PDA

View Full Version : Best Pre-trip present?

BrownEyedGrrl
03-30-2007, 07:34 AM
My BIL, sister, and their girls (plus a new baby due in May) are heading to WDW in September. It's the first time that the girls have ever been there, and I'd like to use their upcoming birthdays as a time to get them a gift that would help them anticipate the trip or to use on the trip. The youngest (right now) will be turning two in April, and the oldest turning four in July. What are some good ideas for the two girls, anywhere in the $25-$50 range apiece?
I plan to get a present for the baby when he/she is born, most likely some Disney clothing sized appropriately for the time of their trip.

faline
03-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Disney dollars to spend at Disney?

Michigander
03-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Find a disney store or order on line t-shirts of the princess and have their names put on them, or if their not into the princess gals find a character that they will like. Make them bright colors and those girls will want to wear them all the time. My dd does! She has tinkerbell in a bright lime green and I can't get her out of it. I also found at the disney store small battery fans with the characters on the handle that she can wear around her neck on a cord that comes with it and when its hot while in the park she can turn it on and cool herself. The blades are made of that fun foam so they can't cut her. It was a life saver on hot days. It also sparked colors when the blade was on so at night it flashed alot and was fun to watch. You could even order their first ears on-line so they would have them to wear the very first time they go into the parks. Have fun with what ever you find.

kakn7294
03-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Depending on what the girls like and if they are planning a Princess meal, you could get them each a Princess costume of their favorite Princess to wear. If they aren't into the Princesses, you can put together a "gift basket" containing things like an autograph book and fat pen, a t-shirt with a favorite character, travel activities like those mini coloring books with the crayons attached, stickers, cute little sunglasses, a small stuffed toy, a mini fan, hair accessories (if they wear them), socks, little tiny rain ponchos, a backpack to carry all of their stuff in through the airport or in the car, and the all-important Mickey ears (or another type of cute little hat). You could also include a couple of disposable cameras - my kids love to take pictures and if they drop a disposable, it wasn't an outrageously expensive camera. I love to see Disney from a child's perspective through their photos!

mook3y
03-30-2007, 10:38 AM
A PAL Mickey would be a good gift. For our two kids one to share worked out fine.

Also, maybe covering a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique princess makeover would be fun for the girls.(Hair, make-up, nails) They have two packages under $50.

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
03-30-2007, 11:06 AM
How about pin trading starter kits? They come with the lanyard and 4 pins and you can select different character themed kits.

pook@wdw
03-30-2007, 11:49 AM
:party: Set them up w/a charcter meal (planned w/their parents) and let the restaurant know that this is their birthday :birthday: and they will surely be fussed over!