PDA

View Full Version : What sit-down would you recommend solo?

ChewyStriker
03-30-2007, 03:25 PM
For those who have traveled solo - are there any sit down restaurants you'd recommend to a single traveler?

Only two weeks to go!:cloud9:

Dicecatt262
03-30-2007, 03:35 PM
San Angels Inn might be a nice spot, it has great atmosphere and is fairly quiet. Teppanyaki (not sure when it is closing, it might already be closed) would be good because you sit with other people anyway. Marakesh might be fun too, cool atmosphere, try to time it to the belly dancer appearance.

Dopey's Girl
03-30-2007, 04:31 PM
I ate at Liberty Tree Tavern alone and it was quite nice! They have some pretty out of the way tables, and it was nice to just sit and watch the world go by on a day in MK!

tron80
03-30-2007, 05:49 PM
The Epcot resort area restaurants are also great for solos. Some examples:Flying Fish cafe & Spoodles at the Boardwalk,Beaches and Cream at Beach club.

Flying Fish and Beaches & Cream have counter seating.

Marilyn Michetti
03-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Biergarten is picnic seating. If there's one chair left at any table, they will LOVE putting you in it.

It can be nice if you're seated with other "chatty" people, or not so nice if they don't understand that you're "allowed" to be at their table. (yeah, that happens).:blush:

Crow
03-30-2007, 09:14 PM
ive eaten at many places solo (and will again in May) my favs are the WS places. except for Biergarten. Le Cellier, San Angel,9 Dragons, the lounge in Japan, Rose and Crown..
also like Artist Pt.

Master Gracey
03-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Anywhere you want. Isn't that the point of a solo trip?:)

luvindisney
03-31-2007, 03:08 PM
I prefer Sci Fi diner, Flame Tree BBQ and Kona cafe for alone time dining.

disneyfan1124
03-31-2007, 06:40 PM
One of my most favorite solo places to dine is the Grand Floridian Cafe. I always ask to be seated in the rotunda, alone or not, and have always been able to do so. The cafe is very relaxing, service far above standard, and food is wonderful.

I have done the Biergarten in Germany several times and never had a bad experience. Once with a family that wasn't too interested in chatting, but they were worn out!

I can't think of anywhere that I wouldn't be comfortable alone.

AwPhooey
03-31-2007, 07:50 PM
I've only done one solo trip to WDW and I ate at the following places:
- Boma (breakfast)
- Le Cellier (lunch)
- California Grill (dinner)
- Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)
- Kona Cafe (breakfast)

All of those were great places to eat, but LTT was a little awkward as it was a character meal. I was seated amongst several families and one of them invited me to join them (I declined).

LTT and Boma were buffets, so the service was what you'd expect. At all of the others, though, I had excellent, attentive service. I'd definitely recommend solo dining at TS restaurants at WDW; don't just eat at CS restaurants because you think it'll be awkward.

auntfrannie
04-01-2007, 06:19 AM
One of the things I've noticed about dining alone at disney restaurants is that you're never really alone. It seems when the CMs realize that you're dining solo they go out of their way to stop and chat and make you feel welcome. I had a great time at 50s Prime Time Cafe. The server there got me involved with the tables around me so it was lots of fun!