PDA

View Full Version : Pogo and Patti's Pre-trip Report

pogo
03-30-2007, 07:32 AM
Cast:
Pogo: 10 year old mind in a 56 year old body.
DW: Kicking and screaming all the way !
Reason: Celebrating our Fifth anniversary !

This has been an extremely tough year for the family and friends of Pogo and Patti. We hadn’t planned to go to WDW this year. However we realized that we may never get the chance to do this if we put it off. Let me explain.

First, we had a very good friend die from cancer at the age of 53. Two days later I find out my 83 year old Uncle George has died from Leukemia. One week later my Aunt Bobby, 73 years old died from Liver Cancer. Another week goes by and I get a call from my Father that his brother, my Uncle Louie, also 73 years old, just died from a heart attack. And then I learned about another friend also died from a heart attack a couple of days after that. Five deaths in a four week span. I said to my DW, “we NEED a trip to WDW”, so we booked it.

We will be staying at POFQ for the first time. During the last day of our trip last year, we visited three different resorts to see which one we’d like the best and POFQ won hands down over AKL and POP. AKL was too dark and we didn’t care for the smell of the grounds. POP seemed too busy for us. POFQ was very quiet and seemed to ooze a very relaxed atmosphere that we seek while on vacation. It was a similar feeling that we had while staying at the Poly.

Day One: Our first day is an early, non stop flight, via Air Tran Airways departing Rochester, N.Y. at 8:00 AM and arriving in Orlando at 10:30. After our ME ride to POFQ, we hope to be checked in by noon and off the Epcot. We have ADR’s for Rose & Crown at 5:00 PM and we are looking forward to seeing The Flower Power Concert with “The Turtles with Flo and Eddy” at 7:15. We may or may not stay to see “Reflections of Earth”; depending on how tired we are, because we will return later in the trip.

Day Two: AK is planned for an early start for us because this year we are riding EE and we need to be there early to get fast passes. We also plan to ITTBAB, Nemo, Dinosaur, FotLK. If we have time we will do the Safari thing before we leave for the resort.

We are meeting Jennifer ( Mickey’sGirl ), Brian ( CanadainWDWFan ) and family at the POFQ pool bar at 7:00 PM and they have included us in their ADR at Boatwrights that evening. It will be fun to finally meet the friends we’ve made on Intercot. ( I'm really excited about this ! )

:secret: After dinner I have a little surprise for DW, seeing it is our fifth anniversary.;)

Day Three: MGM, here we come. We will probably sleep in today and I’m sure we won’t be in any hurry to get to MGM as I think we’ve seen and done all that there is to do there. We might even skip going to the park today because we have an ADR for HDDR for the 5:00 PM dinner show. We are looking forward to seeing Wilderness Lodge for the first time. We plan on stopping there either before or after the show to see what the buzz is all about.

We do plan to go to MGM after that to see Fantasmic again.

Day Four: I’ve been waiting for this day for a long time ! MK at the opening and fun all day long ! This will be an all day affair. We plan to do it all so I’m not going to list it by name.

But we do have to leave the park for another special occasion. Today, we are meeting Jym ( Natazu ) and Rachel ( Sargesa ) for cocktails at Citricos and joining us will be Brian, Jennifer and family. I can’t wait.

Then it is back to MK for some more fun. We have an Intercot Meet scheduled for the evening and about four or five families said they wanted to be there.:grouphug: What fun ! Lynne ( Marlyn ) had planned on being there and even said we were going to have Dole Whips. I sure hope she is feeling better. I can have a Dole Whip on my own, but it will be so much more special with Marlyn and family by our side during “Wishes” and “Spectromagic”. I hope you are getting better, Lynne ! Also Niecyboo & family and disneydawniebeth & family said they might show up.

Day Five: Epcot and the Flower and Garden Festival. Our plans include Soarin’, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and we are looking forward to all the seminars on gardening.

Another reason we will be there on this day is another Flower Power Concert Series Show with “The Box Tops” ! I’m sure they will help bring back many memories. If I can remember that is. After all….. it was the sixties ! :D

Day Six: :( Bad news................. it’s departure Day. :blush: Good news.............. our flight doesn’t leave until 5:30 PM so we’ve got the whole day. Today we will go to any park we want, based on what we missed out on earlier.

So there you have it....... this is our plans for our wonderful trip to Walt Disney World in April. We will file a full trip report, complete with pictures upon our return. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions, we’d love to hear them. :D

mrsgaribaldi
03-30-2007, 08:07 AM
It sounds great!! I love meeting Intercot people.:thumbsup: It sounds like you will all have a great time. :mickey: You guys really deserve the trip. Happy Anniversary early:cloud9: :party:

CanadianWDWFan
03-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Sorry to hear about your family's tough month.:( Glad you guys decided to go down after all. Sounds like a good time planned out!:mickey:

We too are looking forward to meeting you and Patti!

See you there in 21 days! :cloud9: I am a bit surprised that my DW hasn't posted a pre-trip report yet. I'll have to talk to her.:D

Caroleh
03-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Sounds like you have a very busy time scheduled!!!! You really do need the trip, buddy!!! Have a great time and keep us posted!!!

Mickey'sGirl
03-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Your plans look terrific, and I can't wait to see you and Patti! I am honoured that we will be having your anniversary dinner with you and Patti (I didn't realize that was the day!) . I too hope that Marlyn will be able to make her trip ( :pixie: ) and meet us for Dole Whips! I'll have to get our plans put into an organized document to share too...... See you soon Cousin! :mickey:

disneydrmr
03-30-2007, 10:07 AM
What a fun time you have planned and getting to meet so many Intercottees.. I am sorry that this year has been so tough for your family. Hope the rest of the year brings nothing but smiles, cheer and happiness! Have a fun and safe trip!

Christine
03-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Boy, I'll say you guys need a WDW get-away! Sorry for your losses...what a horrible time you've been going through.

Some pixie dust, Mickey Mouse, and meeting some INTERCOTees will definitely cheer you up!

Happy anniversary and I look forward to your reports and photos when you return!

offwego
03-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Sorry you've been having such a rough time but it will be great to read about all your meets and your fun trip.

Congrats to you and Patti on your anniversary!

faline
03-30-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm sorry you've experienced so many losses in your life recently.

What a wonderful trip you've planned! It should be such fun to meet up with so many other Intercottees!

Have a great time!

KylesMom
03-30-2007, 03:29 PM
With all the tragedy surrounding you and your bride as of late, a trip to Disney is just what you need!!! You have a great trip planned - and what a wonderful opportunity to meet so many Intercotees!:D We'll look forward to reports upon your return. Happy Anniversary!!!:wine:

marlyn
03-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Sounds like you have a well deserved trip here Pogo! Life throws many curve balls at us and we need to live for the day don't we? I am doing my best to get better so I can have the Dole Whip with you and Patti and the other Intercotees!

Have a wonderful Anniversary trip!

sleepingbooty
03-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Wow, you definitely have been through a lot lately, I can see why you feel the need to have a Disney getaway - to celebrate life! Its too short to waste! Happy Anniversary!

Tigerinvestigator
03-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey Pogo, I had no idea how rough you've had it lately. We do the same thing when life gets hard, we plan and go to WDW. We are heading down on April 27, so it looks like we will miss ya'll again this year. Have a great trip and we look forward to hearing about it upon your return.:thumbsup:

pogo
03-31-2007, 01:02 PM
First I want to thank you all for the kind words. My Intercot family is very supportive and we love you all.:grouphug:

We do need the trip but the highlite will be meeting some of you at WDW. :cloud9:

Lynne, you are in our prayers every day. I hope you can be at our Mini Meet ! :)

Christine, your live reports helped me in our planning this trip. Thank you so much. :thumbsup:

Jennifer and Brian. Patti and I can't wait to meet you and the family, and I'm sure we'll have a great time celebrating ours and your anniversary together. :D

BelleCiavo
04-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Can't wait to read about the anniversary surprise (you can tell us now, we won't tell :secret: ). I'm sorry for all your loses. Similiar situation here. None of us how much time we have here, let us not waste the time we are given.
Enjoy :mickey:
Karen

DizNee143
04-02-2007, 03:43 PM
sounds like a good time you guys will have! especially with all the meeting of new people...hope you have a great time...and let us know how the trip went when uou get back!! :mickey:

Natazu
04-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Heya Tom. Very sorry for you both. I couldn't imagine something like that happening here. We would be devastated. I’m just starting to realize at almost 40 that people I’ve always had around ever since I was little are reaching a fragile age. It has definitely made me more aware of how important those “how ya doin” phone calls and family dinners are. To a certain extent, we’ve become a “Christmas and Easter family”. I think I may take a little more initiative.

We are counting the days ‘til the trip. Truth is, even though this trip is only a week long, I’m looking forward to it more than most in the past because of the company we’ll keep. See you soon.

pogo
04-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the kind words Jym. :thumbsup:

I keep telling myself that it is just "the circle of life", but it really wears you down.:(

Maybe it is because I'm getting :old: but we all need to take time for the ones we love and NEVER take for granted their love or friendship.:mickey:

And we are so looking forward to meeting everyone this year. Your not going to be able to punch the smile from my face all the time we are at WDW with our friends. :D

ChipnDaleGal
04-03-2007, 08:50 AM
After all you have been through lately I hope this trip is non-stop fun for you both. Looks lik eyou made great plans and I hope you enjoy all the meets you have planned with other Intercotees. :mickey:

ElenitaB
04-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a trip to WDW is JUST what the doctor ordered. And meeting fellow Intercotees is like icing on the cake! (Sorry for the mixed metaphor. :blush: )

Have a wonderful time! Congratulations on your anniversary. Hope that your anniversary will be yet another day that you are :turtle: So Happy Together! :turtle:

magicman
04-03-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm sorry for all of your losses; however, I think the very beginning of your pre-trip report is encouraging..."Pogo: 10 year old mind in a 56 year old body".
Enjoying & making the most of each day God gives us keeps us young & happy at heart.

As I mentioned in a post to you a couple of weeks ago...I don't have a trip planned, so I'll be living vicariously through all of you who do.

pogo
04-03-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm sorry for all of your losses; however, I think the very beginning of your pre-trip report is encouraging..."Pogo: 10 year old mind in a 56 year old body".
Enjoying & making the most of each day God gives us keeps us young & happy at heart.

As I mentioned in a post to you a couple of weeks ago...I don't have a trip planned, so I'll be living vicariously through all of you who do. Thanks for the kind words. I am a very positive person with a great faith. That is what got me through all the spead bumps this winter. Of course, it dosen't hurt to book a WDW trip to meet friends. :D