PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever notice...

kakn7294
03-30-2007, 10:47 AM
As your kids get older, their stuff get much smaller in size but much larger in price! My oldest DD Stephanie turns 12 today and as I was wrapping her gifts, I looked at the tiny pile and thought how it looks like we didn't get her anything but then I thought about how much it all cost. She's getting a Hannah Montana CD - $25, a Pokemon Nintendo DS game from little sister - $30, a pair of 14k gold earrings (because she can't wear anything but gold) - $30, and a Tinkerbell Mix Max player - $100 (but she really wanted the $350 IPod - no way!). The largest package is the size of a hardback novel but I spent nearly $200! Ah, the price of being a parent!

Christine
03-30-2007, 10:57 AM
You're absolutely right! I noticed this at Christmas. Gone are the days of the $20 ride on toys and $10 play grocery carts that looked so fun, big, and were so cheap!

We too (with our seven year old dd) are into the "good (and expensive) things come in small packages!"

Happy birthday to your daughter!!!:party:

vicster
03-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Oh but wait - it only gets worse. Having gone through the teen years and college with two kids I speak from experience. You'll look back and realize these are the inexpensive days of raising a child. Enjoy!

DVC2004
03-30-2007, 11:13 AM
I know, it was the same for us at Christmas. It barely looked like there were any presents under the tree, yet my wallet was drained.

MsMin
03-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Happy Birthday :cake: to your dd-- so many birthdays in spring.
The toys do get more expensive. W/ my kids b/d's this week I found I am running out of gifts, certainly in electronics and DVD's. Of course the expensive bags and purses never stop.

conorsmom2000
03-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Happy Birthday to your daughter!! :party:

Yes, I know exactly what you mean! I was very sad to see how small Conor's "pile" at Christmas looked, yet, we'd spent more than usual. It was just a few years ago that we spent half of what we spend now and he had so much more stuff - things we couldn't even wrap, like an easel and a tricycle!! Honestly, though, he doesn't notice - he's just happy to get presents! :mickey:

murphy1
03-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Oh, great!!!!!!!! I have three girls and still have the big stuff with the 3 yo but she has less than her two sisters had b/c I had to clear some of it out! LOl
My 7 yo is really into clothing now too! Luckily she like Target and Kohls though and she needs clothing anyway!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-30-2007, 09:10 PM
I know exactly what you mean. My son's are 9 and 7. They each have Nintendo DS Lite's, games for that system and they got the Nintendo Wii for Xmas. What kills me is the price of the darn games after you spend all the money on the systems.

All of their things now are smaller and much more expensive.

pink
03-30-2007, 10:23 PM
All the gifts are usually small until they need a car ;)

:mickey:

Christine
03-30-2007, 11:00 PM
All the gifts are usually small until they need a car ;)

:mickey:

Oh, I can't even think about that!!! :jaw: