PDA

View Full Version : Would I like AB at POR?

ChewyStriker
03-30-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm really a mansion girl, but am wondering if I should try AB for my 2-day stay at POR next month. It's really important to me that I enjoy my stay, and that I am in a quiet, relaxing atmosphere. Would you recommend I give it a try to stick with the mansions?

Tynkerbelle
03-30-2007, 10:02 AM
I've stayed in the AB section three times and the Mansions only once. Personally, I like AB better than the Mansions. I like the rustic atmosphere - I think it's very peaceful and scenic.

c&d
03-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Hi, having stayed in both sections I really like the AB section better.

The mansion section just seemed to me to be more hotel looking. Walking thru the AB section over the little bridges was much more interesting I thought.

JPL
03-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Another vote for Alligator Bayou here :gator: :gator:

RockChalkKimball
03-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Definately give AB a try. My family has stayed 3 times in the Mansions and once in AB. My family always has preferred the mansions, but I love AB. It is quieter and much more scenic. The landscaping makes you feel like you have the place to yourself:secret:

Niecyboo
03-30-2007, 10:29 PM
At first I was so disappointed that we couldn't stay in the Mansions when we went because our family is 5 strong. In pictures they just looked so much nicer than the AB section. But once we got there, I fell immediately in love with it. There is a warmth and homeyness to the room that just doesn't seem to translate in pictures. We loved our stay there, and when the buses drove by the mansions, they did look very hotel-like.

Christine
03-30-2007, 10:54 PM
I did not like the AB section when we stayed there. I felt like it had a Silver Dollar City / Dog Patch USA atmosphere. Give me those southern mansions any day!!

sainter
04-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Another vote for AB!! :mickey:

Kairi_7378
04-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Stayed in AB last week. I was initially disappointed because I had my heart set on staying in one of those pretty mansions. However, the rooms in AB are very quiet and comfortable. Mousekeeping was very good. The beds are a little campy-looking but there is incredible detail in the fixtures and decor. The walks to the rooms were very nice and we saw little bunnies every morning on our way to breakfast and the buses!