PDA

View Full Version : Im buying my first home today!!

DizNee143
03-30-2007, 11:49 AM
at 2:30pm today me and my fiance will be closing on a one bedroom condo!!
im exicted but also VERY nervous!! its going to be so weird not living with my parents anymore..its gonna take me a while to get use to that..and also this may seem weird..but i feel bad leaving my parents...my sister just moved out in Oct and now when i leave its just gonna be them two...i feel bad ill be leaving them alone...is that weird? i know in one way they will be happy to just have it be them two again but i know they will be sad cuz their "baby" is leaving..
im also nervous about actually affording the condo...i know we can do it...we are just gonna have to cut corners.. ALOT!!
and truthfully this all kinda scares me!! its nice talking about it and what not...but actually going through with it...wow scary!!
and i hope the closing goes ok later...

offwego
03-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Good luck with your closing!

It's a big step but I'm sure your going to be great at being a homeowner.

And your parents will be fine with it, (not saying they won't be a little sad) the biggest satisfaction for a parent is raising a smart capable adult..and it sure sounds like you've made some good choices!

DVC2004
03-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Congrats and good luck! It's so sweet that you feel a little sad for your parents! I felt bad for my mom when I moved out, too. But everything will work out and they (and you) will be just fine!

MsMin
03-30-2007, 12:11 PM
:Congrats: to you both. It's always so exciting to buy your first house.
I understand that worry you feel. Funny many ppl don't worry about paying rent-- which is often more for less house. We know we need a roof over our heads but when it comes to a mortgage we feel a little more obligated. You'll do fine and before you know it the payment seems smaller and smaller.
Again best of luck.

kakn7294
03-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Congrats on your new home! It's a big, scary step but you'll be amazed at how easily you'll adjust. Just watch your budget until you get settled and you'll learn how much you need to cut corners. My suggestion to you is to set up an account with at least 2 months payments in it - more if you can - and make automatic payments from this account if you can - just be sure to keep enough money in it at all times!

Bethis26fan
03-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Congrats! I'm sure you will feel better in a few weeks when everything settles down.

murphy1
03-30-2007, 02:19 PM
That is so exciting!! I agree about keeping extra $$ in the pot when you can, just in case! You are going to do great. Most of us are nervous about that move and before you know it, you can't remember not being on your own!

Dsnygirl
03-30-2007, 03:50 PM
:congrats: Your closing must be over by now, and you are probably ready to celebrate - congrats on the new house - I'm sure you and your fiance are going to do great!! sounds like you are off to a fabulous beginning!!:thumbsup:

SodaPopMGK
03-30-2007, 05:04 PM
:congrats: on your new home.

Jasper
03-30-2007, 05:11 PM
..and also this may seem weird..but i feel bad leaving my parents...my sister just moved out in Oct and now when i leave its just gonna be them two...i feel bad ill be leaving them alone...is that weird? i know in one way they will be happy to just have it be them two again but i know they will be sad cuz their "baby" is leaving..

Good luck with the house and try to keep your feet on the ground and things will work out for you. That doesn't mean it will be easy but you sound like you have your head screwed on the right way so you should be fine.

As for your parents, I know this is going to sound cold and cruel, but the best thing you can do is to just make the break and don't look back. Now that doesn't mean you should cut yourself off from your parents but since they appear to have raised a sensible person like yourself they know that this is just the normal progression of life. Invite them over for dinner often and visit them often and everything will work.

Dixie Springs
03-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Congrats!! It's a great feeling.

vizsla
03-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Congratulations

alpro2
03-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Congrats on your new home! :marg:

Damon18
03-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new place!:thumbsup:

DizNee143
03-31-2007, 08:28 AM
well the closing went great...and i am offically a homeowner now!!! :D
went to the condo last night and brought over stuff ive had piling up in my parents living room...so ya..i dont think it has really hit me yet that its mine..but im sure it will once i get my first mortgage payment!! lol... :mickey:

merlinmagic4
03-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! That is very exciting!

ChipnDaleGal
03-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Congratulations! One of the most exhilerating and terrifying steps that you can take! :thumbsup:

Jeremy
03-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Congrats!!:mickey:

Christine
03-31-2007, 10:01 AM
Congratulations!!!

Don't worry, the fear will fade and you'll realize you're going to be just fine!

And your folks will be fine, too!

Bethanymouse
04-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Congrats to you! I am sure purchasing a first place is very stressful! We arent there yet, still living with my parents (him in the basement, me upstairs) saving money for a house. It is very expensive, especially in NJ. Just remember to enjoy the moments and keep clipping those coupons! Best of luck!

ElenitaB
04-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Congratulations on your new home! That is such awesome news!

:pixie: for many years of happiness there!