PDA

View Full Version : First Family Trip to POFQ

ginams
03-30-2007, 10:25 AM
My mother planned this at the last minute. We will be there 4/11-4/16. I see others post about requesting certain rooms or buildings. Do I need to consider this? What would you suggest? I'm trying to make this trip a great one for my two boys age 4 and 7.

Thanks, gina

Christine
03-30-2007, 10:58 AM
You will love POFQ! That is our "home away from home". There is really NOT a bad location, but our favorite buildings are 3 and 4.

ginams
03-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Thank you for the suggestion.

AuntDJ
03-30-2007, 11:53 AM
This is my favorite resort! I have a 5; 8 & 9. They LOVED the slide at the pool, so try to fit in some swim time for the kids!

Also, I don't think there is a bad building here, even building 7 is not that far off. That being said I prefer building 4, it is closest to the buses, pool, and food court.

Have a GREAT trip!

DJ

kakn7294
03-30-2007, 12:10 PM
We love that resort! My family hesitated to stay there in December but we decided it was the best choice for us because of the resort size. I'm so glad we did! There cannot possibly be a bad room location! We were in building 4 and as others have said, it's very close to the main building with the food court and gift shop as well as the pool, but all of the buildings are close. In 2 minutes or less, you can be from any building to the main building! And the water view rooms must be nice as well - the river looks so peaceful! I really think you will love it here! Be sure to check out the pool - it's one of the best themed on property IMO and right next to it is a little playground for your boys to run off a little extra energy (I don't know where they get that after all day at the parks!). The food court seems a little small but quite adequate for the resort size. The gift shop had a nice selection as well. You can walk to POR in just a few minutes and have access to another gift shop, food court, a table service restaurant, and use that pool as well. It's a nice, relaxing walk! There's also a boat to DTD - we didn't take it but I hear it's a nice ride. In the evenings, you will see a horse-drawn carriage roaming around the property and there's a fishing hole at POR. I hope you'll love it here as much as we did!

AuntDJ
03-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I forgot to mention the boat to DTD...we really enjoy this and do it every time. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get there and launches every 20-30 minutes. The launch is right next to the pool.

If going to DTD, this is much more enjoyable than the bus!

DJ