PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental Tips/Discounts

Milan23
03-30-2007, 04:00 PM
We are flying into Orlando in October and taking a weekend to visit family in Port Charlotte before spending almost a week at WDW. I have looked at all of the car rental sites and searched for discounts, and the best discount I have found is either a class upgrade or about $25 off the total bill. I am looking at about $350 for a mid-sized car for 10 days.

Is this the best rate I’m going to get, or does anyone have any ideas on how to get a cheaper rate?

Thanks!

KathyMO
03-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Go to Dollar and click on specials. Use Promo Code KISS2. This is a general public code. It gave me a rate of $286.72 for a midsize. I used it for our trip coming up in April and it saved us around $140 for a minivan.

Kathy

E-OR
03-30-2007, 04:41 PM
We are going to be in Orlando September for 9 days. We will be renting a car from National and it started at 350.00 and now it is down to 245.00. I just call about once a month and it has gone down two times since the first time I called. We are also getting a mid-size car. I like National because it is at the airport and is easy to rent from. Check in to getting a Emerald club card, that can save you some money.

KylesMom
03-30-2007, 04:51 PM
I began pricing rental cars from National in December, and started with a $645 rate for 15 days. Outrageous! No way I was booking that. Well, a few weeks ago I re-priced through my Emerald Aisle membership, and the rate was down to $420. Naturally I booked the mid-size car.

After National sent me an e-coupon a few days ago, our rate is $375 - or $25 a day for an Intermediate. As E-OR mentioned, just keep checking back with them. I believe the Emerald Aisle card is free now, so I would take the time & complete the membership form. Make certain to indicate you want to receive e-mails & special offers for them. I should add that you may not find any real good deals until a bit closer to your trip.

Happy Planning!:mickey:

KathyMO
03-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Both Dollar and National are at the airport. I like both and use whichever has the lowest price. I wish Dollar had something like National's Emearld Aisle but for a saving like our April trip I can spend a few minutes at the Dollar counter.:mickey:

Kathy

merlinmagic4
03-30-2007, 07:19 PM
The KISS2 rate really works. I started with over 600.00 for a minivan (school vacation week) and it dropped to 250 (with all fees) with that code. I was on top of the world that day :cloud9:

Milan23
03-31-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the great tips, I will definitely check these out. The only other times I rented a car were for work, where I didn't choose the most expensive option, but I certainly didn't spend days trying to find cheaper deals.

Thanks for all your help!

Through the looking Glass
04-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Cheapest deal I found was with the KISS2 code. There is another web site that lists codes. After checking each one, the dollar code was the best. Rental prices change (some daily), If you have a personal preference I would continue to check back with that carrier. We have done well in the past with National Emerald Isle, It was nice just to walk up and pick out a car without going to the counter. Their prices were about 100$ more than the Dollar code this year.

merlinmagic4
04-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Cheapest deal I found was with the KISS2 code. There is another web site that lists codes. After checking each one, the dollar code was the best. Rental prices change (some daily), If you have a personal preference I would continue to check back with that carrier. We have done well in the past with National Emerald Isle, It was nice just to walk up and pick out a car without going to the counter. Their prices were about 100$ more than the Dollar code this year.

Yes, you were the one who passed it on to me!! That was a great day!! Thanks again!! Our trips are almost here!!