PDA

View Full Version : New T-Rex reasturant DTD

caryrae
03-30-2007, 12:36 PM
New multi level reasurant to opening in DTD 2008. Looks really cool. The man making the reasurant also came up with the Rainforest Cafe.

Here is a little video about the T-Rex reasturant from a local news report.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/s41442.shtml

xipetotec
03-30-2007, 01:12 PM
New multi level reasurant to opening in DTD 2008. Looks really cool. The man making the reasurant also came up with the Rainforest Cafe.

I *SO* hope this is open by March 2008!!!! :confused:

Marker
03-30-2007, 02:15 PM
You can stop by Kansas City and check out the one that's already open. It's pretty cool.

Bill George
03-31-2007, 05:33 PM
I am so looking forward to this place! I am just worried that if one of these dinosaurs get hungry, will they eat your food? I mean... I don't know that I would argue with a dinosaur. :D

Christine
03-31-2007, 05:58 PM
This looks really cute.

ariel03
03-31-2007, 07:31 PM
Tell me what you think. DH said since there are rumors that DQ is going out that this new T-Rex resturant will probably be going in there in it's place. It works out well cause it is already a multi leveled building that is already built.:thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
03-31-2007, 09:25 PM

DH and I really enjoyed the video. Thanks :thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-01-2007, 12:23 AM
:cool:

My boys will love it. Not too sure about my daughter, though. ;)

Jeremy
04-01-2007, 01:25 AM
that looks cool!:cool:
Thanks for the linK:thumbsup:

Bill George
04-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Tell me what you think. DH said since there are rumors that DQ is going out that this new T-Rex resturant will probably be going in there in it's place. It works out well cause it is already a multi leveled building that is already built.:thumbsup:

It sounds like you may be on to something. I never liked DQ anyway. A Dino Restaraunt would be more fun. Also, being on the other side of DTD from the Rainforest would make sense.

xipetotec
04-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Posted this in dining, but I got a response from Steve Schussler:

We are working diligently on our T-Rex design for Downtown Disney and will be starting construction in a couple of months - opening some time summer of 2008 and will look forward to having you visit when we open. For right now, you can visit us in Kansas City, KS, at The Legends at Village West.

WEDTOPIA
04-02-2007, 07:53 PM

Schussler's official web-site says it's going somewhere in the Marketplace. This may or may not be accurate , but there currently isn't any available room to build a restaurant of this size there. The rumours about Disney Quest , however ,have flown before , but I really don't think Disney would have sunk a few million dollars into it , just 2 years ago , if they were planning on closing it. I'm betting that it stays.

:mickey:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
04-02-2007, 08:55 PM
The T-REX Cafe sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see it in person. My husband and I love the Rainforest Cafe and I know we'll love this new rest. opening in 2008...:joy:

disneygeek18
04-03-2007, 01:04 AM
TREX is AMAZING!!! I live about 30 min away and it is intense. It's like Rainforest times 10, w/ Dinos. However that being said, it's not big enough to fill in all the space of Disney Quest and I doubt that set up would work even if they wanted to make it huge...it would be easier to just start a building from scratch. I do love this restaurant though, and I love that ours is the first!

Granny Jill A
04-03-2007, 01:29 PM

I hope they do use the old DQ space for T-Rex. That would be awesome.

Also hope they set aside a section that's a little quieter than the screaming dinosaurs, hurtling meteors, belching volcanos, etc. It's all fun for a while, but trying to eat and hold a conversation is impossible.

WEDTOPIA
04-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Update : Latest news has the T- Rex being placed near McDonalds ,utilizing part of the DD parking lot. Can anyone substantiate this ?

:mickey:

4ubie1
04-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Looks like fun. I can't wait to see it when it is finished. Thanks for the info.:D

Figment!
04-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Update : Latest news has the T- Rex being placed near McDonalds ,utilizing part of the DD parking lot. Can anyone substantiate this ?That's actually the location reported when the restaurant was first announced ...