PDA

View Full Version : 11 ADR's but only 9 TS Credits - Where Should I Use Them?

mjaclyn
03-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi all - Here is my dilemma: We have 11 ADR's for Table Service restaurants in WDW but only 9 TS Credits to use. Which of these restaurants would it be best to pay out of pocket?

ADR'S:
Kona Café
California Grill (2TS)
Restaurant Akershus
Rose & Crown
Crystal Palace
Cinderella’s Royal Table (2TS)
Ohana
Le Cellier
Sci-Fi Dine in Theater
50’s Prime Time Café
Coral Reef (Lunch)

Mnchknbrat1982
03-30-2007, 02:45 PM
I would pay for Crystal Palace and Sci Fi out of pocket. You definately want to use the DDP for the Coral Reef!

SBETigg
03-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Akershus, Crystal Palace, or Sci Fi.

KylesMom
03-30-2007, 03:19 PM
I would go with Crystal Palace & Sci-Fi as well.:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
03-30-2007, 03:34 PM
I don't know the answer to this, but would it be cheaper to POOP for Cali Grill and then use those 2 TS credits for 2 other dinner?

kathiep
03-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Sci Fi Theater and 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Dicecatt262
03-30-2007, 04:11 PM
It kind of depends on which meal you are eating at which place. My immediate reaction was pay oop for Kona, but only if it was breakfast or lunch.

What meals are Kona, Sci Fi, Prime Time, and Crystal Palace?

I've got a great excel spreadsheet that is fantastic for calculating costs with the dining plan, I always have more meals planned then credits, I just play with it until I find the cheapest combination. PM me with your email address if you want me to send it to you. I leave in 15 minutes so it might not be until Monday.

Bruegge
03-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Thank Jym for the numbers.

The break even for a ts meal is $24.50, cs $ 11.00 and snack is $2.50 I think..

See how you feel and if your not too hungry.. eat cheap and pay oop at one of your stops. While planning is great, you can decide when to use the plan credits when you arrive at the restaurant or even later in the meal.

I'd save CG for your credits. (I know I differ from other posters) It's the one place you may want to splurge and enjoy ALL the great stuff they have to offer. Disney Signature dining is a big part of our "magic" I'd cut your corners elsewhere..

Scott

Cathy S
03-30-2007, 07:14 PM
We always use our TS for the Signature dining Restaurants and OOP for the smaller meals. I know this isn't what a lot of folks recommend but for us this works out best. That way we can really enjoy the signature dining experience without worrying about the bill, We were were at WDW the last time, we had 7 ts credits and we used 4 of them to eat at the Flying Fish and Citricos. WOW!!! They were the greatest meals and we never regretted using the ts credits for them. All in all I think our OOP expenses for the whole week we were there were less than $250. We felt we got a real deal.

Whatever you decide, I am sure you will really enjoy eating your way through the World!

Niecyboo
03-30-2007, 10:49 PM
You may even find that you can share a meal at some of the non-buffet restaurants. Believe me, you get plenty to eat on the dining plan. By the time you get an appetizer a meal and a dessert, you can be stuffed.

mjaclyn
03-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks for all the advice! Here are the meals we're planning to eat at each TS:

Kona Café (Breakfast)
California Grill (Dinner)
Restaurant Akershus (Dinner)
Rose & Crown (Dinner)
Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
Cinderella’s Royal Table (Dinner)
Ohana (Dinner)
Le Cellier (Dinner)
Sci-Fi Dine in Theater (Lunch)
50’s Prime Time Café (Dinner)
Coral Reef (Lunch)

My initial thoughts are similar to all of yours - I was thinking about paying OOP for Kona, Sci-Fi and Crystal Palace, then sharing a TS Credit with DH for 50's Prime Time and either Le Cellier or Coral Reef. That would give us 2 extra TS Credits and allow us to have everything else on the Dining Plan.

I guess my new question is: out of Coral Reef for lunch, 50's Prime Time Cafe for dinner, Le Cellier for dinner or Rose & Crown for dinner, which two would be the best choices to share a TS credit? Any of these places have larger portions?

Natazu
03-31-2007, 04:04 AM
Thanks for all the advice! Here are the meals we're planning to eat at each TS:

Kona Café (Breakfast)
California Grill (Dinner)
Restaurant Akershus (Dinner)
Rose & Crown (Dinner)
Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
Cinderella’s Royal Table (Dinner)
Ohana (Dinner)
Le Cellier (Dinner)
Sci-Fi Dine in Theater (Lunch)
50’s Prime Time Café (Dinner)
Coral Reef (Lunch)

My initial thoughts are similar to all of yours - I was thinking about paying OOP for Kona, Sci-Fi and Crystal Palace, then sharing a TS Credit with DH for 50's Prime Time and either Le Cellier or Coral Reef. That would give us 2 extra TS Credits and allow us to have everything else on the Dining Plan.

I guess my new question is: out of Coral Reef for lunch, 50's Prime Time Cafe for dinner, Le Cellier for dinner or Rose & Crown for dinner, which two would be the best choices to share a TS credit? Any of these places have larger portions?

I'd plan to share at 50s and Coral Reef. I remember the mahi at CR was big enough share, so was the soup and the dessert.

Kairi_7378
04-01-2007, 09:55 AM
My husband and I thought that the 2TS credits for a meal at the CG was a great deal. This is the type of place where you want to try an appetizer, main course, and dessert, which is not something that we would do if we were paying OOP.

Because I don't eat large lunches as a rule, I paid OOP for those and saved the credits for dinners where I was hungry enough to eat a dinner, side, and dessert!