PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Chefs de France?

Dicecatt262
03-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I just got one of those handy little email Southwest specials, and changed our flights in May to save a little money. The result is we will be arriving in Orlando in the morning instead of late afternoon, so we are going to Epcot. I chose to make an ADR for Chefs de France for a late lunch, any opinions? I like to try different places...and we have Garden Grill booked for that trip already. We've already eaten at San Angels Inn, Teppanyaki, Storybook, Le Cellier. I debated between Biergarten and Chefs de France. Can anyone share their experiences?

DisneyTeen
03-30-2007, 02:31 PM
I just did this same thing for my trip in May, I have never been either, so I would also like to read some reviews...
thanks in advance

bicker
03-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Chefs de France was the best-of-the-best of the dining experiences we enjoyed during our vacation at WDW last month. Our dining included other favorites such as 50s Prime Time Cafe (very fun, very good food), Le Cellier (decent food, loved the pretzel breadsticks), Crystal Palace (remarkably good for a buffet), and Spoodles (outstanding). However, Chefs de France was head-and-shoulders above all the rest, with excellent food and superior service. Dinner is a step-above lunch, of course, but on our visit two years ago, we did have lunch there, and it was also a great experience.

pox24
03-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Better than I thought it would be. I would go again.

Dicecatt262
03-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Wonderful! Thanks for the opions...and Bicker, you just made me anticipate it quite a bit...I've never considered it before because hubby isn't really into French food but this trip is just me and my twins. Very exciting! Of course, I'll spend a lot more than the $30 I saved, lol, but who can complain about adding half a day to Disney...

Maleficent's Dad
03-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Dinner is better than lunch. Both are good, however. Lunch has the "French lunch" with a sandwich, soup, and dessert - this seems to be mass produced and therefore the quality is lacking a bit.

Dinner has always pleased us - not that lunch hasn't - but dinner can be a superb meal, especially considering you're in the middle of a theme park! Good beef & fish, great wines, wonderful desserts... We really appreciate Les Chefs! Great service and food in our experiences! :mickey:

ElenitaB
03-30-2007, 09:51 PM
We (being my DS —9 when we ate there— and myself) really enjoyed lunch at Chef de France and would definitely consider going back. I did have the French Menu offering and enjoyed it quite a bit (might have been that we went on a very slow day and therefore it wasn't really "mass produced"). Enjoy your meal there!

Niecyboo
03-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Personally, we found Chef's to be our most disappointing dining experience (sorry). I do know we went during free dining, and right before we got there they cut way back on the menu. Both of the items I was anticipating were gone. I ended up with a flank steak. It had the largest vein of fat running lengthwise through it, and was covered in a very oniony sauce (that part was sort of my fault. I hate onions, and didn't ask what the sauce was). The side dish was wonderful. I got a sweet potato mouse instead of fries. But they sat it right in the middle of the onion sauce, so half of it was inedible. Even if I'd liked onions, they don't go well with a sweet dish.

They may have gotten better since then, and tweaked the menu. I almost didn't share because I didn't want to burst your bubble, but I also wanted you to know the good and bad.

HockeyKat
04-01-2007, 02:42 AM
We ate dinner there in Jan and were very pleasantly surprised. Great food, good service, awesome experience.

They did scale back their menu for free dining but it is back to full-flavor, at least for now.

DisneyGiant
04-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Dinner is better than lunch. Both are good, however. Lunch has the "French lunch" with a sandwich, soup, and dessert - this seems to be mass produced and therefore the quality is lacking a bit. :mickey:

The French lunch is absolutely delicious - and quite a value for your money - even if it is mass produced! ;)

I'd have never tried the soup or creme brulee otherwise!

We're going this year for dinner. When you go for lunch, you'll probably get to see the chair stacking men. Never gets old!

Niecyboo
04-01-2007, 11:40 PM
To be fair, I went back and looked at the updated menu, and it looks so much better than what we were offered last Aug.

maryt01
04-23-2007, 07:19 PM
sorry . one of my least favs. :ill:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
04-23-2007, 07:26 PM
My husband and I will be trying Chef De France ( at dinner time ) for the first time this November. We'll be booking our dining in 18 days...yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to the restaurant.:mickey:

SBETigg
04-23-2007, 07:29 PM
It used to be my favorite and we had wonderful experiences. It was our one "must-do" WDW dining experience. Then, the last time we went we all had pretty bad meals that couldn't make up for the nice atmosphere and good service. This time, we're not going back. I hope the bad experience was a fluke, but I'm not willing to try again yet. Still, I wouldn't discourage others from trying it. When it's good, it's very very good and I've heard some reviews that would indicate it is back to being good.

illini
04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
OK, I must say after reading these reviews that I am *quite* pleased. I actually expected them to be all pretty bad-- not sure why.

I let my DD8 choose our Epcot dinners and she picked this (and Marrakesh, with some mommy prodding!). I've been dreading making the ADR, let alone eating there. I won't say I'm 100% excited now, but feeling much better about it. I love French food and am glad to hear that there's at least a good chance of a lovely dining experience!

Crow
04-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Dinner is better than lunch. Both are good, however. Lunch has the "French lunch" with a sandwich, soup, and dessert - this seems to be mass produced and therefore the quality is lacking a bit.

Dinner has always pleased us - not that lunch hasn't - but dinner can be a superb meal, especially considering you're in the middle of a theme park! Good beef & fish, great wines, wonderful desserts... We really appreciate Les Chefs! Great service and food in our experiences! :mickey:
my last time at Chefs a few trips ago had the "French Lunch" wasnt too great.
but i had previously had a very good meal there. usually do lunches to save $$$ but im trying the dining plan so i might try it again this yr

May524
04-23-2007, 11:43 PM
:number1: I just made a trip there for DH and I. From the mixed reviews, I hope we like it!
We are excited to try something "new"

Bruegge
04-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Trying Chefs for the first time late May.

We ate at the Bistro upstairs in 1989 (yes, I am old) for lunch.. In '89 it was open for lunch.

One of the best meals I've had at that time. Now with children 8,3 the word here and the "No Kids Menu" hint at the bistro made us go downstairs to the Chefs..

We will let you know in June

Scott

lightyearfan
04-24-2007, 01:48 PM
we ate at Le Chefs last year for the first time and let me tell you that it was so good that it was the first ADR that we made for our upcoming trip. The service along with the food is top notch you won't be disappointed

Victor

mdricks
04-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Tres Bon!

I had dinner there and i found it to be a great experience from a food point of view. I thought the tables were a little close and the service was not the best (not bad mind you just not the best). I would eat there again without hesitiation. Les Escargot were especially tasty. :number1:

jacknsally02
04-24-2007, 06:56 PM
I've eaten at both and liked both very much. germany is a buffet and the show is nice. Chefs has great food and atmosphere.

denygold
04-27-2007, 07:41 PM
My wife chose Chefs on our last trip, I went with low expectations- but, it was the best meal of our trip ! I had roasted chicken and a pureed vege soup that were both unbelievable !
The theming is good, but it is very noisy when busy.

TheRustyScupper
04-28-2007, 12:05 PM
1) I recommend Chefs and Bistro before any other Epcot eateries.
2) I think the service and food are better than others.
3) In the case of Bistro, superior to all others.
4) You shouldn't be disappointed in Lunch at Chefs.