PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fling 2007 - Pre-Trip Report

Mickey'sGirl
03-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Me: Jennifer - Galactic Hero, holder of all bags, and keeper of datebook containing all plans
DH: Brian (CanadianWDWFan) – my partner in crime for 14 married years (on Apr 17) and numerous WDW adventures!
DS8: Harry – seasoned WDW veteran, lover of the shooting gallery and arcades – usually patient and accommodating older sibling.
DS3: Euan – knows his way around the parks – fan of Splash, Test Track, TTA and Spaceship Earth. “If he’s not running; he’s asleep!”

Port Orleans French Quarter (home!) – April 20 – April 29, 2007

Day 1
We will drive to Buffalo to fly via Air Tran to Orlando (for about 1/3 the cost of flying from Toronto). Our flight is at 2:46pm and due to arrive in Orlando at 5:23.
We will pick up our rental car on the airport, and then head over to POFQ to check in and meet Cousin Pogo and his Patti at the bar at 7:00. We will be dining with them over at Boatwright’s on their anniversary none-the-less! I can’t wait to meet them! Other than dinner, we have no plans for the rest of the evening – although I am sure the boys will be itching to go swimming!

Day 2
We plan on hitting MGM bright and early. Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster was closed during our trip in January – so Harry is quite anxious to ride it “For sure, Mom!”. I might forgo both RnR and Tower of Terror this time (it’s getting hard) – and venture over to Playhouse Disney with Euan during this time. We have never gone before, as he does not know the characters – but I think he might enjoy it. We will be leaving the park pretty early to get over to MK for an 11:30 lunch at Tony’s. If we find that we are enjoying where we are, we will call to cancel the lunch ADR and hang out at MGM some more. Dinner is at ‘Ohana – but rumour has it there will not be any fireworks this night, as MK is closing early for a Grad Night…..so we’ll see. ‘Ohana is a favourite of both boys, so nothing is lost!

Day 3
EMH at Epcot (our favourite park) – to get on Test Track and Soarin’ before the crowds get out of hand! We have a 1 o’clock lunch ADR at Garden Grill with Chip ‘n’ Dale. We really enjoy the Garden Grill. The food and interaction are great and get :thumbsup: from us all! After toying around at Epcot for a while (Euan wants to build a robot and has been talking about it incessantly since January….) we will head back to POFQ for a swim and a rest. We are meeting Pogo and Patti and our very own Natazu and Sagessa for drinks at Citricos. We will then head over for late EMH at MK – and hopefully meet other Intercotters for a Jungle Cruise and Dole Whips! :sail:

Day 4
We have an early ADR at the Crystal Palace, and plan to spend the morning at MK. We will head back to the hotel for a chunk of the afternoon, then get ready for dinner ADR at Marrakesh. We hope to see Illuminations after dinner – and maybe meet up with Pogo and Patti!

Day 5
We are going to AK for EMH and a run on Expedition Everest. We will surely get to Dinoland for the Triceratops Spin and the Primevil Whirl – then over to It’s Tough to be a Bug. Back to the hotel for a swim and a rest, before heading out to MGM for our ADR at Hollywood & Vine as part of the Fantasmic Dinner Package. We did the package in July, but were rained out, so we hope to be able to see the show this trip!

Day 6
We have a breakfast ressie at Cape May, then plan on touring Epcot for the bulk of the day. We have dinner reservations at the Concourse Steakhouse – then we might go over to AK for EMH evening.

Day 7
EMH at MK – and no plans whatsoever (we are going to play it by ear). We have hired Kid’s Nite Out to watch the boys this evening, whilst we join Jym and Rachel for dinner at the California Grill (we are very excited about this!). :fworks: :eat: I can’t think of better people to experience it with for the first time!!

Day 8
We’re heading back to MGM to hang out – we have an ADR for lunch at the Sci-Fi. It will be a kid’s choice for our activity after lunch. Dinner is at the Kona Café.

Day 9
Kid’s choice for where to go this day – our only plan is Chef Mickey’s for dinner.

Day 10
‘Ohana for breakfast with Stitch :stitch2: (Harry’s choice). We’ll head over to MK for a last spin around before heading back to the airport after lunch. Our flight home is at 5:44 – we hope to be home in our beds by about 11:30.

faline
03-30-2007, 12:06 PM
With all the Intercotees who will be be there at the same time and all the meets that are planned, I can't wait to read all the trip reports outlining all the fun you'll all have together!

Enjoy your trip!

DizNee143
03-30-2007, 01:27 PM
sounds like its going to be a fun filled vacation!! i hope you guys have a great time!! cant wait to hear about it when you get back!! :mickey:

Nascfan
03-30-2007, 02:28 PM
This looks like a great vacation planned Jennifer! Some good "meets and eats" in the works. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
03-30-2007, 02:36 PM
:thumbsup: Happy Anniversary you Guys! Sounds like all the plans are in place and now all that is left is the waiting. You've got some FABULOUS things planned and some good friends to meet - can't wait to hear all about the trip when you get back! :mickey:

Oh, one last thing - have a Mickey Bar for me!:D

disneydrmr
03-30-2007, 02:44 PM
You put Stitch LAST in your plans??? How can you treat my fuzzy blue boyfriend that way? Could you make sure to tell him I said hello? :D Sounds like you guys are gonna have an absolute blast! Don't worry about your home - you KNOW it's gonna be in good hands! :silly:

offwego
03-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Jenn...the good news is your going to WDW! and your plans look amazing.

The bad news is the gang doesn't seem to convinced about the 6 foot layer of snow around your house. (but I'm still trying)

sleepingbooty
03-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Wow, what fun! You'll be doing California Grill on my birthday - wish I could be there! Have a great trip!

Christine
03-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Jennifer, that all sounds GREAT... I wish I was going with you!

pogo
03-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Ahhhh..... the planning stage is over ! Now the hard part.............. waiting !:bored: :wait: :whistle: :help:

I love your plan and we can't wait to meet you, Brian and the kids. :D

RedSoxFan
04-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Sounds like fun -- have a great time:mickey:

BelleCiavo
04-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Wow, you are going to have a blast. Can't wait to read all about it :surf:
Karen

HndrdPrcnt
04-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Jenn -

Have a great time and enjoy California Grill!!! I am so glad that you and Brian are finally going to be able to give it a try!!:thumbsup:

I can't wait for your trip reports and photos. You know I am going on the trip with you....maybe only by reading your reports...but it will be like being there.

Have fun!

John

Natazu
04-02-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm always reading these things thinking "That sounds like a blast. Wish I could go." So, here's something new.
Sounds like a blast. See you there!

Dsnygirl
04-03-2007, 03:06 AM
:mickey: Jenn, your trip sounds GREAT!! I'm so jealous you're meeting Pogo and some other Intercotees... you guys are going to have a blast, I just know it. Your plans sound wonderful - I am going to live vicariously through you guys and your trip reports!! Have a WONDERFUL time!!!:D

pogo
04-03-2007, 07:30 AM
I'm so jealous you're meeting Pogo and some other Intercotees... Awww shucks. Thanks Blythe. :blush:

ChipnDaleGal
04-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Your plans look really great! What a nice long trip! Have fun at all your meets. :mickey:

ElenitaB
04-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Jenn, sounds like you have an awesome trip planned! Have loads of fun and eat lots of cookies (and Dole Whips) for us! Of course, have fun with the Intercot gang while you're there!

Oh, and happy anniversary!

mrsgaribaldi
04-04-2007, 02:16 AM
It sounds like alot of fun. Have a great time. Happy Anniversary:thumbsup: :mickey: :cloud9:

MissStyles
04-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Jennifer,

I always love reading your reports.......you guys always seem to really appreciate and live in the magic. :magic: Have a fantastic trip "home"!!!!!!!

Mickey'sGirl
04-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Day 5
We are going to AK for EMH and a run on Expedition Everest. We will surely get to Dinoland for the Triceratops Spin and the Primevil Whirl – then over to It’s Tough to be a Bug. Back to the hotel for a swim and a rest, before heading out to MGM for our ADR at Hollywood & Vine as part of the Fantasmic Dinner Package. We did the package in July, but were rained out, so we hope to be able to see the show this trip!

Day 6
We have a breakfast ressie at Cape May, then plan on touring Epcot for the bulk of the day. We have dinner reservations at the Concourse Steakhouse – then we might go over to AK for EMH evening.

AS it turns out -- There will be no Fantasmic on April 24th -- they just called us to cancel our H & V dinner ressie that I made 6 months back....Oh well! I called and was able to get a 3:50 ressie on the 25th at H & V as part of the Fantasmic package -- We'll go then..... I cancelled the Cape May Brekkie and the Concourse dinner for the 25th, and attempted to reschedule the Concourse for the 24th -- but nothing was available until 8:30 -- too late for a certain 3 year old... So we have a ressie for the Cape May Dinner buffet that night -- Has anyone tried it???

Another development is that we found out that one of Harry's hockey buddies will be arriving the Friday after us -- and we will be joining him and his family for breakfast at Donald's Breakfastsaurus (sp?) on Day 9 -- then spend some AK time with them. That should be fun. Gotta go with the flow, right?! :whew:

Natazu
04-05-2007, 09:03 PM
That's a bummer. Cape May is pretty good. I'm pretty picky about seafood buffets. It's so easy for places to let quality go for quantity. Cape May is one of the better ones.