PDA

View Full Version : Disney's "National Treasure" sequel

caryrae
03-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Mirren joining Treasure hunt

By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK
Variety
March 29, 2007

Oscar winner Helen Mirren is leaving behind the royals for Disney's action-adventure sequel "National Treasure: The Book of Secrets," now filming.

Ed Harris is also a new addition to the cast, led by Nicolas Cage, who reprises his role as the treasure-hunting Ben Gates. Jerry Bruckheimer Films is producing.

Studio will release the pic Dec. 21.

Mirren will play Emily Appleton, Gates' mother. Harris plays the villain.

Sequel takes up as Cage's character tries to clear his family name from being implicated in the murder of Abraham Lincoln, sending him on a global adventure that includes finding a missing treasure.

Pic is being shot in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., London and Paris.

In addition to Cage, sequel reunites director Jon Turteltaub with thesps Diane Kruger, who reprises the role of Abigail Chase, and Justin Bartha, who once again plays sidekick Riley Poole. Jon Voight and Harvey Keitel are also returning.

Last month, Mirren picked up the Academy Award for actress for her performance in "The Queen."

Wells
03-30-2007, 02:29 PM
I've also heard that parts of this will be filmed at Mt. Rushmore.....

Camping Mom
04-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Can't wait...loved the first one.:thumbsup:

Clotho
04-02-2007, 01:01 AM
Can't wait...loved the first one.:thumbsup:

Me, too! I hope it's a good one. The first one surprised me with how enjoyable it was. I have since seen it 4-5 times, and see something new to appreciate every time.

Granny Jill A
04-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Me three! I loved the first movie, and Cage and Bartha play off each other so well.

Can't wait to see it!

Bill George
04-03-2007, 04:35 PM
I wonder if the sequal will continue with the strong Masonic overtone?

rsumrall
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM
the first movie was surprisingly delightful! I hope the second one continues in the same vein.

Clotho
04-04-2007, 10:14 PM
I wonder if the sequal will continue with the strong Masonic overtone?

If Harvey Keitel is returning, I would think so, since Keital played the surprise Masonic bigwig in the first one...

dumbo ears
04-05-2007, 12:07 AM
this will probably be a good movie like the first one

GusNJacque
04-05-2007, 12:28 AM
A couple of mornings this week when I first get up at 5:30 or so they mention that they are filming. I think they try to finish alot of the exterior stuff before rush hour.

From the Washington Post 3/27/07-Reliable Source Column:

And Don't Forget the Lincoln Memorial

Another big movie shoot has come to town, just in time for the cherry blossoms and thunderstorms -- and unlike most recent Hollywood visitors, this team plans to stick around for a while.

"National Treasure: Book of Secrets" -- a sequel to Nicolas Cage's 2004 blockbuster Archives thriller -- set up shop yesterday and will be here until April 16, shooting at classic postcard-Washington vistas including the Mall, the Library of Congress and Georgetown. The plot has something to with missing pages from John Wilkes Booth's diary.

It's unclear which of Cage's co-stars (Diane Kruger, Jon Voight, Harvey Keitel) will also be here, but District officials are thrilled with the length of the shoot -- the longest D.C. stay for a major movie since Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig descended for an epic six weeks in the fall of '05.

I work in the Capitol complex so I have been keeping an eye out for them at the Library.

CandleontheWater
04-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Yea!! :party: My husband and I really loved National Treasure so we're really looking forward to a sequal. I'm also really happy so many in the original cast are returning, they all meshed very well together. Its also really great that its coming out in December, because DH will be back from his deployment by then, and we'll be able to see it together :cloud9:

Jasper
04-15-2007, 10:13 PM
It's great to see them doing another movie based on a true story. It was great to see them reveal where the great treasure is located in the first movie. I just wonder when all the treasures are going to start showing up in museums?:D :D :D

Just kidding of course! I really enjoyed the first one as well but was amazed at how many people swear that the whole issue of the masons having a hidden treasure and leaving clues as to its location is true. Just like the whole flap over The De Vinci Code. While I agree that it is fun to imagine these things to be real, how can you believe these things to be real when even the authors say they are nothing but a work of fiction?

pianobabe
05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I had heard some rumors about a sequel, so I am very excited after finding this post. It sounds like it is a done deal. This was an excellent movie. All three of us (DH-34, DS-15, and myself-??) all loved it. Cage is an incredible actor. I don't think I have seen him in anything I didn't like.

Mickey91
05-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Can't wait to see it!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
05-15-2007, 09:57 PM
I can't wait!!:thumbsup: The original is absolutely wonderful! It is one of my all-time favorites!:mickey:

Figgyluv03
05-16-2007, 12:23 PM
I can't wait! I bought the first one as soon as it came out on DVD even though I didn't see it in theater. I knew I would like it before I even saw it. I love history and I love how they linked everything together.

ASweetLov
05-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Loved the first one, cant wait for the second one:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: