PDA

View Full Version : Info please

jmgall
03-30-2007, 11:57 AM
I was wondering about the enviroment at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I have an ADR and was wondering what it is like. I don't want the fun spoiled, but what to know a little about the atmosphere. Read a couple bad reviews here.:confused:
Thanks

King Triton
03-30-2007, 12:39 PM
The main thing to remember is that WCC is not the place to go if you want a quiet meal. It tends to get loud and there's a lot more interaction between the staff and the guests than you normally get.

I've found the food to be quite good...not necessarily great, but its more the experience you go for than anything else. The platter most people get is all you can eat...so you definitely won't leave hungry.

Go with the mindset of having a fun meal, rather than a serious dinner and you'll have a good time.

And, of course, don't forget to ask for the ketchup!

ThanxForNoticin
03-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Whispering Canyon is a very fun dining experience. Like mentioned above, it is not a place for a quiet evening, though. If you are looking for a good time with good food, go enjoy yourself. There will be lots of kids and many fun cast members.

DVC2004
03-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Ditto! This place is not quiet. Also if you or someone in your party is painfully shy or very easily embarrassed you may want to reconsider. It is fun, but you definitely have to go with a sense of humor.

The food was OK. The shakes are very good. We never had the all you care to eat deal. We had nachos and steak. Both were average. I would say this is one of those places you go for the experience rather than the meals.

Piglet822
03-30-2007, 04:50 PM
And, of course, don't forget to ask for the ketchup!

I ended up with 17 bottles (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2115338150032190626gTMhRF)!!!!!

I had breakfast at WCC this past Sunday. It was my first experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course one of my friends decided he was going to try and get me in trouble with the waitress because I was wearing a Busch Gardens shirt :eek:

But I agree with the other posters, if you're looking for a nice quiet meal I would not recommend WCC.

vamaggie
03-30-2007, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=Piglet822;1240488]I ended up with 17 bottles (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2115338150032190626gTMhRF)!!!!!

Only 17?!?!?!?!?! Last time (2004) we went my DS ended up with about 35! The entire table was covered! We love the WCC but I agree it is not for the quiet dining crowd. The food was good and the kids loved it. We also loved spending time in the WL lobby/property after dinner. We love this resort!

KylesMom
03-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Jeanne, I can't believe this was your first trip there!!!

Our first experience at WCC was a complete hit with DH and DS this past July . . . so much so that I was asked to cancel one of our dinners at Ohana if we could get into WCC for a second dinner (don't worry, we had ressies for other nights). Thank goodness they could accommodate us! DH, although not real social, even got into the act with wooden nickels.

Interaction with our servers was great, and DS loved that he could get away with alot of things at the table that he otherwise could not do at home. We walked out of the place both times absolutely STUFFED after eating the all-you-can-eat skillet. It took us awhile to digest, but we took the opportunity to explore our resort. Try to schedule your meal when you do not have time constraints. With the kid and adult participation, your meal will definitely take you longer than usual to finish!:mickey:

jmgall
03-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the input, it will just be my husband and I, but he can be pretty playful, so it sounds like something we should experience at least once. I hoe it enjoys himself enough that we can come back again.:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
03-30-2007, 09:34 PM
The WCC is a great place. Food is not gourmet, but the restaurant is all about atmosphere - and it ain't a quiet atmosphere at that! ;)

There are a lot of fun aspects to the restaurant - just do a search here on Intercot to find them out. Two of the more prominent ones: ask for ketchup and ask for a "large" drink! :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-30-2007, 10:09 PM
We went for a late lunch and actually had a pretty quite lunch. I think the servers were tired by then. That was fine though, because the food was good so it was worth going.

Willowwind
03-31-2007, 12:45 PM
It's fun, not quiet at all, and I agree about not going if anyone in the party is shy.

It's good "down home" type food. I LOVE the meatloaf there, it's just about the only place I'll eat meatloaf outside of our house.

King Triton
04-02-2007, 12:21 PM
We went for a late lunch and actually had a pretty quite lunch. I think the servers were tired by then. That was fine though, because the food was good so it was worth going.

I found the servers to be quite a bit more reserved at lunchtime. I think if you'd like to experience, in Mission:Space terminology, a "green" version of WCC, lunch might not be a bad idea. Dinner, of course, would be the "orange" version.