PDA

View Full Version : Filing Complaints or Compliments?

GrumpyFan
03-30-2007, 05:51 PM
I was reading and responding to the post, Is Disney Clean? (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=100507) and it made me wonder about the filing of complaints and/or compliments? Have you ever filed a complaint or a compliment, and what was it for?

merlinmagic4
03-30-2007, 06:29 PM
I sent lots of compliments after our Make a Wish trip in 2003. I believe they left me a phone message but I can't seem to remember details...:confused: It would take a lot for me to write a complaint. I like compliment letters much better :thumbsup:

SgtTigger
03-30-2007, 07:19 PM
I have done both............... Several times.....

:cop: :tigger:

dolphinmickey9170
03-30-2007, 07:31 PM
A compliment for Paul our boat driver for our Wishes! wedding cruise. He is:number1: !!

Bringonthemouse!
03-30-2007, 11:14 PM
I am big on compliment letters/comments. In this day and age I find people complain way to much. I am of the positive mind-set, it would take a lot for me to file a complaint anywhere, especially WDW.
:mickey:

Christine
03-30-2007, 11:17 PM
I've done both. But I had a much better time writing the compliments! And it took a LOT to push me over the edge enough to write the complaint!

conorsmom2000
03-30-2007, 11:28 PM
I have also done both - the complaint letter only because I was really pushed to complete frustration. Compliment letters I have sent a few times and I love being able to do that. I think both are important - if you have a problem, then Disney should know. But, if you got great service, they should know that too! :mickey:

mttafire
03-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Compliment YES, complaint NO. We always have a great time at Disney. I just dont understand the need to complain.:confused: I understand some have. Even outside of Disney im really not into complaining..:shrug:

mttafire
03-30-2007, 11:43 PM
I am big on compliment letters/comments. In this day and age I find people complain way to much. I am of the positive mind-set, it would take a lot for me to file a complaint anywhere, especially WDW.
:mickey:

This could have been my reply..Agreed 100%.:mickey:

merlinmagic4
03-31-2007, 07:00 AM
This could have been my reply..Agreed 100%.:mickey:

I agree 110%. It seems like I am always hearing that someone complained and got something free. It bugs me when people complain to get something but not when it is justified. Sometimes you just need to let things go and move on.

Goes4FastPass
03-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Disney loves compliments but all accounts - including the 'Unofficial Guide...' likens complaining to Disney to shouting at a stone.

We fans of the 'magic' often forget what a gigantic corporation the Walt Disney Company is.

CraniumCommando
03-31-2007, 01:39 PM
I have done both, once each.

I sent a letter about a wonderful cast member who helped us out once. And recently I sent a letter complaining about guests cutting in line and the lack of response from cast members.

I go no response from the compliment, but a phone call for the complaint. The caller apologized and said that steps would be taken to help with the line cutting problem.

I guess I'll find out on my next visit if that is true. :thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
03-31-2007, 07:23 PM
I have also done both...more compliments than complaints thank goodness!

The compliments were for great service. The complaint was for the worst service I have ever experienced anyplace, not just at Disney. To make a long story short, we spent $350 for one night at Bordwalk for my parents 30th anniversary, and they were put in a room that hadn't been cleaned in a long time (mold on the walls, hair in the beds, and toothpaste in the sink) when they asked for a manager, the person who responded was very rude, and told my parents that if they didn't like it, they could leave, but they couldn't do anything about it. I wrote a letter explaining the situation, and got a response almost right away. I didn't want any thing monetary, just wanted someone to know it was a problem, but the person who responded insisted that they would refund part of the room cost, and send a lovely appology.

disneyfan1124
03-31-2007, 07:24 PM
I've done both.

Complaint: 3rd trip with DH, first trip with Mom.--stayed at a value resort and had the worst service I've ever had on a number of counts. Check in; dining; guest services; buses; and housekeeping. I was detailed in my letter, with names/dates/times and received a phone call from Disney. They assured me that measures would be taken to improve, although I'll never know b/c I'll never go back to said resort!

Compliment: 4th trip with DH: the CM's at the Watercress Cafe (Buena Vista Palace, formerly known as Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa)--sent detailed letter about exceptional service from 3 CM's in particular. Turns out they were recognized in the company news letter and received awards for excellent service! We make sure we stop in there for at least one meal each trip as those folks have always been great to us!

KayDee
04-01-2007, 09:30 AM
We have only ever complained once when mouse keeping left our hotel door open after they were done cleaning it. Complaing however did nothing for us but made us more upset because nobody cared.

On the other side we love everything Disney and should compliment much more because that is how we feel.