big thing (he's almost 87).

dlpmikki
04-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Preserve the fact that you called me a genius that I should have copied into a thread that you can't edit, you stinker. :thedolls: :thedolls:

Does anybody else have a family like this? My father was admitted to the hospital early in the week with a pulmonary embolism (clot in each lung no less) and nobody bothered to tell me until I called up there on Wednesday. He's home now and when I called last night he acted like it was no big thing (he's almost 87).

Sorry Ken, couldn't resist! :blush:

Our family is not quite so bad. DH's father got taken into hospital into a cardiac ward last night but we did get told this morning. We were also told not to go up and see them. We are waiting for an update call now. His father is 91so we know what you mean. He is also a retired doctor as is his wife and they are the last ones to admit there is anything wrong with them.

Who else has family problems?

Christine
04-01-2007, 11:14 AM

Who doesn't, right???

Prayers and well wishes to your dad, Ken and to Andrew's dad as well, Mikki!

Maybe I need to call my dad???

ElenitaB
04-01-2007, 01:48 PM

Ken, I did note the cleverness of the thread title, but now that you've mentioned it, I won't. ;-p

How would you like those worms? Would you like fries with that?

Does anybody else have a family like this? My father was admitted to the hospital early in the week with a pulmonary embolism (clot in each lung no less) and nobody bothered to tell me until I called up there on Wednesday.

Gee, does finding out that my stepfather (90) was admitted to the hospital two days after it happened, count? What about finding out that my SIL had a bad reaction to sedation when they went to blast out her kidney stones count? (Just found out this morning... happened Thursday.) But I guess I shouldn't talk... I don't tell my mom when I'm having chemo.

I think I'm going to make the cake instead of the cookies... easier to resist when baking them, no? The mugs will just have to suffice with jellybeans, Easter M&Ms and "robin eggs." Two will also contain Starbucks cards.

I'm a bit blue so I need to stay away from cookies. :( I'm sure the guys will make sure that there are no cookies in my immediate vicinity, right? :help:

P.S. The two-week-old treadmill is broke! They're MAILing me the part.

drummerboy
04-01-2007, 03:52 PM
How would you like those worms? Would you like fries with that?
Would that be fried grasshoppers? :eat:

alpro2
04-01-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm a bit blue so I need to stay away from cookies. :(
Ellen! What have we told you about putting too much food in your mouth?

ElenitaB
04-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Ellen! What have we told you about putting too much food in your mouth?
I needed you to run interference for me, not inference.

Where's that question jar? Oh, here's a good one: Who stopped the rain? :rain:

Mickey'sGirl
04-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Here I've come up with a really clever thread title and nobody's even mentioned it. :( Sorry Ken... come on over and sit with the guys who love their own punny jokes over here in this corner ... its a lonely group right now!

Y
Did I ever tell you he had surgery on Wednesday? Rhonda -- some :pixie: for your dad....I hope he's up to scratch again soon...

DH got home LATE last night from San Antonio. He bought me a Minnie Mouse sunglass case for my new glasses I got in WDW last month. How many brownie points should that be worth??? That's pretty good...It should get him through the weekend anyway Christine! :minnie:

Does anybody else have a family like this? My father was admitted to the hospital early in the week with a pulmonary embolism (clot in each lung no less) and nobody bothered to tell me until I called up there on Wednesday. Ken -- I hope your dad is better again soon, too! My family is the opposite -- I hear whenever my dad trims his nails....My mom holds her cards a bit closer to her chest..

DH's father got taken into hospital into a cardiac ward last night but we did get told this morning. Mikki -- good recovery to Andrew's dad as well :pixie: .

I'm a bit blue so I need to stay away from cookies. :(
P.S. The two-week-old treadmill is broke! They're MAILing me the part. I am so sorry you are feeling blue Ellen -- A cookie would help in the short term, but you are wise to stay away from them in the long run...they always lead to another! I wish I could whip some up for you...

Would that be fried grasshoppers? :eat: In chocolate? :tasty:

alpro2
04-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I am so sorry you are feeling blue Ellen -- A cookie would help in the short term, but you are wise to stay away from them in the long run...
Now make sure you chew good Ellen!

Chocolate covered fried grasshoppers? :secret:

Jasper
04-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey....what happened? The last thing I remember, I was in a lonely little hotel room in Charlotte. I had this crazy dream that my house had a wand attached to it and this big jello mold of the Black Pearl was in my front yard. I came back and here we are in a new thread. Was it all just a dream?

Yes it was all just a dream and your real name is Bobby Ewing and you are filthy rich, live in Texas and have a beautiful babe for a wife and have one of the meanest brothers in the world.

Is it all coming back to you now?

Jasper
04-01-2007, 07:39 PM
My DH is still in San Antonio. If DD didn't have a soccer game tomorrow, I would drive up and we could go to Stonebriar Centre!

So, what is a Stonebriar Centre?

Girlie movie?? Be careful what you say, this is a family rate site! Around here a girlie movie is XXX rated!!:-o :-o

Jasper
04-01-2007, 07:43 PM
You mean I am stuck wearing this red valour top and green polka dot pants until then? Anyone have a jacket I can borrow?

Sure, I have one you can use. Do you mind waiting until the cat gets done raising her kittens to use it? We had an unexpected increase in the size of our family around here over the weekend. Anyone need a cute kitten in a few months?

Jasper
04-01-2007, 07:48 PM

Did I really say that? :fresh: :goodbad:

When we spot one we will appreciate him!

Now, was that the kind of response you were looking for?

Jasper
04-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Because he was chilli and wanted a fur coat made from dog hair?

Do you think the new flight meant Jasper missed my comments on the quality of his jokes?

Is the answer to everything 42?

Yes, I did miss your comments. Would you care to repeat them or would you rather I go look them up after I get done reading here?

Jasper
04-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I needed you to run interference for me, not inference.

Where's that question jar? Oh, here's a good one: Who stopped the rain? :rain:

Would that be the Candy Man?

Gee, I just looked at the end of this thread, I guess I really ought to get in the habit of using the multi-quote thingy, you think?

Beast_fanatic
04-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I think I'm going to make the cake instead of the cookies... easier to resist when baking them, no?

I love cake batter, so no, it wouldn't be easier for me to resist!

At least they aren't Emailing you the part!

It's a mall.

Gee, I just looked at the end of this thread, I guess I really ought to get in the habit of using the multi-quote thingy, you think?

Yes, I think NOT using it should be considered cheating in the race to 3000. :nono:

Now, where did my nice quiet weekend go? It was so short! Good thing that I only have to work 3 days this week. :D

dlpmikki
04-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Yes, I did miss your comments. Would you care to repeat them or would you rather I go look them up after I get done reading here?

Oh by all means go look them up - even if it means you won't be able to use the multi quote to reply!

Looks like FiL will be in hospital for a few days at least. BiL is going to visit tonight and we think we will be going up tomorrow and staying overnight to make sure MiL is also getting fed. Lots of people looking after FiL but MiL is in her 80s as well so we want to make sure she looks after herself too.

Did I tell you I got some Dream Mickey ears in the post? They were actually Disneyland ones! :mickey: :cloud9:

alpro2
04-02-2007, 06:16 AM
Good thing that I only have to work 3 days this week. :D
So what are you going to do with all that time off Rhonda?

Looks like FiL will be in hospital for a few days at least. BiL is going to visit tonight and we think we will be going up tomorrow and staying overnight to make sure MiL is also getting fed. Lots of people looking after FiL but MiL is in her 80s as well so we want to make sure she looks after herself too.

Best wishes to your FiL, as well as MiL.
So I guess you won't be playing tennis today, Mikki? ;)

Mickey'sGirl
04-02-2007, 08:33 AM
:hi: Mornin' everyone! -- Glad your DW had a great birthday Scott!

Mikki -- I'm glad you are keeping an eye on your MiL as well....Can't forget about her!

Grey and drizzly here...but pretty mild all in all! Are these the April Showers we were told about?

offwego
04-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Does the cooking wench have anything good cookie recipes? All my books for her are by weight..which makes cookie making difficult (sorry Mikki). Personally I like the cookies from Canadian Living.

Gotta go shopping now....Happy day everyone! :flower: Now that's how to spend a weekend!

Do you think Natalie can match shoes with that?
Nope sorry!

Anybody mind if I just sit over here and eat worms? Why would you want to even think about doing that? :sick:

Does anybody else have a family like this? My father was admitted to the hospital early in the week with a pulmonary embolism (clot in each lung no less) and nobody bothered to tell me until I called up there on Wednesday. He's home now and when I called last night he acted like it was no big thing (he's almost 87). Oh yes!! I didn't tell my mom I was going to have a c-section does that count?

I don't tell my mom when I'm having chemo.
Too bad abut the treadmill! And I hope your feeling less blue soon.

Girlie movie?? Be careful what you say, this is a family rate site! Around here a girlie movie is XXX rated!!:-o :-o
I think this meant chick flick. Fairly good name with the whole easter thing coming up.

Mickey'sGirl
04-02-2007, 08:55 AM
So what did everyone do to celebrate Ewan :cloud9: McGregor's 35th birthday on Saturday?

disneydrmr
04-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Hey everyone! Sorry I'm late - spent the WHOLE weekend helping MIL move and well, that's a story in and of itself. Her clothing alone took up more than half of my husband's van! (and Nat, sit down before you read this - NO she does not have different shoes for each outfit! Good thing too or else we'd probably STILL be moving them!)... anyway - I missed the flight to this VERY CLEVERLY NAMED THREAD, so I had to hop a taxi! You guys wanna talk family???? :D DON'T even get me started... I have in-law stories that would make all of you glad for the family you have! I do hope all the sick ones are recovering! Scott- glad your wife had a nice birthday, albiet a chilly one - hmmm... if you lived 3 hours further south she would've had a nice and WARM one! :D So, what's the plan today to pass our time?

alpro2
04-02-2007, 08:59 AM
It's about time you ladies showed up. Ready for another day of hard work? :D

dlpmikki
04-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Best wishes to your FiL, as well as MiL.
So I guess you won't be playing tennis today, Mikki? ;)

Thanks for the good wishes. Would you believe I just got back from tennis? :D

alpro2
04-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the good wishes. Would you believe I just got back from tennis? :D
I definitely can relate to that. ;)

Ok, who is ready for a second cuppa' rosey?

Mickey'sGirl
04-02-2007, 09:14 AM
I definitely can relate to that. ;)

I'll take a first cuppa anything please Alex...All I've had is a handful of pills and some water.... Do you have any snacks to go with that tea?

disneydrmr
04-02-2007, 09:21 AM
.All I've had is a handful of pills and some water.... Do you have any snacks to go with that tea?

That's what I had this AM for breakfast! Tea, a handfull of pills and some water! If he gives you any snacks - would you be willing to share? I'm wanting some comfort food... cookies, mac and cheese, donuts... got any of that?

ElenitaB
04-02-2007, 10:14 AM

Did I tell you I got some Dream Mickey ears in the post? They were actually Disneyland ones! :mickey: :cloud9:
I can relate to the MIL situation, Mikki. When my Stepfather was released from the hospital, his son took him over to his house to convalesce (his wife is a RN). However, no one was watching over my mom, who has memory issues. I was more than a bit concerned.

Who sent you the Dream Mickey ears? How cool! You sure do have nice friends! :mickey:

All my books for her are by weight..which makes cookie making difficult (sorry Mikki). Personally I like the cookies from Canadian Living.
Having lived in Spain, I'm used to baking by weight. I'm prepared (like a good Girl Scout)!

So what did everyone do to celebrate Ewan :cloud9: McGregor's 35th birthday on Saturday?
I would have been on my treadmill watching the Long Way Round (your suggestion, remember?), had the treadmill not broken! :mad: (I can't believe you know when his birthday is... a true fan! :heart: )

It's about time you ladies showed up. Ready for another day of hard work? :D
That's why I'm late! I've been working since early today. Lots to do!

I know what a cuppa Joe is but what's a "rosey"?

That's what I had this AM for breakfast! Tea, a handfull of pills and some water! If he gives you any snacks - would you be willing to share? I'm wanting some comfort food... cookies, mac and cheese, donuts... got any of that?
Here, Di, have some of this calorie-free stuff I have around just for our times of need! I actually am having a hankering for an apple. Where's the real food when you need it?

dlpmikki
04-02-2007, 10:23 AM
I can relate to the MIL situation, Mikki. When my Stepfather was released from the hospital, his son took him over to his house to convalesce (his wife is a RN). However, no one was watching over my mom, who has memory issues. I was more than a bit concerned.

Who sent you the Dream Mickey ears? How cool! You sure do have nice friends! :mickey:

I know what a cuppa Joe is but what's a "rosey"?

Rosey lea = Tea (weird stuff)

Disney sent me the dream ears - I had entered about a dozen times by postcard :mickey: Maybe I should keep trying my luck - still got a chance to win the round all the Disney parks trip! ;)

My MiL has memory problems too. That's one of the reasons we want to check on her. Hopefully we will get positive news in the update tonight from BiL but we are all prepared to upsticks and go see them both tomorrow.

Reaching for a pal Mickey question; What did one shark say to the other when eating a clown?

drummerboy
04-02-2007, 10:27 AM
so I had to hop a taxi!
Pun intended?

drummerboy
04-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Would that be akin to Trouble and Strife = Wife? i.e. Cockney rhyming?

Mikki, are you familiar with the play, "Noises Off"? It's a British farce by Michael Frayne and DD1's theater company is producing it. We're all giving a go at our best British accents. (I'm playing Selsdon, who plays the old burglar in the play-within-a-play.)

disneydrmr
04-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Reaching for a pal Mickey question; What did one shark say to the other when eating a clown?

Does this taste funny to you?

Pun intended?

Of course! Why would you ever think I stuck a pun into my post un-intended? ;)

offwego
04-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Having lived in Spain, I'm used to baking by weight. I'm prepared (like a good Girl Scout)!

II I actually am having a hankering for an apple. Where's the real food when you need it? I just ate the apple sorry. I have one every day how boring is that? And Ellen your better then I am I guess the weights have the time..(I have a conversion chart but it doesn't cover all possible weights).

My MiL has memory problems too. That's one of the reasons we want to check on her. Hopefully we will get positive news in the update tonight from BiL but we are all prepared to upsticks and go see them both tomorrow.

Is rosey tea the stuff that blooms? And Ken is your dictionary handy as I'm not sure what upsticks means.

Oh and Di you own the thread or your post? Does Ken know your staging a hostile takeover of DDB et al?

disneydrmr
04-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Here, Di, have some of this calorie-free stuff I have around just for our times of need! I actually am having a hankering for an apple. Where's the real food when you need it?

Thanks! I have some apples at home.. Red Deliscious... not sure if they are still good.. they've been in my fridge for about 2 weeks now.

Oh and Di you own the thread or your post? Does Ken know your staging a hostile takeover of DDB et al?

Ooops.... I meant to say 'post' and not thread.. I'll rush right back and edit it... can someone shout out a warning if Ken heads this way?

offwego
04-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks! I have some apples at home.. Red Deliscious... not sure if they are still good.. they've been in my fridge for about 2 weeks now.

Ooops.... I meant to say 'post' and not thread.. I'll rush right back and edit it... can someone shout out a warning if Ken heads this way?

Di my son loves those apples and I can't stand them. (too mealy) I'm mostly a granny smith person with the odd crispin or mitsu.

And won't you be able to hear Ken with the whole plane thing and all? Or the drums either way?

Jasper
04-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Oh by all means go look them up - even if it means you won't be able to use the multi quote to reply!

:

Good luck with all the family issues. Fortunately, my parents are only in their late 60's and both in relatively good health. In fact, my father is strong as an ox despite having worked an office his whole life and has done a lot of physical labor on their home since he retired and mom loves her job and won't even think about retirement. However, my MiL is deceased and my FiL is 86 and slowly going down hill. It seems like every week there is some new issue that is cropping up with him. I guess what I am saying is a can certainly understand your struggle.

As for the comments about my jokes, all I can say is I resemble that remark!! But hey, I was just trying to keep the thread going because that was such a slow day. Besides, ya'll made me give up my secret stash of some 30 good questions all in one thread!!

Ok, before someone else asks me, I will ask myself: Self, would you like some cheese with that whine?

disneydrmr
04-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Di my son loves those apples and I can't stand them. (too mealy) I'm mostly a granny smith person with the odd crispin or mitsu.

And won't you be able to hear Ken with the whole plane thing and all? Or the drums either way?

I actually am a granny smith person also! That is why the red delisciuos are still in my fridge. DH wanted them cause he doesn't like the granny smith and I didn't want to buy two different types of apples. I think I'll chop what's left up and make an apple cake.

So, any construction projects on the horizon around here?

Nascfan
04-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Apple cake? There's going to be cake?

Hi folks. Been swamped here, so let me sum up my good wishes for everyone's family. I hope they're all either recovered or well on their way to fully recovering.

Oh Ken, I should've said the outside temps here were chilly on Saturday. I was a good boy and wasn't chilled out. :)

offwego
04-02-2007, 01:08 PM
I actually am a granny smith person also! That is why the red delisciuos are still in my fridge. DH wanted them cause he doesn't like the granny smith and I didn't want to buy two different types of apples. I think I'll chop what's left up and make an apple cake.

So, any construction projects on the horizon around here?

I'm fiancing three this spring is that what you meant?

Likely not though eh?

It's my crazy time...over 2/3 of my portfolio has to be reviewed in the next two months...silly year end of december people!

Jasper
04-02-2007, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=offwego;1242656)
I think this meant chick flick. Fairly good name with the whole easter thing coming up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew that but it was so much more fun to tease about it don't you think? It also points out how easy it is for people to be misunderstood.

Jasper
04-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm fiancing three this spring is that what you meant?

Likely not though eh?

It's my crazy time...over 2/3 of my portfolio has to be reviewed in the next two months...silly year end of december people!

I don't envy you having to do reviews! I was in the Human Resource field for about 15 years and during the majority of that time the companies I worked for were government contractors. That meant we had to do yearly EEOC reviews internally and usually every other year would have to endure an official EEOC audit. (EEOC= Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.) They were so frustrating because many times in an interview you will have two or more candidates that were very close but one would do or say something that made you choose the other. Yet, here sits the government auditor who likely never sat through an interview as the employer questioning us as to whether or not we made the right decision in who we hired!

When you wonder why costs are constantly going up, you can look to programs like this!

Can you say GRRRRR? Ok, I am off my :soapbox: now!

Imagine, all that to say I feel your pain. So does this mean you need a new pair of shoes for the reviews?

offwego
04-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Can you say GRRRRR? Ok, I am off my :soapbox: now!

Imagine, all that to say I feel your pain. So does this mean you need a new pair of shoes for the reviews?

Well yes I do...seeing as how I have to go an inspect any physical property involved. The reviews themselves are often fun...it's the fact they are all jammed together that's the problem. Could be worse I guess.

Yours does sound worse now that you mention it though. Did you ever find your cheese?

disneydrmr
04-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey! Who got peanut butter in my chocolate?

Christine
04-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Good afternoon, all.

Who stayed up late last night watching all the Disney specials on the Travel Channel?

disneydrmr
04-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Good afternoon, all.

Who stayed up late last night watching all the Disney specials on the Travel Channel?

Good afternoon to you! I would've stayed up to watch it, had I known it was on.. but no one called me to tell me the specials were on... did they Scott? ;) ;)

Were they good?

offwego
04-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Good afternoon, all.

I can't get the travel channel..however I was up late does that count? Couldn't sleep last night no matter what I did. (and no I didn't have any coffee after 10am so that wasn't it.)

werid huh?

Mickey'sGirl
04-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Good afternoon, all.

I wanted to -- but we don't get the Travel Channel up in these parts.... I sure feel like I stayed up late though....
Were they good? Did they show people enjoying :bar: ?

Nascfan
04-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Good afternoon to you! I would've stayed up to watch it, had I known it was on.. but no one called me to tell me the specials were on... did they Scott? ;) ;)

Were they good?

Hey, it's not our fault....well, actually it is since we couldn't find your number, isn't it?

Whasup folks? Two minute breather here.

offwego
04-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey, it's not our fault....well, actually it is since we couldn't find your number, isn't it?

Whasup folks? Two minute breather here.

you should be breathing more often then just two minutes a day Scott. No wonder you can't find Di's number.

So has anyone else noticed Alex is still busy retrofitting his house?

dlpmikki
04-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Is rosey tea the stuff that blooms? And Ken is your dictionary handy as I'm not sure what upsticks means.

No idea about rosey tea, just vaguely aware of the rhyming slang. Apologies for the upsticks - didn't realise I had put a colloquialism in. basically means ready to drop everything (or pull all the half built fence sticks out the ground) and leave in a hurry. ;)

Good luck with all the family issues. Fortunately, my parents are only in their late 60's and both in relatively good health. In fact, my father is strong as an ox despite having worked an office his whole life and has done a lot of physical labor on their home since he retired and mom loves her job and won't even think about retirement. However, my MiL is deceased and my FiL is 86 and slowly going down hill. It seems like every week there is some new issue that is cropping up with him. I guess what I am saying is a can certainly understand your struggle.

As for the comments about my jokes, all I can say is I resemble that remark!! But hey, I was just trying to keep the thread going because that was such a slow day. Besides, ya'll made me give up my secret stash of some 30 good questions all in one thread!!

Ok, before someone else asks me, I will ask myself: Self, would you like some cheese with that whine?

While you are whining and cheesing keep repeating to yourself: I will use multi quotes, I will use multi quotes. Multi quotes are friends not food.....

Thank you for the good wishes though!

Will you miss me while I am away tomorrow / wednesday?

Christine
04-02-2007, 05:19 PM

Were they good?

I wanted to -- but we don't get the Travel Channel up in these parts.... I sure feel like I stayed up late though....
Were they good? Did they show people enjoying :bar: ?

They were good specials, indeed. The hour- long one talked about the most recent things (Monsters Inc. Comedy, Nemo Musical, etc). I was getting kind of pouty and depressed, missing WDW so badly, until DH pointed out, "Hey! It's only been 12 days since we left!"

Guess I better buck up and get over it, huh??:blush: :secret:

alpro2
04-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey! Who got peanut butter in my chocolate?
Who got chocolate in my peanut butter?

And where do you think you are going young lady?

drummerboy
04-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Hey, who are you calling "Wednesday"? We'll still miss you no matter what you call us.

I was up until 4 Saturday night/Sunday morning watching 'Batman Begins'. Will that count as well? Can't sleep that well when DW is on the road (She's got the notrious RV out visiting the grandchilluns).

Jasper
04-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Did you ever find your cheese?

Yes I did, but it didn't help my whine any!! A local grocery store has Kraft blocks of cheese on sale for $1.69 for 8 ounces which is a pretty good price for around here. I picked up a block of Colby and one each of mild, semi -sharp, and sharp cheddar.

So anything fun going on tonight?

Jasper
04-02-2007, 05:59 PM
They were good specials, indeed. The hour- long one talked about the most recent things (Monsters Inc. Comedy, Nemo Musical, etc).

Do you know what the name of this one was? I caught some of them but couldn't catch them all. I did notice that most of them have been around for a few years. Of the ones I caught the only one that was newer than 2003 was the one about the Cruise Line.

Is anyone else in love with Samantha Brown who hosts Great Hotels? I have seen all of her Disney episodes before but I just loved seeing her do them again. There is just something so warm and friendly about her that you feel like she is your best friend.

Christine
04-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Do you know what the name of this one was? I caught some of them but couldn't catch them all. I did notice that most of them have been around for a few years. Of the ones I caught the only one that was newer than 2003 was the one about the Cruise Line.

The hour long one was Walt Disney World Resort behind the scnes...it was part old show, then they added the new attractions!

For those who missed it, this was yesterday's schedule on Travel Channel:

03:00 PM Disney's Imagineers
04:00 PM Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes
05:00 PM Great Hotels
Disney's Grand Floridian - Orlando
05:30 PM Great Hotels
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Orlando
06:00 PM Great Hotels
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts -
06:30 PM Great Hotels
Disney's Wilderness Lodge

07:00 PM Undiscovered Walt Disney World
Undiscovered Walt Disney World
08:00 PM Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line
09:00 PM Walt Disney World Resort: Behind the Scenes
10:00 PM Disney's Animal Kingdom
11:00 PM Disney Cruise Line
12:00 AM Walt Disney World Resort: Behind the Scenes

Can you tell I had a good day yesterday???

Dsnygirl
04-02-2007, 09:31 PM
So anything fun going on tonight?

Just working... anyone have some babies that need delivering?? :blush:

Can you tell I had a good day yesterday???

I would've traded my day for a day watching Disney stuff... I slept it away, since I worked Saturday night! Had no ideas the specials were on!!:(

Anyone out there pulling an all-nighter tonight? (I'm back at work - not too many babies on their way out right now...:thumbsup: )

ElenitaB
04-02-2007, 09:56 PM
I didn't know that the one on DCL had been edited to include new stuff. Was it any good?

Absolutely! (Should I tell her we'll aim better next time? ;) ) Hope all is well on the InLaw health front...

Is anyone else in love with Samantha Brown who hosts Great Hotels? I have seen all of her Disney episodes before but I just loved seeing her do them again. There is just something so warm and friendly about her that you feel like she is your best friend.
I think she's fabulous. Disney would do better with her than with Miss Stacey! (Jasper, see that little button down there on the right? The one that says "Multi Quote"? It doesn't bite... I promise!)

Anyone out there pulling an all-nighter tonight? (I'm back at work - not too many babies on their way out right now...:thumbsup: )
Almost all nighters were two weeks ago... but I was delivering a PowerPoint presentation, nothing as worthy as a baby! We can make you a pot of coffee... would you like some?

Christine
04-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi Blythe!!! I am so glad to see you here! :hi:

Did anyone else just finish watching Dancing with the Stars??? I think Ian is just precious, as is Apollo.

Dsnygirl
04-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Hi Blythe!!! I am so glad to see you here!

Hi Christine! :D I've wanted to join in for awhile, but was never sure just how to - figured I'd just jump in and see what happened!! :cool:

Almost all nighters were two weeks ago... but I was delivering a PowerPoint presentation, nothing as worthy as a baby! We can make you a pot of coffee... would you like some?

Boy, would I - this is my third of four nights on. Anyone have any chocolate to go along w/ the caffeine?? That ought to get me moving... ;)

drummerboy
04-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi Blythe!!! I am so glad to see you here! :hi:
Ditto.

Did anyone else just finish watching Dancing with the Stars???
I just got home from watching little black dots dance across a page. We had oompah band practice tonight.

Anybody know if the travel channel will have the Disney programs on again soon?

Christine
04-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Anybody know if the travel channel will have the Disney programs on again soon?

I don't know...I shall try to find out!

I just worked out. Hopefully it will help my mood. Have you even been kinda down in the dumps and you don't even know for sure why???

Dsnygirl
04-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Ditto. Hi Ken! :hi:

I just worked out. Hopefully it will help my mood. Have you even been kinda down in the dumps and you don't even know for sure why???

Absolutely!! And it's worse than when you have a reason, b/c you don't know what to fix!! :crazy: Now I'm down b/c I haven't worked out in ages and I know I need to but I keep rationalizing my way out of it until another day passes and then I say I'll go but then I get busy and.... :help: Anyone have any motivation pills out there I can take???

drummerboy
04-02-2007, 11:39 PM
I don't know...I shall try to find out!
Thank you my dear.

Have you even been kinda down in the dumps and you don't even know for sure why???
I used to wonder that a lot when I was a park ranger, but then I'd remember--I was dumping off the park's garbage. :D

But seriously. I call that a 'general malaise'. Feel like blech but there ain'no reason blues. I think you're having something akin to actors' post-play depression, only for you it's post-WDW depression. Here--:pixie: , maybe that'll help.

Rhonda, are you sure I can't claim a quoted question as my own? Or using this guy--:confused: ?

Christine
04-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Anyone have any motivation pills out there I can take???

I wish! Although I think I am beyond pills now...I think it is time for a swift kick in the rear!!

Blythe, I hate to go off to bed...I am afraid you will get lonesome! Will you be alright???

Christine
04-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Ken, this is all I could find thus far...but it will get you started!

Undiscovered Walt Disney World
Beyond the theme parks, restaurants and souvenirs, discover what Walt Disney World offers off the beaten path. Visit unknown sites, untried attractions.
APR 12 2007 @ 04:00 PM

Walt Disney World Resort: Behind the ScenesExplore Disney's Magic Kingdom, Animal
Kingdom, Epcot Center, and Disney-MGM Studios in this in-depth behind-the-scenes tour.
APR 12 2007 @ 07:00 PM
APR 13 2007 @ 02:00 AM

Disney's Imagineers
Explore Disney World's most popular attractions, including the Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, and the Tower of Terror.
APR 12 2007 @ 03:00 PM

May I have a cookie now??

ElenitaB
04-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Are you sure it's not because you spent an entire day watching Disney specials on the Travel Channel? Maybe Meet the Robinsons upset you in some way? Any way, sorry you're feeling blue. I know I am as well, but I know why I'm down. :(

You did good! :thumbsup: You may take a giant step and you may have a cookie as well! :)

Blythe, would you like some M&Ms to go with your coffee? I have all kinds, including printed ones.

Beast_fanatic
04-03-2007, 12:07 AM
So what are you going to do with all that time off Rhonda?

I think I'm going to go get a massage on Thursday (hubby gave me a gift certificate to celebrate my weight loss to date). And, I haven't decided about the rest of the time. We discussed going somewhere but since hubby just went to Austin last weekend, I don't know if we will or not.

I actually am a granny smith person also! That is why the red delisciuos are still in my fridge. DH wanted them cause he doesn't like the granny smith and I didn't want to buy two different types of apples.

Have you ever tried Gala apples? They're yummy.

Can't sleep that well when DW is on the road .

My hubby was gone Saturday night, and that was the best night's sleep that I've had in ages! :secret:

Rhonda, are you sure I can't claim a quoted question as my own? Or using this guy--:confused: ?

I'm absolutely positive. :nono:

Dsnygirl
04-03-2007, 12:38 AM
I wish!
Blythe, I hate to go off to bed...I am afraid you will get lonesome! Will you be alright???

You are sweet - I'll be fine :sleepin: ;) - I'm used to being on my own all night, and I'm surrounded by a great shift of crazy night nurses, as well - :D Gotta love the freedom to be on the computer ....:surf:

Blythe, would you like some M&Ms to go with your coffee? I have all kinds, including printed ones.

I would love some!! Have you tried the new white chocolate ones? Not quite the same kick as milk chocolate, but yummy!! Anyone have any??:tasty:

drummerboy
04-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Ken, this is all I could find thus far...but it will get you started!
Here's an entire bag of cookies, straight from DDB to you. Thank you.

Who's got breakfast ready?

Mickey'sGirl
04-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Just working... anyone have some babies that need delivering?? :blush: Hey Cicero! How you doing? No more babies for me -- but I'll let you know if I notice a need....

Who's got breakfast ready? This is the second day in a row without breakky for me..... (it was a crazy mornin' in Ajax!) ... Can anyone spare a nut free breakfast bar?

disneydrmr
04-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone! Anyone got any straps I can borrow to tie my house down today? We are expecting strong storms with 70 miles per hour straight line winds.

Welcome to the thread Blythe! Can't help you with the need for caffeine and chocolate.. my doctor ordered me off both.

Here Ken - I have some Kashi Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal - will that suffice for your breakfast?

offwego
04-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Just working... anyone have some babies that need delivering?? :blush:

No thank you but Welcome to the thread!

Did anyone else just finish watching Dancing with the Stars??? I think Ian is just precious, as is Apollo.
I only watched a little..did anyone else notice how much counting and or talking to himself Billy Ray does? I know the judges mentioned it is well but I thought it was funny.

Boy, would I - this is my third of four nights on. Anyone have any chocolate to go along w/ the caffeine?? That ought to get me moving... ;) Except for Di those are staples around here. You may however want to be cautious about the ice cream.

as Ken mentioned it's post wdw blues...hopefully the work out helped!

[QUOTE=ElenitaB;1243800] I know I am as well, but I know why I'm down. :(

Ellen I hope your feeling a little better today!

So since breakfast was an apple and Di's pushing health food...what's for lunch?

disneydrmr
04-03-2007, 10:17 AM
So since breakfast was an apple and Di's pushing health food...what's for lunch?

I have some carrots, a yogurt and a sugar free jello I could share... but we'd only get a couple bites each and would probably be starved within the hour. Anyone got anything to add to this meager lunch offering?

offwego
04-03-2007, 10:28 AM
I have some carrots, a yogurt and a sugar free jello I could share... but we'd only get a couple bites each and would probably be starved within the hour. Anyone got anything to add to this meager lunch offering?

I have a hame and cheese with whole wheat and asaigo cheese...and a bottle of water.

Does that help?

Nascfan
04-03-2007, 10:48 AM
I have a chicken sandwich, cottage cheese, Doritos. Where can I scrounge up some chocolate for dessert?

disneydrmr
04-03-2007, 12:05 PM
I have a hame and cheese with whole wheat and asaigo cheese...and a bottle of water.

Does that help?

I have a chicken sandwich, cottage cheese, Doritos. Where can I scrounge up some chocolate for dessert?

Between the three of us we have a pretty decent meal. I also have two bottles of water on my desk to add to our pot luck lunch. Sorry Scott - no can help you on the chocolate issue. I see a Red Hot candy lying on the floor in the cubicle next to me - I think it's been there a few months so I'm sure no one would care if you claimed it... want me to get it for you?

Mickey'sGirl
04-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Between the three of us we have a pretty decent meal. I also have two bottles of water on my desk to add to our pot luck lunch. Sorry Scott - no can help you on the chocolate issue. I see a Red Hot candy lying on the floor in the cubicle next to me - I think it's been there a few months so I'm sure no one would care if you claimed it... want me to get it for you?
I have a multi-grain bagel with provalone, tomato soup, a bananaphone and a bottle of water. I should say...I had....I now only have the bananaphone and half a bottle of water :blush: . Has your weather arrived yet in Ohio?

Nascfan
04-03-2007, 01:24 PM
I'll pass on the red hot, thanks anyway Di.

The weather is supposed to get here sometime tonight, then it's supposed to get C-O-L-D! All the way through the weekend and into next week. It IS April isn't it? I don't want cold! I thought we were through with highs in the 30s.

drummerboy
04-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Except for Di those are staples around here. You may however want to be cautious about the ice cream.
Always with the slams against the Drummerboy brand of fine Discount products. Just for that, no free samples for you of our flavor (flavour for you) of the month: Peep Pimiento.

So where's the question you say? Well, I really don't know.

offwego
04-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Always with the slams against the Drummerboy brand of fine Discount products. Just for that, no free samples for you of our flavor (flavour for you) of the month: Peep Pimiento.

And there I was yesterday talking Di out of a hostile take over. And offering you loans at 122%. What was I thinking?

And that's just a bizzare flavour combo...

Scott I had a snickers bar but it's gone now. I was pretty sure Jenn couldn't have it so scrarfed it in an effort to save her from it.

Does anyone believe that?

Nascfan
04-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Scott I had a snickers bar but it's gone now. I was pretty sure Jenn couldn't have it so scrarfed it in an effort to save her from it.

Does anyone believe that?

Haha! Nice try, but no. Care to try another story?
I had some M&Ms. Blythe a page or so back had me thinking about them.

offwego
04-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Drat...does this mean your reporting me to the fibbers thread?

So who else has big Easter plans anyone? I'll have about 15 people at my house Saturday. Do you think they'd be ok with just Snickers?

drummerboy
04-03-2007, 02:16 PM
And there I was yesterday talking Di out of a hostile take over. And offering you loans at 122%. What was I thinking?
Hah! My local bank has you beat. They've offered me 110%. :fresh:

And that's just a bizzare flavour combo...

What? Where's your sense of adventure?

offwego
04-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Hah! My local bank has you beat. They've offered me 110%. :fresh:

What? Where's your sense of adventure?

Darn...mind you we very well may own your local bank..and you do realize with the exchange rate my 122 is better then 110 right?

And I use up all of my sense of adventure on shoes..none left for ice cream sorry!

disneydrmr
04-03-2007, 02:54 PM
I have a multi-grain bagel with provalone, tomato soup, a bananaphone and a bottle of water. I should say...I had....I now only have the bananaphone and half a bottle of water :blush: . Has your weather arrived yet in Ohio?

Nope, we are still weather free here... like Scott said it's gonna arrive tonight. We've been enjoying temps in the mid to upper 70s.. lows only in the 60s.. tomorrow's high - 40 degrees and low temps below freezing again. :mad: Guess I better turn on my heat before I go to bed tonight.

I'll pass on the red hot, thanks anyway Di.

The weather is supposed to get here sometime tonight, then it's supposed to get C-O-L-D! All the way through the weekend and into next week. It IS April isn't it? I don't want cold! I thought we were through with highs in the 30s.

Hmmm... you always seem to be about 20 degrees colder way up there in your neck of Ohio - so I feel for you!

Is that the Pimiento Cheese Spread - or are you talking Whole Pimientos?

Drat...does this mean your reporting me to the fibbers thread?

So who else has big Easter plans anyone? I'll have about 15 people at my house Saturday. Do you think they'd be ok with just Snickers?

No big plans here... just going to my parents house for some ham and traditional Easter Trimmings...

Snickers? For Easter? Couldn't you at least offer them a Chocolate bunny?

Mickey'sGirl
04-03-2007, 03:03 PM
So who else has big Easter plans anyone? I'll have about 15 people at my house Saturday. Do you think they'd be ok with just Snickers? My MiL decided to have Easter dinner on Saturday up at their place, to give me a break.... As it turns out I am now busy every day until then.... Thurs night they are coming to my house to see the boys (they are just getting back from 6 months in FLA), Fri we go to my parents for Fish and Chips, Sat we are going up to Brian's parents for dinner then on Sun my family is coming to me because nobody else ever does it. They are bringing much of the food, however..... Do you think they will notice if I only put bread on the table?

Jasper
04-03-2007, 03:16 PM
It is 2:15 central time 3:15 Eastern time right now here in southern Indiana. The sky has just clouded up in the last hour and they say the bad weather should hit in the next 1-2 hours. Tommorow we are suppose to have a high of 45 and then over the weekend we are suppose to have lows in the low 20's over night and highs in the upper 30's and low 40's

I want to know who it is that claims that global warming is really a problem????

We have had highs in the 70's and 80's for several weeks now and absolutely EVERYTHING is in full bloom today. It is just beautiful around here right now. That always seems to draw in a cold spell and kill everything.

disneydrmr
04-03-2007, 03:27 PM
..... Do you think they will notice if I only put bread on the table?

I'm sure they would notice if there was only bread on the table... especially if they take the time to bring other dishes. Where were you planning to put the food they bring?

Mickey'sGirl
04-03-2007, 03:31 PM
I want to know who it is that claims that global warming is really a problem???? It ain't an issue here either Jasper! I want some of that bloomin' up here!

Where were you planning to put the food they bring? You mean it's not a gift for weekday meals?

offwego
04-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Nope, we are still weather free here...Snickers? For Easter? Couldn't you at least offer them a Chocolate bunny?
What exactly happens when you have no weather? And since we are on the topic of being particuliar they are actually coming over for my sons (take a deep breath and say this fast) baptism/first communion/confirmation so it's not really "easter".

They are bringing much of the food, however..... Do you think they will notice if I only put bread on the table?
Nah I'm sure you'll whip up some cookies at least! Out of 15 people the only thing people are bringing (and far too much of it since the service starts at 8pmish) is wine. I'm having nightmares of my whole family showing up at the church all :marg: :beer: :marg: since we have to be there before them by about an hour or so. It's not going to be pretty if they do!

I want to know who it is that claims that global warming is really a problem????

We have had highs in the 70's and 80's for several weeks now and absolutely EVERYTHING is in full bloom today. It is just beautiful around here right now. That always seems to draw in a cold spell and kill everything.
What's that movie again? Funny how spring is like that isn't it?

disneydrmr
04-03-2007, 03:47 PM
You mean it's not a gift for weekday meals?

Hmmm... you could look at it that way... but again, I do believe they would not quite appreciate having just bread and water for Easter... BUT.. you could allow the JQ Extreme Team to come in for a quick remodel job - THAT would make everyone in your family understand why there is only bread on your table! :D

What exactly happens when you have no weather?

Ok, ok, I'm trying to post in between all the customer phone calls I"m getting... pesky customers... there's only two of us working today so we've been busier than normal. I meant to say bad weather... at least I got a question in the post - I did get a question in the post - didn't I?

Nascfan
04-03-2007, 04:16 PM
What exactly happens when you have no weather?

Is that like tomorrow being canceled due to lack of interest?

If I'm one of the 15 you've invited, I'd be happy with Snickers to eat! :thumbsup:

Kathy's family is coming to our house on Saturday for Easter since our niece has to be on the bus to WDW early Sunday afternoon with her band. I think I'll stowaway, sound good?

offwego
04-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Is that like tomorrow being canceled due to lack of interest?

If I'm one of the 15 you've invited, I'd be happy with Snickers to eat! :thumbsup:

Kathy's family is coming to our house on Saturday for Easter since our niece has to be on the bus to WDW early Sunday afternoon with her band. I think I'll stowaway, sound good?
Scott, I always have interest I guess that's why tomorrow always shows up?

You'd be invited but it would be hard to be at your own party then wouldn't it? Or maybe that't the idea?

Family events are soo much fun. Maybe you should all come to add a little levity to the occasion what do you think?

Jasper
04-03-2007, 04:38 PM
It ain't an issue here either Jasper! I want some of that bloomin' up here!

I Would get those big fans out but I don't think we are going to have enough warm weather to go around in the next 24 hours.

By the way, for those of you further east of here we now officially have the strong storms!! It is about 3:30 central 4:30 eastern right now. If you are east of us you need to get ready because these things are pretty wicked!!

Funny, why do I feel like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz right now?

Jasper
04-03-2007, 04:42 PM
... BUT.. you could allow the JQ Extreme Team to come in for a quick remodel job - ! :D

Ok, ok, I'm trying to post in between all the customer phone calls I"m getting... pesky customers... ?

Did someone say remodel? I just got my backhoe license back from the police so I am ready to do some serious damage!!! Wait, that didn't come out quite right did it?

Wouldn't business be so much better without customers? If we didn't have customers then we could spend all day posting on this thread. . .at least until they cut off the internet and electricity for lack of payment!!

Dsnygirl
04-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Just for that, no free samples for you of our flavor (flavour for you) of the month: Peep Pimiento.

Ken - that is just :sick: !! Can I try some???:D

Hey every body - you've all been doing some serious eating while I've been sleeping!! Anyone got anything good to share w/ someone who just woke up? :mcoffee:

Thanks for all the welcomes to the thread - you guys are fun! Of course, it would have been better if you'd stayed up all night w/ me and kept me company on my first night here - it got quite lonely after 1 am!! Where were you all??? :sleepin:

By the way, for those of you further east of here we now officially have the strong storms!! It is about 3:30 central 4:30 eastern right now. If you are east of us you need to get ready because these things are pretty wicked!!
Uh-oh...we've got weather here, too but it's been starting to be nicer to us - a little sun, not too much rain - my flowers are starting to pop up and at least remind me where I planted them!! ;) Looks like the niceness may be about to end....

Off to the showers for me now - I'm back to work for one more night of baby delivering. (None last night for me, but plenty for others... my little patient stayed firmly inside his mommy...:baby: ) Could someone please put on a pot of coffee and pull an all-nighter w/ me??? :D

Christine
04-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Could someone please put on a pot of coffee and pull an all-nighter w/ me??? :D

I can see you to about 1am, but then I turn into a pumpkin! The only time I am able to pull "all nighters" is when I am in Disney.

So if you want to ship me down to Orlando whenever you're on the night shift, I would be more than happy to oblige and stay up all night chatting with you!

(Ken, did you see me? I am learning!!!)

drummerboy
04-03-2007, 06:06 PM
So if you want to ship me down to Orlando whenever you're on the night shift, I would be more than happy to oblige and stay up all night chatting with you!

(Ken, did you see me? I am learning!!!)
Yes, grasshopper, you are learning well. Your training will be complete when you can convince her to ship me as well.

I've finished all my Peeps and jellybeans. Now what?

ElenitaB
04-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Can anyone spare a nut free breakfast bar?
You were seriously asking this bunch for something "NUT" free? :crazy:

I actually went to Starbucks this morning for breakfast (note: I'm off the diet temporarily due to my extreme funk) and, gasp, they had NO chocolate croissants. Oh, the cruelty!

Good morning everyone! Anyone got any straps I can borrow to tie my house down today? We are expecting strong storms with 70 miles per hour straight line winds.

Funny, why do I feel like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz right now?
Are you two okay? Where's Toto?

We have no Easter plans other than being together. I don't even know what I'm cooking yet but I'm leaning toward lamb. Good luck with your son's receiving the sacraments. Ben did this a few years ago. It was nice and gladly not at a really loooooong Easter mass.

I want to know who it is that claims that global warming is really a problem???
Take a look at the tornado statistics over the past few years for the month of February and you'll see an alarming pattern. (Please don't get me started... I promise to stay off the :soapbox: )

Would you like some Easter M&Ms?

Dsnygirl
04-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Yes, grasshopper, you are learning well. Your training will be complete when you can convince her to ship me as well.

Oh, that I could!! Then you guys could stay up telling me all the wonderful things that are going on down there while I'm here... wait a minute... If I can afford to send you two, I should be able to get myself out of here and join you!!:D :teleport:

I've got some Reese's peanut butter eggs... wanna share??

Originally Posted by offwego

Can I come, too? Snickers would be just fine for me!! :tasty: We're shuffling off to Buffalo for the weekend to share Easter with my DH's side of the family... lots of good Polish food and coloring eggs w/ the kiddies...:egg: :egg: Anyone have any of the old fashioned oil egg-coloring kits??

alpro2
04-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Ok, ok, I'm trying to post in between all the customer phone calls I"m getting... pesky customers...
Customers! Huh! Who needs them anyway?

Hi Blythe. Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the new person to JQ needs to supply Ken, Scott, Jasper and me with cookies. But if this secret agent wearing a skirt comes by, DO NOT SHARE.

Dsnygirl
04-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Hi Blythe. Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the new person to JQ needs to supply Ken, Scott, Jasper and me with cookies. But if this secret agent wearing a skirt comes by, DO NOT SHARE.

Not a problem!! I'll be sure to bake up a few batches when I get home in the morning, and you all can enjoy them at your leisure. Double chocolate chunk and some Snickerdoodles sound good? And of course, some milk to go along...

I'll be sure to watch out for the skirt - anyone got any binoculars???:D

ElenitaB
04-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Blythe, you're a quick learner! :yes:

Couldn't you arrange to bake at work? Maybe use the sterilizing equipment or something??? That way we'll supply the coffee in the morning (I'll program my machine to have it ready before your shift is over), and you'll have the cookies already... Whaddya think?

Having a JQ night shift could open all kinds of possibilities for us! :cool: Ken, we can finally open up DDNGS.

alpro2
04-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Not a problem!! I'll be sure to bake up a few batches when I get home in the morning, and you all can enjoy them at your leisure. Double chocolate chunk and some Snickerdoodles sound good? And of course, some milk to go along...

Love chocolate chunk and snikerdoodles. Welcome aboard Blythe! I hope the rest of the JQ gals are taking notes here. ;)

Can you make it chocolate milk? :blush:

ElenitaB
04-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Love chocolate chunk and snikerdoodles. Welcome aboard Blythe! I hope the rest of the JQ gals are taking notes here. ;)
Has someone forgotten all the cannoli that have been sent his way?

drummerboy
04-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Having a JQ night shift could open all kinds of possibilities for us! :cool: Ken, we can finally open up DDNGS.
I was looking through the Rolodex and couldn't find DDNGS. Have you started a subsidiary without me? Is this still part of Di's hostile takeover? Am I getting paranoid, or just paranormal? Do I need a golden parachute? Should I go ahead and retire to paradise? Do you see a theme here?

alpro2
04-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Sorry Ellen. Nothing compares to your cannoli. Do you forgive me? I am talking about the Bobsey Babes and the lack of buckeyes lately.

Beast_fanatic
04-04-2007, 12:02 AM
There were nasty storms in my area today too although they started just south of us so all we got was a little rain. Hope everyone else got off as lightly!

For lunch today, I had Spring Creek BBQ (turkey, corn on the cob and green beans). It was delicious.

I do wish that I could have some Easter candy. :(

When they were getting ready to discharge my dad from the hospital on Sunday, they asked if he was ready to go home and he finally admitted that he was scared that he would fall (he lives alone). So, they kept him an extra day and had a physical therapist evaluate him. Today, they moved him to a skilled nursing facility until he can regain his strength. I think that was a good move.

Does anyone else get Good Friday off as a holiday?

Dsnygirl
04-04-2007, 01:59 AM
:pixie:
Couldn't you arrange to bake at work? Maybe use the sterilizing equipment or something??? That way we'll supply the coffee in the morning (I'll program my machine to have it ready before your shift is over), and you'll have the cookies already... Whaddya think?

Now, that's a great thought... :plot: I'll bake, you guys sleep, I sleep, you guys eat.... hmmm... maybe I ought to rethink this a little!! Could you have a pot of coffee ready around 3:30pm, and save me a Snickerdoodle or two??:D

Can you make it chocolate milk?

Absolutely!!

Cannoli? What cannoli?? Did I miss something? They'd go great with the coffee... mmm... I can almost taste them...

When they were getting ready to discharge my dad from the hospital on Sunday, they asked if he was ready to go home and he finally admitted that he was scared that he would fall (he lives alone). So, they kept him an extra day and had a physical therapist evaluate him. Today, they moved him to a skilled nursing facility until he can regain his strength. I think that was a good move.

Sending some :pixie: for your dad - I'll bet the therapy will do him a world of good, and make him feel better about going home.

I'm off on Friday, and so are my girls - not sure what we'll be doing - DH might even take the day. What's everyone else doing Friday??

alpro2
04-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Cannoli? What cannoli?? Did I miss something? They'd go great with the coffee... mmm... I can almost taste them...
Since you were so nice to me Blythe, I will share with you!

Anybody else want some? :fresh:

drummerboy
04-04-2007, 07:46 AM
I'm off on Friday but I have no special plans. More than likely DW will have me doing yard work.

Anybody else like auctions? There's a monthly auction not too far from here that we like to go to, so we'll probably be there on Saturday night.

trackbarroness
04-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Nope I'm off today not Friday, which is my only day off this week and next week. My neice moved today yesterday so we now have three of us here. :cool: Was having connection difficulties over the last few days which is why I haven't posted any where on the boards.
Anyone else going to WDW anytime soon? :D :cool:

disneydrmr
04-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Good morning everyone! Well, I wasn't blown away to Oz. The strongest storms stayed to my south.. we got some lightening, thunder and some winds, but not the extreme they were preparing for!

You go to the store and buy some more?

I actually went to Starbucks this morning for breakfast (note: I'm off the diet temporarily due to my extreme funk) and, gasp, they had NO chocolate croissants. Oh, the cruelty!

Are you two okay? Where's Toto?

I went to Starbucks this AM also! Got a small Hot Caramel Apple Cider. It was so yummy! And it warmed my tummy! Since we have dropped 40 degrees in temperature since yesterday... brrr... and they are talking SNOW for tomorrow! Can you believe that? Yep, I survived. Winds blew quite a few twigs into our yard from the neighbor's dead tree, doggies tracked muddy paw prints all over my house - but that was the only 'damage' we suffered, so I won't complain. I heard that Louisville, KY and a town over in IN got hit pretty bad though...

Oh, believe me, we are definitly taking note (of all the times you 'knock' us and make these 'sarcastic' comments about us ;) )

Is this still part of Di's hostile takeover?

There is NO hostile takeover planned at this time. All hostile takeover plans have been scrapped for the time being. You may now stop looking over your shoulder because there is no one there..... (or is there? :paranoid: )

I am talking about the Bobsey Babes and the lack of buckeyes lately.

You mean you aren't getting the cases and cases of buckeyes that we've been shipping to you? We've been using Drummerboy's Discount Shipping...

Anybody else like auctions?

I'm putting together an auction for my church. Probably have it next month.. why don't you load up your RV and come on over!

offwego
04-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Can I come, too? Snickers would be just fine for me!! :tasty: We're shuffling off to Buffalo for the weekend to share Easter with my DH's side of the family... lots of good Polish food and coloring eggs w/ the kiddies...:egg: :egg: Anyone have any of the old fashioned oil egg-coloring kits??
Sure you can! I won't have any polish food for you though does that matter?

Hi Blythe. Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the new person to JQ needs to supply Ken, Scott, Jasper and me with cookies. But if this secret agent wearing a skirt comes by, DO NOT SHARE. Blythe don't take advice from Alex unless it's about shoes or steak.

A close up would not be a good idea!!

Can you make it chocolate milk? :blush:
Take notes of what per se?

I have Friday off, but more importantly...I hope your Dad's going to be ok. Sounds like he is making a good choice.

I went to Starbucks this AM also! Got a small Hot Caramel Apple Cider. It was so yummy! And it warmed my tummy!
What's with you and Ellen teasing me about Starbucks? I can't get any till Thursday...sigh.

drummerboy
04-04-2007, 10:50 AM
You go to the store and buy some more?
You can do that? I've been stitting here watching every rabbit that passes by thinking I was going to get a delivery.

There is NO hostile takeover planned at this time. All hostile takeover plans have been scrapped for the time being. You may now stop looking over your shoulder because there is no one there..... (or is there? :paranoid: )
I know that old trick--I look over one shoulder and you hide behind the other...

You mean you aren't getting the cases and cases of buckeyes that we've been shipping to you? We've been using Drummerboy's Discount Shipping...
Ooh, we got confused and shipped those out to the tree farm. Wondered why they wouldn't grow.

I'm putting together an auction for my church. Probably have it next month.. why don't you load up your RV and come on over!
You mean load it up with stuff for the auction or load it up for the trip to come buy at the auction? I can stop at verybody's house on the way up and load up on all sorts of good auction stuff. I think we've got several loads of spare buckeyes to bri...oops, no we don't, never mind, you didn't see that. :blush:

Nascfan
04-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Did Blythe go to bed for the night/day? She left us cookies right? Mmmmm, yummies! Blythe, you can hang out here anytime! :thumbsup:

Rhonda, I'm glad they're making sure dad is ok and ready before releasing. Better safe than sorry.

We just got sprinkles here, but boy is it cold and windy now!

ElenitaB
04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Rhonda, here's some :pixie: for your dad. Wasn't Mikki supposed to be back today? I hope her FIL is doing well. My stepdad (he'll be 90 in August) is having a pacemaker put in on Friday. Hope all the elderly male parental units are doing well...

I was looking through the Rolodex and couldn't find DDNGS. Have you started a subsidiary without me?
Of course not! It's Drummerboy's Discount Night Guard Service, silly!

Now, that's a great thought... :plot: I'll bake, you guys sleep, I sleep, you guys eat.... hmmm... maybe I ought to rethink this a little!! Could you have a pot of coffee ready around 3:30pm, and save me a Snickerdoodle or two??:D
[...]
I'm off on Friday, and so are my girls - not sure what we'll be doing - DH might even take the day. What's everyone else doing Friday??
Coffee will be fresh-brewed and steamy. Do you take cream and sugar? And don't worry, we'll be sure you're well stocked with the cookies of your choice.

DS is off on vacation starting tomorrow. We'll head into the city as I have treatment and also have to drop something off at a certain doctor's office. Friday is my "recovery day" though I do have loads of work reading to do and strategizing/design work. A friend of ours will be coming over on Friday for a "play date." (Does anyone else think it's silly to call coming over to play, a "play date"?)

What's with you and Ellen teasing me about Starbucks? I can't get any till Thursday...sigh.
I'm not teasing you (or at least I thought I wasn't :confused: ). Besides, don't you have Timmies?

The question for my afternoon is what I should make for dinner tonight. Has anyone had the succotash (served with the crab cake appetizer) at LTT? :tasty: I'm thinking of making succotash and chicken. I'm not the only one among us who makes Disney-inspired meals, am I? :crazy:

offwego
04-04-2007, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=ElenitaB;(Does anyone else think it's silly to call coming over to play, a "play date"?)

I'm not teasing you (or at least I thought I wasn't :confused: ). Besides, don't you have Timmies?

. I'm not the only one among us who makes Disney-inspired meals, am I? :crazy:[/QUOTE]

No your not the only one. But timmies and starbucks are in no way comparable.

Which way did you decide?

disneydrmr
04-04-2007, 03:22 PM

Why can't you get any until Thursday? Is your local Starbucks only open on Thursdays?

You mean load it up with stuff for the auction or load it up for the trip to come buy at the auction? I can stop at verybody's house on the way up and load up on all sorts of good auction stuff. I think we've got several loads of spare buckeyes to bri...oops, no we don't, never mind, you didn't see that. :blush:

I meant to load you and your dw up and come on over to Ohio! Then we can load all our auction stuff into your RV and you can take it home to resell thru Drummerboy's Discount Junk, er, I mean, Treasure Find Store.

The question for my afternoon is what I should make for dinner tonight. Has anyone had the succotash (served with the crab cake appetizer) at LTT? :tasty: I'm thinking of making succotash and chicken. I'm not the only one among us who makes Disney-inspired meals, am I? :crazy:

Succotash? :sick: Sorry, not something I would eat. My dinner is gonna be spaghetti topped with my left over homemade spaghetti sauce! Yum!

Anyone wanna work the rest of the week for me?

Dsnygirl
04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Hi all! I'm up, I'm up... yes, I did go to bed for the day - thank you all for the coffee and saving me some cookies, I think I'm starting to remember where I am...:crazy:

It was a good day for sleeping, all rain & wind... :rain: ... anyone else have a rainy day? Can't believe how cold it's supposed to get this wknd.... :freeze:

The question for my afternoon is what I should make for dinner tonight. Has anyone had the succotash (served with the crab cake appetizer) at LTT? I'm thinking of making succotash and chicken. I'm not the only one among us who makes Disney-inspired meals, am I?

Never had it - what's in it?? I need some inspiration for tonight... kinda feeling like something warm and homey w/ the weather being so :ack: ...

Sure you can! I won't have any polish food for you though does that matter?

Not at all!! As long as there's chocolate, I'm good!! :bunny: :D Anyone else still need to do some Easter shopping??:ebasket:

offwego
04-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Why can't you get any until Thursday? Is your local Starbucks only open on Thursdays?

Succotash? :sick: Sorry, not something I would eat. My dinner is gonna be spaghetti topped with my left over homemade spaghetti sauce! Yum!

Anyone wanna work the rest of the week for me? Di in order...

1 I have no local Starbucks (it's not fair but there we are the closest one is 45 minutes away)

2. Succotash is mostly corn and beans is it not? Sometimes with okra sometimes with other stuff but always veggies.

3. No thank you...apparently you have customers!

Not at all!! As long as there's chocolate, I'm good!! :bunny: :D Anyone else still need to do some Easter shopping??:ebasket:

The chocolate I've got. You mean you don't want to do my shopping too?

drummerboy
04-04-2007, 05:06 PM
WE went up to about 86 today with lots of sunshine. I think our lows are supposed to go all the way down to the 50s over the weekend though. :cool:

Of course not! It's Drummerboy's Discount Night Guard Service, silly!
Well no wonder I couldn't find it. That one's in the top-secret double-locked Rolodex.

I meant to load you and your dw up and come on over to Ohio! Then we can load all our auction stuff into your RV and you can take it home to resell thru Drummerboy's Discount Junk, er, I mean, Treasure Find Store.
I've got to get the RV back first. She's had it in Raleigh this week. She just called today to tell me she had a little scrape up in a parking lot, but I think she just rubbed elbows with some oversized Jeep tires (tyres for some of you--gotta keep up with the English-English translations).

Anybody want to share a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Pringles and chocolate milk for supper? I had a big lunch at Rotary today (BBQ chicken, potato salad, lima beans and fried squash).

alpro2
04-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I won't have any polish food for you though does that matter?

No polish? Why, is it really shiny already?

What happened to the donuts that the sprinkles were on?

Anybody want to share a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Pringles and chocolate milk for supper? I had a big lunch at Rotary today (BBQ chicken, potato salad, lima beans and fried squash).
I went to Legal Sea food for lunch. :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
04-04-2007, 08:41 PM

Sounds good to me!!:thumbsup: DH came home late w/ his own supper, my DD's wanted grilled cheese - so I ate the crusts, that was dinner. :confused: Wasn't too inspired after four nights working... but pbj and chocolate milk....mmm... works for me!! :tasty:

How was everyone else's dinner tonight?? Ellen, how was the succotash??

drummerboy
04-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Boy, who said what to who? Did everybody get sent to bed without their supper?

[Pushes chairs to side of room and takes off shoes] Oh boy, there's finally room to sock-skate in here. Lalalalalalalala...

alpro2
04-04-2007, 10:00 PM
[Pushes chairs to side of room and takes off shoes] Oh boy, there's finally room to sock-skate in here. Lalalalalalalala...
Are those puppies barkin'?

ElenitaB
04-04-2007, 10:39 PM
How was everyone else's dinner tonight?? Ellen, how was the succotash??
Errrr, I didn't make it. We had to run errands (Easter shopping :egg: ) and ended up someplace I shouldn't have gone to... but it was good. As I told my DS, it was the last time I would be having anything like that for a looooong time!

Blythe, no baby catching tonight?

It's mighty quiet here tonight...

Boy, who said what to who? Did everybody get sent to bed without their supper?
What he said :nudge:

Jasper
04-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Hi all, did you miss me since the storms hit yesterday afternoon? Or maybe the question should be did you even notice I was gone?

The building that houses the servers for my Internet Service Provider was hit by lightning yesterday and suffered serious fire damage. Fortunately they have an alternative location and got back up and running by this morning. However, I had to go to Indianapolis today for a doctor appointment. That is a 4 hour drive each way plus my wife decided she needed to shop so it was quite a looooong day!!

Anyway, I am going to take some time to read the posts I missed and am off to bed so I will catch up with you all on Thursday.

drummerboy
04-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Anyway, I am going to take some time to read the posts I missed and am off to bed so I will catch up with you all on Thursday.
Quick, everybody erase what you said about Jasper. I'll distract him.

Hi Jasper old buddy, how ya doin'? Want some of these cookies? Yummy, they're delicious.

(Everybody erased yet?)

Beast_fanatic
04-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Couldn't we just let him read everything and then use that Men In Black pen thing on him?

alpro2
04-05-2007, 06:26 AM
....We had to run errands (Easter shopping :egg: ) and ended up someplace I shouldn't have gone to... but it was good. As I told my DS, it was the last time I would be having anything like that for a looooong time!

Oooooh...where did you go? Do tell, please...do tell!

I am so glad that I erased the part about Jasper being a really blah, blah, blah, blah

drummerboy
04-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Couldn't we just let him read everything and then use that Men In Black pen thing on him?
We'll have to get somebody else to do it. I keep forgetting which way to hold it, like this, and... who did you say you were?

disneydrmr
04-05-2007, 08:41 AM
How was everyone else's dinner tonight??

My dinner was yummy! Thank you for asking!

"And, sock skating for America, we have Drummerboy... he starts with a smooth slide across the floor, OUCH! He takes a hard hit in the shin on that chair leg... he recoveres quickly and goes for a triple sow cow AND LANDS IT PERFECTLY! Wow! That was amazing! Now he's doing some fast foot work across the floor again, and OW! Slides face first into the cabinets...that has to hurt!, but he stands, shakes his head and once again recovers to continue his routine....."

Hi all, did you miss me since the storms hit yesterday afternoon? Or maybe the question should be did you even notice I was gone?

The building that houses the servers for my Internet Service Provider was hit by lightning yesterday and suffered serious fire damage. Fortunately they have an alternative location and got back up and running by this morning.

Hey Jaspar - I did wonder about you. Heard that parts of Indiana got hit pretty hard. I got lucky and the severe storms stayed to the south of my town. Glad you came thru them ok.

Ok, who would like to go and talk to Mother Nature for me about this SNOW we are getting here? AND about the 30 degree temps... doesn't she know it's April and it's SPRINGTIME????

Mickey'sGirl
04-05-2007, 08:53 AM
[Pushes chairs to side of room and takes off shoes] Oh boy, there's finally room to sock-skate in here. Lalalalalalalala... I got a 3 yr old who just started REAL skating lessons last night -- I wish I could share the footage with you all -- It's hilarious! Did you use a kitchen chair for support Ken?

Hi all, did you miss me since the storms hit yesterday afternoon? Or maybe the question should be did you even notice I was gone? :sad: I don't think they missed me either Jasper....I've been gone since Tuesday afternoon ..... It's all right. I'm fine everyone....

disneydrmr
04-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Did you use a kitchen chair for support Ken?
:sad: I don't think they missed me either Jasper....I've been gone since Tuesday afternoon ..... It's all right. I'm fine everyone....

Ken doesn't need a kitchen chair for support - his leiderhosen are of the support hose variety! :D

I missed you Jenn. I just figured you were out on some Galactic Hero mission, trying to save the world from evil battery stealing aliens! ;) And by the way... can you PLEASE keep your cold winds up there in Canada? We really don't need you to share them with us...

offwego
04-05-2007, 09:00 AM
But it's a holiday Di shouldn't we be sharing?

Mickey'sGirl
04-05-2007, 09:01 AM
And by the way... can you PLEASE keep your cold winds up there in Canada? We really don't need you to share them with us... Whatchew talkin' about Willis? That air is coming up to us from your place!! Remember the fans??????

offwego
04-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Did you guys see the headlines where the director for the movie "A Christmas Story" and his son were killed in a car crash yesterday?

Apparently they were hit head on by a drunk driver.:(

disneydrmr
04-05-2007, 09:18 AM
But it's a holiday Di shouldn't we be sharing?

Yeah, you can share your chocolate bunnies, your jelly beans, your malted milk eggs, your peeps and all that other good Easter Candy.. but WEATHER? Nope! :nope:

Whatchew talkin' about Willis? That air is coming up to us from your place!! Remember the fans??????

The fans have been turned off for several weeks now... the weatherman said that we are getting CANADIAN air right now... hmmmm... maybe if I turn those fans back on I can blow the cold air right back to where it came from :plot:

Need a question, need a question....ACK! The Question pantry is empty... whose turn was it to stock it?

ElenitaB
04-05-2007, 09:26 AM
"And, sock skating for America, we have Drummerboy... he starts with a smooth slide across the floor, OUCH! He takes a hard hit in the shin on that chair leg... he recoveres quickly and goes for a triple sow cow AND LANDS IT PERFECTLY! Wow! That was amazing! Now he's doing some fast foot work across the floor again, and OW! Slides face first into the cabinets...that has to hurt!, but he stands, shakes his head and once again recovers to continue his routine....."
Who else has seen the coming attractions for that new movie about two figure skaters who get banned as male skaters? Sorry, Di and Ken, but that came to mind... I'm having a moment here. :laughing:

Ok, who would like to go and talk to Mother Nature for me about this SNOW we are getting here? AND about the 30 degree temps... doesn't she know it's April and it's SPRINGTIME????
Does anyone have leftover groundhog meat? I think it's time for stew.

Who can send me breakfast? We left a bit late for the hospital and now I'm hungry sitting here in the waiting room. DS is with me... he'll take cookies (must be a guy thing).

Mickey'sGirl
04-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Who can send me breakfast? We left a bit late for the hospital and now I'm hungry sitting here in the waiting room. DS is with me... he'll take cookies (must be a guy thing).
I can offer you a coffee crisp or some smarties (I'm selling them for Euan's pre-school...)... will that do?
Good luck with everything today Ellen! :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
04-05-2007, 09:55 AM

I tried talking, but it got me nothing but a YARD FULL OF SNOW!! :snowball: Don't think she liked what I had to say... :D

I don't think they missed me either Jasper....I've been gone since Tuesday afternoon ..... It's all right. I'm fine everyone....

I missed you, I did!! Just a little delirious with my 4-night stretch... could've used some of your Galactic Hero magic to make the nights go by faster - got any left?? ;)

Does anyone have leftover groundhog meat? I think it's time for stew. :funny: I'll add the veggies... anyone got any groundhog spice??

Hope everything goes okay today, Ellen - sending you some crepes filled with sweet ricotta and lots of warm, yummy berries for topping - hope you like 'em!! ;)

Okay - still snowing - anyone have any skis I can borrow???

disneydrmr
04-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Who else has seen the coming attractions for that new movie about two figure skaters who get banned as male skaters? Sorry, Di and Ken, but that came to mind... I'm having a moment here. :laughing:

What kind of moment are your having? A senior moment? A hallmark moment? A silly moment? Either way - glad we made you chuckle. I have some Kashi Oatmeal in my desk you may have if you like.. it's Apple Cinnamon flavor. Good luck today! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

I can offer you a coffee crisp or some smarties (I'm selling them for Euan's pre-school...)... will that do?

Selling Smarties? That's different... all the schools around here sell chocolate bars.. would be nice if they sold something non-chocolate.. actually, not it wouldn't cause then I wouldn't have a good reason for saying no and would have to buy some... Do you get a prize if you sell the most?

offwego
04-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Selling Smarties? That's different... all the schools around here sell chocolate bars.. would be nice if they sold something non-chocolate.. actually, not it wouldn't cause then I wouldn't have a good reason for saying no and would have to buy some... Do you get a prize if you sell the most?

Ah Di...pst hello...Smarties are chocolate. Just small candy coated ones like M & M's only Canadian.

And if you send back our wind what all will you be using for air?

Ellen sending you any virtual breakfast you want! Hope today goes as smooth as it can. (so maybe a smoothie?)

Jenn & Jasper I missed you both we needed more jokes.

Alex you didn't know I like nailpolish? Opi by choice please...I have a wonderful colour called cha-ching-cherry or a friar friar pants on fire...or a don't socratease me too. Love the names!! Need a pedicure to go with the shoes?

disneydrmr
04-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Ah Di...pst hello...Smarties are chocolate. Just small candy coated ones like M & M's only Canadian.

And if you send back our wind what all will you be using for air?

Hmmm... I think we need to revive your thread about different names for different foods.. around here Smarties are a small tart sugar candy. NO chocolate involved whatsoever.

I'll have someone from the south blow their warm wind/air my way! I just want to get rid of this 17 degree wind chill we're having!

What's for lunch today? I have carrots, yogurt and jello, but want something a little more....

offwego
04-05-2007, 10:41 AM
What's for lunch today? I have carrots, yogurt and jello, but want something a little more....

No idea...lunch is being catered for a "leadership" meeting I have to go to. Likely to be good though. Want me to save a doggie bag?

Dsnygirl
04-05-2007, 10:51 AM
I'll have someone from the south blow their warm wind/air my way! I just want to get rid of this 17 degree wind chill we're having!

Where's Ken this morning? He's got to have some warmer air he can send our way... even if it's in an RV!!

Sounds a lot like my lunch... wanna just throw 'em out and meet somewhere for something better??:D

drummerboy
04-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Need a question, need a question....ACK! The Question pantry is empty... whose turn was it to stock it?
Frankie's turn. Did he forget again? Fine, I'll get to it as soon as I can.

I actually had to put on a long sleeve shirt today to go out into that frigid 60 degree morning air. We are supposed to go down to freezing Friday or Saturday night though. Somebody must have put the fans on extra-high power.

Beast_fanatic
04-05-2007, 11:28 AM
It's gotten a bit nippier here too. If it keeps this up, I might have to switch from a/c back to heater.

Who wants to finish my taxes? I'm still having a hard time getting my hubby to get me the information that I need from him.

Mickey'sGirl
04-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Sounds a lot like my lunch... wanna just throw 'em out and meet somewhere for something better??:D
I failed to bring a lunch today..... I need to go to the bank and to the train station for a ticket and that's about it. Ken -- I had to pull the snow boots and winter hats back out of hiding -- I wish we were down to just shirt sleeves! :fan:
I just had a meeting with one of our Actuaries -- and she is going on a European Disney Cruise in May for 11 days. How cool would that be???? :sail:

Jasper
04-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Quick, everybody erase what you said about Jasper. I'll distract him.

Hi Jasper old buddy, how ya doin'? Want some of these cookies? Yummy, they're delicious.

(Everybody erased yet?)

Hey, what is that cloud of sparkly dust on the horizon? Did someone erase their posts about me or are the dolls :thedolls: preparing another attack?

So what kind of cookies do you have today?

Nascfan
04-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I've got a roast beef sandwich with mashed taters and gravy coming from Packo's.

:hi: Jenn, I thought with yesterday being school day that the kiddies might have worn you out.

Ken, you don't really expect us to feel sorry for you with 60 degrees, do you?

Jasper
04-05-2007, 11:44 AM

I have seen the previews and have to say that it doesn't look particularly appealing to me. I just can't get in to Will Ferral(SP) I just don't think he is very funny and all of his characters seem to be exactly alike. He is just seems to only have one dimension.

Let's see, I think I have left over groundhog meat in the freezer. . . wait a minute, that isn't a freezer, it is the great outdoors. I just about cried when I walked outside and saw all the flowers and plants drooping and wilted from the hard freeze we had last night.

Anyone figured out how to get those fans running yet and send this Canadian front back to the great white north?

Jasper
04-05-2007, 11:55 AM
No idea...lunch is being catered for a "leadership" meeting I have to go to. Likely to be good though. Want me to save a doggie bag?

If you save the food for a doggie, than what are we going to eat? I never did understand why it wasn't called a people bag?

Where's Ken this morning? He's got to have some warmer air he can send our way.

Uh, I don't know if Ken has any warm air, but I have heard from some of you that he has some hot air that he lets go of once in a while.

(Sorry Ken, they set me up and I just had to knock them down! No hurt feelings I hope, it is all in fun!)

drummerboy
04-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Uh, I don't know if Ken has any warm air, but I have heard from some of you that he has some hot air that he lets go of once in a while.

(Sorry Ken, they set me up and I just had to knock them down! No hurt feelings I hope, it is all in fun!)
OK everybody, un-erase. :thedolls:

Let's see, where did I hide the extra questions? Ever since I pointed that Men-in-black contraption the wrong way, I keep forgetting things. What's this thread?

A helicopter keeps circling overhead while I'm typing. Do you think they're on to me?

Mickey'sGirl
04-05-2007, 12:37 PM
A helicopter keeps circling overhead while I'm typing. Do you think they're on to me? Do you have a great big red circle with a capital "H" in the middle of it painted on your head? :confused:

Jasper
04-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Ever since I pointed that Men-in-black contraption the wrong way, I keep forgetting things. What's this thread?

A helicopter keeps circling overhead while I'm typing. Do you think they're on to me?

Are you sure it is the Men in Black Thingie or is it just "that time of life?":D :D Don't worry, we all get there at some time or another in life. At least that is the way I remember it!:D

Do you have a great big red circle with a capital "H" in the middle of it painted on your head? :confused:

So did Ken forget to take the red lights off his backside after his night time walk last night? That's ok Ken we know the lights were behind you so it was easy to forget they were there. Yeah, sure, you can blame it on the Men in Black Thingy just like everything else.

Beast_fanatic
04-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Anyone want to go for a walk in about 15 minutes? It's in the mid-50's with a breeze, so you might want to bring a light jacket.

Jasper
04-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Anyone want to go for a walk in about 15 minutes? It's in the mid-50's with a breeze, so you might want to bring a light jacket.

So how did you get to keep a little spring going when so many of the rest of us have reverted back to winter?

Where are we walking? Are we going to be gone long or should I set my Tivo to record How It's Made, on the Discovery Channel?

Mickey'sGirl
04-05-2007, 01:03 PM
I'd love to come along for a walk Rhonda! Did you get your massage?

Where are we walking? Are we going to be gone long or should I set my Tivo to record How It's Made, on the Discovery Channel? Do you get all the Canadian factories on your version of the show? This is DS3's absolute favourite program on TV (even over Dora!) What are they making today Jasper?

Jasper
04-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Do you get all the Canadian factories on your version of the show? This is DS3's absolute favourite program on TV (even over Dora!) What are they making today Jasper?

I am not sure where the factories actually are. However, in the credits at the end it does say that the show is produced by a Canadian company so I would say many or most of the factories probably are Canadian. Even though they don't normally identify what factory it is or where they are located, there have been episodes where wording on products or on machines has been in French so I suspect that those episodes are filmed in Quebec.

The episode I saw today was a rerun where they were making escalator hand rails and sorting recycleables.

So, anyone want to go do my laundry for me? I don't know if it is the weather or what, but I have a real bad case of lethargy today and just don't want to move. It doesn't help that my back is screaming at me today!!!

disneydrmr
04-05-2007, 01:16 PM

I was gonna say yes, but they just put some lunch meat, cheeses and bread out in our lunch room - leftovers from the manager's meeting..so I grabbed me a sandwhich.. I can grab you one if you want - do you want turkey, ham, or roast beef? Swiss or American?

I actually had to put on a long sleeve shirt today to go out into that frigid 60 degree morning air. We are supposed to go down to freezing Friday or Saturday night though. Somebody must have put the fans on extra-high power.

60 degrees? You're calling 60 degrees frigid?

It's gotten a bit nippier here too. If it keeps this up, I might have to switch from a/c back to heater.

We've already switched back to heat. Even had the electric blanket back on last night.
Who wants to take a road trip to Puxatawney to have a little 'meeting' with Phil?

drummerboy
04-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Are you sure it is the Men in Black Thingie or is it just "that time of life?"
Hey, you make your excuses and I'll make mine. :cool:

DW's on the way back home from grandbaby-ing in Raleigh. Will you all tell her I've been behaving, or will I have to send Guido to help you remember?

Nascfan
04-05-2007, 01:20 PM
So, anyone want to go do my laundry for me? I don't know if it is the weather or what, but I have a real bad case of lethargy today and just don't want to move. It doesn't help that my back is screaming at me today!!!

I don't want to do my laundry, let alone anyone else's. I told the family no more wearing clothes. That should solve the problem, don't you think?

Rhonda, I'll walk with you in those temps! I don't think anyone wants to walk outside in our 20s.

Jasper
04-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Who wants to take a road trip to Puxatawney to have a little 'meeting' with Phil?

Groundhog, did I hear someone say groundhog again? I will bring the cookpot just in case Phil doesn't cooperate in bringing our spring back!

Nascfan
04-05-2007, 01:23 PM
DW's on the way back home from grandbaby-ing in Raleigh. Will you all tell her I've been behaving, or will I have to send Guido to help you remember?

Does he have cookies? Or a Men in Black flashy thingy?

Jasper
04-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Hey, you make your excuses and I'll make mine. :cool:

So is Guido related to my cousin Vinny? Vinny has a fetish for knee caps if you know what I mean!!

I told the family no more wearing clothes.

It may solve the laundry problem but it may cause a few others, especially in these temps. Oh well, it would be fun while it lasted!!

drummerboy
04-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Does he have cookies? Or a Men in Black flashy thingy?

So is Guido related to my cousin Vinny? Vinny has a fetish for knee caps if you know what I mean!!
DDPS (drummerboy Discount Persuasion Services) is very civilized. We use the cookie/flashy thingy combo to start with. If that doesn't work, we resort to the 'super tickle'.

I don't know if I can take much more of this dastardly mid-60s weather. Is there no relief? :thedolls:

Nascfan
04-05-2007, 01:40 PM
DDPS (drummerboy Discount Persuasion Services) is very civilized. We use the cookie/flashy thingy combo to start with. If that doesn't work, we resort to the 'super tickle'.

I don't know if I can take much more of this dastardly mid-60s weather. Is there no relief? :thedolls:
Oh no! Not the super tickle! Anything but the super tickle! :D

What do you think folks? Is it time to sick the :thedolls: on Ken for complaining about his 60s? I say "Get Him"!

Mickey'sGirl
04-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Oh no! Not the super tickle! Anything but the super tickle! :D

What do you think folks? Is it time to sick the :thedolls: on Ken for complaining about his 60s? I say "Get Him"!
I could send :fan: him some of the crazy blizzarding action that just happened by my window. Is that :thedolls: enough?

Nascfan
04-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Do it Jenn, do it! :thumbsup:

How's our racers doing on their contest to 3,000? I need to find a post by Christine somewhere to see her number.

Christine
04-05-2007, 02:06 PM
How's our racers doing on their contest to 3,000? I need to find a post by Christine somewhere to see her number.

It's looking interesting...what do you think Jasper?

Beast_fanatic
04-05-2007, 02:22 PM
The walk was fantastic! I went to the Kroger to drop off a prescription and saw ducks and playgrounds and lovely wildflowers along the way. Next time I walk there, remind me to take along some cash so I can get something to drink, ok?

Jasper
04-05-2007, 02:28 PM
It's looking interesting...what do you think Jasper?

I think I am going to have to give up on the multi-qoute thingy or I will never catch up!!! You are what, somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 posts ahead? I am not sure I can get there in time.

So Christine, are you planning on going away for awhile any time soon? I promise I won't post while you are gone!!! (Darn, where is the fingers crossed smiley when you need it?)

Beast_fanatic
04-05-2007, 02:53 PM
I'd love to come along for a walk Rhonda! Did you get your massage?

No. Maybe tomorrow.

Did you ever have taco salad without any lettuce? It isn't very satisfying.

Mickey'sGirl
04-05-2007, 03:01 PM
No. Maybe tomorrow.

Nope...I'm more likely to skip the meat! :D Is lettuce a no-no for you Rhonda?

Beast_fanatic
04-05-2007, 04:05 PM
No, lettuce is fine for me, it had just gone yucky.

What do you usually do to celebrate an anniversary?

drummerboy
04-05-2007, 04:49 PM
No, lettuce is fine for me, it had just gone yucky.

Anniversary of what, expiration of the lettuce? :D

Dsnygirl
04-05-2007, 04:49 PM
The walk was fantastic! I went to the Kroger to drop off a prescription and saw ducks and playgrounds and lovely wildflowers along the way. Next time I walk there, remind me to take along some cash so I can get something to drink, ok?

Oh, to be able to have such a walk.... :pout: ... just got back from running errands and just about froze to death. :freeze: Doesn't help that I put all our boots and heavy coats away... what was I thinking? Sun and warm weather in April?? :blush: Glad someone is enjoying better weather... I think all our ducks are in hiding. ;)

We usually just go out for dinner and/or a movie - went away to celebrate our 10th to the Finger Lakes for a wine tour, etc., though, which was great!! Trying to convince DH that we really just need to be at WDW for our 13th, since it's 4 days before I'cot's party...
he's just about there, esp. since I reminded him that turning 40 does nasty things to women, or so I've heard... unless they're taken to Disneyworld...:blush:

Forgot a question!! Please forgive the newbie... got to think of one quick... there aren't any great punishments for forgetting a question, are there???:sad:

Beast_fanatic
04-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Anniversary of what, expiration of the lettuce? :D

No, I celebrated that by throwing the lettuce out.

Anniversary of the day hubby and I wed...
I'm pretty sure that we'll just be going out for a steak dinner. Should I have a little bit of cheesecake? Or should I behave?

Dsnygirl
04-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Should I have a little bit of cheesecake? Or should I behave?

I definitely vote for cheesecake... after all, it's only one night... :blush: What kind will you get??

Jasper
04-05-2007, 05:37 PM
So, does anyone know why the Easter Egg was scared?

And no, it isn't because he was about to become part of a Taco Salad without lettuce.:ack:

Jasper
04-05-2007, 05:41 PM

Sure, go ahead and have the cheesecake, we won't tell. Of course you can also share a piece with hubby and that way you get a little taste without as many calories.

Is it time to go home yet?

drummerboy
04-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Forgot a question!! Please forgive the newbie... got to think of one quick... there aren't any great punishments for forgetting a question, are there???:sad:
Muahhahahahahah...

Only if it's cherry cheesecake.

So, does anyone know why the Easter Egg was scared?
It was afraid Jasper had a joke about it?

Dsnygirl
04-05-2007, 06:20 PM

:funny:

Muahhahahahahah...

:tiptoe: :hide2:

Anyone know any diversionary tactics???:blush:

Jasper
04-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Only if it's cherry cheesecake.

Good try but not right.

You know, it depends on what you mean by cheesecake, maybe your husband can provide that for you!!!

So, is it going to be a morgue in here tomorrow with everyone off work?

drummerboy
04-05-2007, 06:29 PM
So, is it going to be a morgue in here tomorrow with everyone off work?
Well, judging by the weather reports, everyone's been in the cooler anyway...

Can someone help me catch that question that just got away from me?

Jasper
04-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Anyone know any diversionary tactics???:blush:

Most of us here have rather short attention spans so a very good diversionary tactic would be to simply put out some cookies or coffee, or better yet both and we will get completely lost in . . .Uh, what was I talking about? Are those cookies and coffee ready yet?

Jasper
04-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Well, judging by the weather reports, everyone's been in the cooler anyway...

Can someone help me catch that question that just got away from me?

Wow, that was a really COOL answer!!!

Is the RV fired up and ready to go? If it is just block the end of the street with it and you should be able to stop that question in its tracks. Or would you prefer we bring out the bologna guns and baffle it to death?

ElenitaB
04-05-2007, 07:42 PM
You guys sell off the smart kids? :eek:

What kind of moment are your having? A senior moment?
Excuse me! :sob:

I got a burrito from Qdoba (but DS didn't want to eat there so I had to wait an hour until we got home in order to eat it. Kinda put me in a bad mood. (Bad mommy.)

Who wants to finish my taxes? I'm still having a hard time getting my hubby to get me the information that I need from him.
I'll do them. Does Ken need to send Guido to have a little talk with your DH?

I just had a meeting with one of our Actuaries -- and she is going on a European Disney Cruise in May for 11 days. How cool would that be???? :sail:
I had only been feeling a little :sick: from nausea, but now I'm green from envy.

Want to go again! I'd love to talk a walk outside (especially where it's not freezing... plus it will help me train for my 5K).

Oh... an umbrella drink!?! What fun! Think of how interesting the walk home would be. :D

Is a salad without lettuce still a salad? I usually —and sadly— have my taco salads without the yummy shell.

I have to work some tomorrow so I'll be around. Anyone else working?

Question: where are our missing members? Mikki, how are the in-laws? Alex.. are you digging out from snow? (I saw flurries today in NYC.) Riri, did we do something wrong?

Dsnygirl
04-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I have to work some tomorrow so I'll be around. Anyone else working?

I'm not working until 11pm, so I'll be around - when I'm working, you guys are usually too sleepy to be here!! :sleepin: Well, at least for the late part of my shift... most of you actually stay up quite late compared to me when I'm home! :blush:

Anyone travelling this weekend??

Jasper
04-05-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm not working until 11pm, so I'll be around - when I'm working, you guys are usually too sleepy to be here!! :sleepin: Well, at least for the late part of my shift... most of you actually stay up quite late compared to me when I'm home! :blush:

Anyone travelling this weekend??

Does a trip from the couch to the dining room table and back count as travelling?

Dsnygirl
04-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Does a trip from the couch to the dining room table and back count as travelling?

Hey, as long as you have to go somewhere to get something, it counts around my house...:D (that is, assuming your dining room table has food - it does have food, doesn't it?? :eat: )

(and that did count as a question, right?? feeling a little paranoid these days... :paranoid: Anyone want more cookies?? )

trackbarroness
04-05-2007, 08:53 PM
May I have Peanut Butter and chocolate chip cookies please? :D
I know rub it in about going to WDW tomorrow. Okay time for lights out and who borrowed my cookie cutter? Oh Scott where did you last use it? :cool:

Nascfan
04-05-2007, 09:42 PM
I know rub it in about going to WDW tomorrow. Okay time for lights out and who borrowed my cookie cutter? Oh Scott where did you last use it? :cool:

I was spray painting shapes on Alex's wall for the demol...renovation project. Do you still want it back?

Blythe, thanks for the cookie distraction. You can buy us off with food anytime.

G'night everyone, sleep tight. I'll be here...I mean at work tomorrow, off Monday.

Beast_fanatic
04-05-2007, 09:54 PM
You know, it depends on what you mean by cheesecake, maybe your husband can provide that for you!!!

Now, that's FUNNY! :funny:

Is a salad without lettuce still a salad? I usually —and sadly— have my taco salads without the yummy shell.

Well, potato salad thinks it's a salad and I don't think it has lettuce in it. I never have the shell on a taco salad either, but sometimes I have some chips to go along with it.

I did have a few bites of cheesecake with white chocolate sauce. :tasty: You still want to walk with me Ellen? :walk: I need to go again to make up for it. Too bad that it's already dark.

Jasper
04-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey, as long as you have to go somewhere to get something, it counts around my house...:D (that is, assuming your dining room table has food - it does have food, doesn't it??

Actually, we won't have much food on our table this weekend. We are not having Easter here at our house, this year we are going to have it at my parent's house. Since my parents live 30 miles away I am afraid the walk might take a while!

Think they will allow me to bring a people bag home for later?

Jasper
04-05-2007, 10:49 PM
I did have a few bites of cheesecake with white chocolate sauce. :tasty: You still want to walk with me Ellen? :walk: I need to go again to make up for it. Too bad that it's already dark.

Let me know what time the walk is and I will see if I can get away to join you in a virtual kind of way.

Are you really sorry it is dark already? I am always glad when I get home and it is dark because I can use that as an excuse to not walk!

Jasper
04-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Surely you haven't all gone to bed already have you?

Oh well, see ya'll in the morning!

ElenitaB
04-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Oh look... they just had a commercial about Nat on TV (Marshall's... anyone else see it?)

Rhonda, I stand (or recline right now to be precise) corrected. Totally forgot about that salad category... how could I forget egg salad, tuna salad and my personal fav: shrimp salad. :tasty:

Do you want peanut butter in your chocolate chip cookies or chocolate chips in your peanut butter cookies?

\You still want to walk with me Ellen? :walk: I need to go again to make up for it. Too bad that it's already dark.'
Sure am! Can we go in the morning?

Let me know what time the walk is and I will see if I can get away to join you in a virtual kind of way.

Are you really sorry it is dark already? I am always glad when I get home and it is dark because I can use that as an excuse to not walk!
That's actually a cool idea! As for the excuse.. I always used to run at dawn. That way it was done and I had a super dose of energy for the rest of the day. It's only hard to get up the first week or two. Then it becomes part of your routine. (End of lecture... I promise. :blush: )

Christine
04-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Jasper you rascal, you weren't kidding when you said you were going to quit using the multi-quote feature to catch up on our race!

Miss Rhonda, was that I whistle I heard being blown???

Blythe, how many nights a week do you work? When do you sleep with two little ones at home?

Ellen, I am feeling much better today! How about you???

Beast_fanatic
04-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Surely you haven't all gone to bed already have you?

Oh well, see ya'll in the morning!

Nope, not yet. I was off trying to plan my October :mickey: trip. :D

Sure am! Can we go in the morning?

That's actually a cool idea! As for the excuse.. I always used to run at dawn. That way it was done and I had a super dose of energy for the rest of the day. It's only hard to get up the first week or two. Then it becomes part of your routine. (End of lecture... I promise. :blush: )

OK! I don't like to get up too early though - particularly on my days off. How does 10am CDT sound? Of course, it may rain tomorrow and it's not going to be as warm and I did walk a long way today... :blush:

ElenitaB
04-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Had a real set back at work (vis a vis my cancer advocacy work this week) but have recovered fully. So I'm feeling a lot better in many ways. Gearing up for a CT scan on Monday... trying to remain very Zen about it. So glad to hear you're doing better!:thumbsup:

Nope, not yet. I was off trying to plan my October :mickey: trip. :D

OK! I don't like to get up too early though - particularly on my days off. How does 10am CDT sound? Of course, it may rain tomorrow and it's not going to be as warm and I did walk a long way today... :blush:
Well, we can get a real walk in, in October! :walk:

In the meantime, can you wait until 11:00? That will be my 12:00 and I can walk during my lunch break with you. Throw in one of those umbrella breaks we have to remind you to bring money for, and it's a deal! :high5:

Who has stale bread for me and Rhonda to feed the ducks on our walk?

alpro2
04-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Question: where are our missing members? Mikki, how are the in-laws? Alex.. are you digging out from snow? (I saw flurries today in NYC.) Riri, did we do something wrong?
Riri has been down in Fla visiting her folks. I was out an about today, then went down to NYC with some old friends. Had dinner and drinks.

What a party I missed around here yesterday. Any leftovers?

Dsnygirl
04-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Blythe, how many nights a week do you work? When do you sleep with two little ones at home?

Hi Christine! I missed you yesterday! :) I usually work 3 nts/wk from 7p-7a, although I occas. pick up an extra 11p-7a for the overtime. (i.e. Disney $$...:blush: ) My little ones are actually both in school now - full-day kind. & 3rd grade - so I get to sleep from 8:30-3:30 most days after working, and still have 3-4 days/week to myself. Works out pretty nicely, esp. for summer and school breaks! Little tiring once in awhile... I think I help keep Starbucks and DD in business...:mcoffee:

What a party I missed around here yesterday. Any leftovers?

Not many on my end - didn't you save us a doggie bag from dinner in NYC?? Must've been better than what we had up here...

Anybody else wake up to it looking like Christmas rather than Easter this morning?? :snowball: :ack:

mtown71
04-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Morning all!!!! I finally have a few moments to stop by & say hi. Work is still pretty busy but the good news is: I get to start training a new x-ray tech next week!!! Yee ha!:D Seems like I have been missing a lot. I miss being on here. I am sure I will get a lot of time to be on here when my tonsils get yanked. (since my loving sis won't be here to entertain me!)
Does anyone remember me?:blush:

Jasper
04-06-2007, 09:33 AM

So you say you are feeling better today does that mean your fingers were numb yesterday and couldn't feel things does it?

Seriously, I am glad you are feeling better!

Nascfan
04-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Ok, I've got two :ill: females at home. Would anyone mind if I came to stay with you over the weekend until they're well?

Good morning whoever of our gang is here! :hi:

disneydrmr
04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Morning all!!!! I finally have a few moments to stop by & say hi. Work is still pretty busy but the good news is: I get to start training a new x-ray tech next week!!! Yee ha!:D Seems like I have been missing a lot. I miss being on here. I am sure I will get a lot of time to be on here when my tonsils get yanked. (since my loving sis won't be here to entertain me!)
Does anyone remember me?:blush:

Why do you need me to be there to entertain you? You have two cute loving dachsunds that do a great job of entertaining!

Ok, I've got two :ill: females at home. Would anyone mind if I came to stay with you over the weekend until they're well?

Good morning whoever of our gang is here! :hi:

What kind of DH and father are you? You should be more than happy to stay home and take care of your two sick ladies! You should be waiting on them hand and foot! BUT.. if you really don't wanna deal with two sick females - you can come stay at my house and help my DH take care of me! Between the two of you I"m sure you can get my house cleaned, shop for my groceries, get me 7-up and all that - what do you think?

Nascfan
04-06-2007, 11:21 AM
What kind of DH and father are you? You should be more than happy to stay home and take care of your two sick ladies! You should be waiting on them hand and foot! BUT.. if you really don't wanna deal with two sick females - you can come stay at my house and help my DH take care of me! Between the two of you I"m sure you can get my house cleaned, shop for my groceries, get me 7-up and all that - what do you think?

I think I'll pass. Thanks anyway.
Will it ever warm up again? It seems every forecast has us getting colder.

Beast_fanatic
04-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I know you were all jealous of my lovely temperatures yesterday, but you really didn't have to send the cold air this way. We're going to have a high in the 50's today and in the 40's tomorrow! This is quite a jolt from the 80's that we had last week. Brrrr!

Sorry that I missed our walk Ellen. I didn't realize we had moved the time until after the time had passed. :blush: Of course, I still haven't gotten out for a walk yet... :blush: I did go to Target though.

What should I have for lunch? I still don't have any lettuce, so I'm thinking taco salad is out. I do have some frozen fish in the freezer, but I'm not sure I want that. :unsure:

Christine
04-06-2007, 01:27 PM
I know you were all jealous of my lovely temperatures yesterday, but you really didn't have to send the cold air this way. We're going to have a high in the 50's today and in the 40's tomorrow! This is quite a jolt from the 80's that we had last week. Brrrr!

What should I have for lunch? I still don't have any lettuce, so I'm thinking taco salad is out. I do have some frozen fish in the freezer, but I'm not sure I want that. :unsure:

It is a bit cool here in the Lone Star state ain't it??? 36 degrees tonight! The wind is BITTER!

As for lunch, you can join me in a turkey sandwich on whole wheat...I got my bloodwork back and my cholesterol was high. I WILL nip this in the bud! Guess my breakfast contributions will be Cheerios or oatmeal too from now on! :sick: