PDA

View Full Version : Renting DVC points

Physcayt
03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
My mother-in-law is a DVC member and we travel together as a whole family every year to visit Disney :clappy: We love the DVC!

In addition to our normal family trip, my DW and I are plannin a trip next summer ('08) with two of our friends. We really want to stay in a DVC resort. Has anyone ever rented DVC points? My MIL uses all her yearly pionts for our trip every year so she doesn't have any to spare. I was wondering if you thought this was worthwhile? Is it complicated?

Thanks for the info!

16 days til we visit THE WORLD!
:rocker: :joy: :play: :drummer:

dlpmikki
03-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Moneywise renting points may be sensible. they can be anything betwen $8-12 a point depending on desirability and desperation of the person renting. The biggest downside is that you can't contact member services at all, only the member can, so you have to have a tremendous amount of trust. We don't rent points on Intercot but if you do a google search you will find sites that do. Just make sure you get as many safeguards as you can and that you rent from someone with a good reputation. Have a fun trip in the next few weeks!